Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Xushaofa 999-LSZ rubber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xushaofa 999-LSZ rubber
    Posted: 07/18/2012 at 12:34am
Received this rubber from eacheng today. $9.99 before shipping

Here are some pics:

YOWSA... 76 grams uncut! Shocked

This rubber has some similarities to HRT Wujilong 39, but on day 1 I'm finding it to be a little softer and as nathanso reported, also spinnier.

I've been looking for a replacement for Thor's for the backhand of my Expert(s). Thor's works great there, but I've been wanting something a little lighter and less expensive is always good too.

I put this sheet on my lightest Expert, 85.9 grams, with TG3neo on the other side... the setup came in at 190 grams! Dead

Here's something strange; when using it against my robot, which was set to deliver medium backspin off the table, I liked it just as well on the forehand as the backhand. HRT Wujilong 39 is definitely only a FH rubber for anyone liking a soft rubber on the backhand, as it's similar to TG3neo but even crisper. But this rubber can go on either side imo.

I will say though, I picked up another Expert with TG3neo and a 3 month old sheet of Thor's, and my backhand was easily more dynamic right away.

nathanso exhorted me to give the rubber some time to break in however... I'll be giving it a good hit at the club tomorrow

I'm definitely impressed at the $10 price point

... more to come
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Sponsored Links

Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2012 at 12:39am
What a nice culote colour Wink

You ordered only the black rubber?

Edited by Imago - 07/18/2012 at 12:40am
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2012 at 12:55am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

What a nice culote colour Wink

You ordered only the black rubber?

yep
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2012 at 2:06am
Re break-in, you're simply trying to wear off its shiny semi-tacky surface which takes about a day. No need to break in the sponge for days on end a la Thors. Once that happens it speeds up and gets clicky. Crisp, even.

Then watch your frustrated opponents return your drives long, or better yet.. have your topspin balls dive below their paddles..    I suppose you could use this on BH but it loads up so well on FH drives and brush loops that it seems a shame to waste all that power handling ability.

Report back on how many of your clubmates ask, "did you get new rubber?!"
BBC, SP, LP
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2012 at 2:13am
I'll probably twiddle and try it on both sides

but dang it... it's so heavy!
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2012 at 2:28am
Dayum! Same weight as my Sanwei T88-1 Dead
Good thing I only ordered 1.
I'll stick with my HRT, I think Tongue

What is the cut weight?

Edited by dual700 - 07/18/2012 at 2:28am
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2012 at 2:30am
Originally posted by dual700 dual700 wrote:

What is the cut weight?

depends on your blade Wink
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2012 at 2:30am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

86g blade?! Mine is 70g. Get Charlie of BBC to make you a 70g ULTRA Blue Streak. Even he agreed that the UBS+XFS 999 LSZ is a perfect match.
BBC, SP, LP
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2012 at 2:32am
(I didn't weigh the blade w/ tg3neo before putting the rubber on)

Edited by the_theologian - 07/18/2012 at 2:33am
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2012 at 2:34am
Originally posted by nathanso nathanso wrote:

86g blade?! Mine is 70g. Get Charlie of BBC to make you a 70g ULTRA Blue Streak. Even he agreed that the UBS+XFS 999 LSZ is a perfect match.

and leave the Expert?! Smile

i love Charlie's blades but I'm pretty stuck on the Expert. besides, i'd still have a head heavy problem
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2012 at 2:36am

What is the cut weight?

Lol, 157x150 standard blade of course. Wink
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2012 at 2:40am

What is the cut weight?

Lol, 157x150 standard blade of course. Wink

no no no... "standard" is 160x151 Big smile
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2012 at 3:25am
Hell, standard is 165x156 LOL
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2012 at 6:19am

Red and black XSF arrived yesterday. Picked the blak one @ 38 d to pair it with a red HRT on a Def Yinhe 980 of the above size.

Uncut weight is 77 g, so minus 22 and we get the weight of the cut rubber. Pretty heavy in contradistinction to HRT (47 g). Package opened the rubber smells like rotten fish but still no trace of factory tuning - standard FT is that of Haifu.

Topsheet looks better than the red HRT, it has some tack. XSF 38 is by 4-5 d harder than HRT, has more power, a little bit more spin - and almost no forward, forget abt smashes, no straighforward catapult. Harder than its cousin Globe 999 Nt.
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2012 at 2:50pm

Red and black XSF arrived yesterday. Picked the blak one @ 38 d to pair it with a red HRT on a Def Yinhe 980 of the above size.

Uncut weight is 77 g, so minus 22 and we get the weight of the cut rubber. Pretty heavy in contradistinction to HRT (47 g). Package opened the rubber smells like rotten fish but still no trace of factory tuning - standard FT is that of Haifu.

Topsheet looks better than the red HRT, it has some tack. XSF 38 is by 4-5 d harder than HRT, has more power, a little bit more spin - and almost no forward, forget abt smashes, no straighforward catapult. Harder than its cousin Globe 999 Nt.
Flat-hit speed will increase after one day's play/break-in. Only a little more spin that HRT? I'm seeing a huge difference, especially late in the ball path where XSF is still spinning like mad and HRT isn't. I've never had so many of my topspin drives dive beneath my opponents' paddles than when using XSF 999 LSZ.
BBC, SP, LP
Stoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2012 at 3:01pm
That was on my "to buy" list but hearing its heavier and harder than HRT its a sure letdown. I already found HRT difficult to counter attack because of its hardness and generally hard rubbers fail in that section - counter spin. Thanks for the short review, i'll stick with Mercury II at 4$ (muahahaha!).
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2012 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Stoi Stoi wrote:

That was on my "to buy" list but hearing its heavier and harder than HRT its a sure letdown. I already found HRT difficult to counter attack because of its hardness and generally hard rubbers fail in that section - counter spin. Thanks for the short review, i'll stick with Mercury II at 4$ (muahahaha!).

heavier, yes, harder, no
Stoi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2012 at 8:00pm
Compare with some other rubber please. You say it feels softer than HRT, how much softer?
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 12:04am
I have measured them again from the topsheet, attached to the blade, which means general playing hardness is XSF - 52 d., HRT - 45 d. This is a relative, not absolute hardness.
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 12:08am
I just opened my second package of XSF 999 LSZ 37* black. It weighed 74g uncut and measured 168mm x 168mm. Cut to my blade it was 51g.. a few grams heavier than Tenergy 25 2.1mm black.

Speed-wise on flat hits, it's half as fast as my broken-in sheet. A huge difference. Thankfully, its tackiness wears off quickly and the speed soon comes, at which point this becomes an entirely different rubber. I know it's only $10 but trust me.. it's worth the time to break it in and experience what this rubber can truly deliver.

Edited by nathanso - 07/29/2012 at 12:26am
BBC, SP, LP
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 12:19am
Originally posted by nathanso nathanso wrote:

Flat-hit speed will increase after one day's play/break-in. Only a little more spin that HRT? I'm seeing a huge difference, especially late in the ball path where XSF is still spinning like mad and HRT isn't. I've never had so many of my topspin drives dive beneath my opponents' paddles than when using XSF 999 LSZ.

Let's hope in two days I witness the same performance. So far it behaves like a very hard H2. WLQ would certainly like it. I find it excellent for my FH wide swings and brush-loops.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 12:35am
Originally posted by Stoi Stoi wrote:

Compare with some other rubber please. You say it feels softer than HRT, how much softer?

I've now opened 6 sheets of HRT... the first two sheets were quite hard (1 red and 1 black). Harder than unmarked TG3neo. After those two sheets I opened a sheet of XSF (black) and it was noticeably softer... quite noticeable actually.

Then again, the most recent HRT sheets I opened (2 red and 2 black) were about the same as XSF; maybe slightly harder.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 12:35am

I have measured them again from the topsheet, attached to the blade, which means general playing hardness is XSF - 52 d., HRT - 45 d. This is a relative, not absolute hardness.

Imago can you provide me with a link for the durometer you're using?
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 12:37am
In terms of sponge, I presume.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 12:38am

In terms of sponge, I presume.

well, actually I'm going in terms of "overall"... for what that's worth. I peel back the plastic sheets (from both sides) and do a squeeze test, if you will.... XSF has been the softest so far. most recent sheets of HRT not far behind
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 12:44am
XSF topsheet is much harder, hence the difference.

I use this kind of durometer, model C
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 1:07am

XSF topsheet is much harder, hence the difference.

I use this kind of durometer, model C

not as expensive as I expected... I need to get one eventually
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 1:15am
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/29/2012 at 4:17am
BTW, is the quality of the red XSF topsheet better than the black one?

Edited by Imago - 07/29/2012 at 4:38am
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 2:54am

On the third day, this is really another rubber. Spin is almost the same as Xiom Vega Pro (on the BH) but due to the hardest topsheet, the general feeling is more like playing with BTY SpinArt. There is still a sporadic characteristic click when hitting flat as with H2, but both spin and throw are higher than with H2.

For $10, this rubber is a steal - esp., if you like the hard play.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic