Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Xushaofa 999-LSZ rubber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
runeazn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runeazn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 7:13am
How long does this rubber last, well you know it is tuned

Also what about this one http://ttnpp.com/shop/xushaofa-lsz-ii-999-tornado-tension-gp-sponge-p-222.html

Edited by runeazn - 07/30/2012 at 7:15am
Blade: Virtuoso

Red: xiom Japan
Black: Nittaku DHS H3
Sponsored Links

nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by runeazn runeazn wrote:

How long does this rubber last, well you know it is tuned

Also what about this one http://ttnpp.com/shop/xushaofa-lsz-ii-999-tornado-tension-gp-sponge-p-222.html
I have these (from ttnpp) in black in both 43* and 45*. The purple sponge version sold by Eacheng is better, though these are certainly not bad rubbers.
BBC, SP, LP
runeazn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote runeazn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 8:51pm
why does everybody buy a black one and not a red one?
Is the durability of the black one better than the red one?
Blade: Virtuoso

Red: xiom Japan
Black: Nittaku DHS H3
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2012 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by runeazn runeazn wrote:

why does everybody buy a black one and not a red one?
Is the durability of the black one better than the red one?

in my case it's because i was looking for a replacement bh rubber, and i always use black on the bh

nothing more than that
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2012 at 2:22am
My latest sheet of XSF 999 LSZ black is taking longer than one day to break in. I just finished day two and it's still not as fast or clicky as my first sheet which has 20+ days playing time on it.
BBC, SP, LP
Benigma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2012 at 4:42am
Im interested about the xushaofa lsz ii 999 tornado tension gp sponge from ttnpp, there doesnt seem to be much reviews on this rubber. Has anyone tried this rubber out, what are the playing characteristics?
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2012 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Benigma Benigma wrote:

Im interested about the xushaofa lsz ii 999 tornado tension gp sponge from ttnpp, there doesnt seem to be much reviews on this rubber. Has anyone tried this rubber out, what are the playing characteristics?
I tried ordering it recently but they sent me the other one.. probably because they no longer have the GP version available.
BBC, SP, LP
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2012 at 6:10am
Originally posted by nathanso nathanso wrote:

My latest sheet of XSF 999 LSZ black is taking longer than one day to break in. I just finished day two and it's still not as fast or clicky as my first sheet which has 20+ days playing time on it.

Measured from the topsheet, Xiom Vega Pro is 47 d, while XSF is 55 d. Higher bounce in a week time, very strong and spinny rubber, and getting better.
tsanyc View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2012 at 11:21am
XSF plays pretty good but lacks speed IMHO.
For this reason, I use Moon, it is really fast on a Arylate Carbon blade.
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2012 at 1:53am
I got impatient with breaking in my 2nd sheet of this 999 LSZ, especially after mounting it on an identical blade as my 1st sheet and comparing the two on my robot: 1st sheet goes tick! 2nd sheet goes tock. 1st sheet way faster. I looked over the 7 unopened sheets I have from Eacheng and (finally) noticed that half are marked 37*, half 38*.

I figured I had solved the riddle, but alas; my 1st and 2nd sheets are both 37*. Now it's possible that my well-played 1st sheet just took a lot longer to break in than I thought. Or, it's possible there's a lot of product variation between one sheet of XSF and the next.

To test that latter theory, I opened my 3rd sheet (this one a 38*) and mounted it on a third identical blade. Slow and tacky right out of the package, as expected. I'll focus on breaking it in and see how it compares to #1 and #2 in the coming days.

Sheet #1, with around 20 playing days, is as fast as Thors on slow and mid-speed flat drives, though Thors has a higher top-end on hard smacks. The reason I love #1 is that even with all that speed, its spin, control, and consistency are better than what Thors gives me.

Edited by nathanso - 08/03/2012 at 1:53am
BBC, SP, LP
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2012 at 2:32am
Originally posted by tsanyc tsanyc wrote:

XSF plays pretty good but lacks speed IMHO.
For this reason, I use Moon, it is really fast on a Arylate Carbon blade.

Seems that they are all different, these XSF rubbers. The black one I opened is way faster than Moon, BW2 and even H3, but you have to loop with wide swings and always brush; flat hits are suicidal - even after the heavy speed gluing, tuning and boosting. It is the topsheet that is extra-hard and there seem to exist no tricks to break it in. It has thus earned the name of sawmill - because of the unbelievable cracking sound when flat hitting.

BTW, spin is tremendous now.

Edited by Imago - 08/05/2012 at 2:35am
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2012 at 2:48am
My 3rd sheet broke in very quickly and is closer to my 1st than my 2nd. I'll call the 2nd a dud.

At $10 per sheet -- and being that they seem durable and long-lived -- I see no problem in solving the inconsistency problem with quantity.
BBC, SP, LP
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2012 at 4:07am
After more play with this rubber I've concluded that sheet #3 is not getting any faster. I think it's accurate to say that the tackiness wears off this rubber after one day's play, and then you're left with whatever speed that particular sheet is going to give. It won't continue to speed up with more play. So my #1 sheet is fast, #2 slow, and #3 medium. 37* vs 38* doesn't seem to make much difference though the 38* does feel a tad harder and crisper than the two 37*s I have opened.

I was using #3 at the club today for part of the time and my opponent even commented on how the ball seemed slower than what he was used to.
BBC, SP, LP
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2012 at 9:10am
I can help explain maybe?

Check the production dates on the sponges if possible.

Factory tuned rubbers, even sealed, lose their tune sitting on the shelf in packaging.

AFAIK this I is part of the reason HaiFu products have such wildly varying properties.

It's also the reason why many Chinese manufacturers sell an"untuned" version
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2012 at 11:14pm
I've peeled off the factory glue from the back of my #2 sheet of XSF 999 LSZ and applied some non-VOC tuner to the sponge which quickly soaked in. I'll be trying this sheet tomorrow at my local TT club.
BBC, SP, LP
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2012 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by nathanso nathanso wrote:

I've peeled off the factory glue from the back of my #2 sheet of XSF 999 LSZ and applied some non-VOC tuner to the sponge which quickly soaked in. I'll be trying this sheet tomorrow at my local TT club.

Shocked, you said the "t" word!
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2012 at 11:25pm
Imago's bad influence!
BBC, SP, LP
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2012 at 12:30am
I use the word Intensifier - it is not banned by ITTF. Factory properties are not changed, only intensified. But this rubber seems to be resistent to intensifiers...
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2012 at 12:55am
I tried my red XSF 39 degree on my Xiom ZQ.
This rubber has awesome spin, no doubt about that, but it's hard as rock and the weight..Ouch
All in all, it's very very similar to Sanwei T88-1. Too hard and too heavy for me. Moving on...Smile
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2012 at 3:21am
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

I use the word Intensifier - it is not banned by ITTF. Factory properties are not changed, only intensified. But this rubber seems to be resistent to intensifiers...
It doesn't appear to be resistant to my Top Tech Tuners T3.. it domed right up within an hour of applying the first coat. Keep in mind that I rubbed off the factory coating that was applied to the surface of the sponge, making it look quite normal as opposed to having 'high glutinosity'.

The rubber is heavy, that's for sure. Prompted me to switch from 755 1.0 to 755 OX just to shed 15g.
BBC, SP, LP
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2012 at 3:26am

You mean the sponge curved. The problem is in the superhard topsheet. It is still 55 degrees, no matter how hard I try to soften it.

emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2012 at 2:30pm
I have played with this topsheet with 3 different sponges...
blue sponge which was very similar to the feel of H3 blue sponge ...needed lots of tuning
GP sponge which was easy to expand but let the tuner to the topsheet too quickly and ruined the topsheet quickly faster then blue sponge and a bit softer
purple sponge was nice for the backhand and seemed to be the spinniest...also needs extra tunning
but in terms of performance output...i found it as one of the best, not to mention the price being  much lower then most of its competitors
please note that i use this on a Off- blade (all wood)...so i need them boosted
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2012 at 9:13pm
I just glued it to my blade in advance of playing at the club tonight. When I applied the rubber cement it curled up like a potato chip.. something I've never seen an inverted with max sponge do. Applied to my blade it had expanded significantly from its pre-tuned state, now overhanging the edges by a full 5mm. Recutting will be needed but I'm going to let the VOCs from the glue off-gas beforehand.
BBC, SP, LP
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2012 at 3:39am
Just back from the club after trying tuned sheet #2. It was certainly softer and faster.. nearly as fast as sheet #1. Spin close to #1 but didn't cause the chaos #1's spin does. Worse, its click noise was completely gone. Spin on serve did seem better than #1. Between #1 and tuned #2, #1 is still my favorite.
BBC, SP, LP
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2012 at 4:35am
After a few more days, sheet #2 is now is very close to sheet #1. #2 has more spin on serve. It's also softer and easier to lift backspin. Still doesn't have the natural click as sheet #1 but it's playing very well indeed. With booster able to rescue otherwise dead sheets of this rubber I'm finally ready to say this is my new FH rubber.
BBC, SP, LP
Old-Man-Southpaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old-Man-Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 5:57am
Nathanso,

What thickness is the sponge on it?
--- Push/Chop or Attack ---

Blade: TT Piet Off/All Custom 5 ply

FH: Rakza 7

BH: DTec.S Long pips

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=48168
nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Old-Man-Southpaw Old-Man-Southpaw wrote:

Nathanso,
What thickness is the sponge on it?
Max, I imagine. I've only seen it available in one thickness from Eacheng.net.
BBC, SP, LP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old-Man-Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 11:29am
Yes, I guess that Max would make sense...

How is the control?  Ever attempt a longer fish or chop or loop from 6 ft away with it?  

How does it do pushing and chopping at the table?

Edited by Old-Man-Southpaw - 11/05/2012 at 11:30am

nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 11:35am
The control is phenomenal for such a fast rubber. I feel completely at ease manipulating spin, taking spin off the ball, or loading up the ball on serves or loops. I don't push, fish, or chop with inverted so I can't really answer to those. For $10 and a few weeks wait it's well worth trying, but be advised that there's inconsistency, speed-wise, from package to package so you might want to order more than one, especially given the postage from China.
BBC, SP, LP

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old-Man-Southpaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2012 at 11:51am
Yes, i ordered one to try with my last order from them.  It will be a couple weeks before it arrives.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic