Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Y does Joo Se Hyuk win???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
sidofmillenium View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2009 at 1:23am
In the hardbat era, EVERYONE was a chopper.  Once they introduced sponge, ppl had ot change to fight others offensive style.  In theory, u can never steal a point away, all u can do is try your best; which is being consistent at posing as many problems as possible.  I think chopper is way too predictable....not to mention, when their chops get too heavy, u can just do a short drop shot.  So u get unlimited attacking chances.  Michael Maze and ma lin mix chop with their loops and lobs....that is a way to go...a person's style has to be most flexible to adapt all challanges.

Theman, u r right about me being a philosophical explorer ;)
Sponsored Links

Beer Belly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beer Belly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2009 at 1:37am
I can't believe that people still think that LPs are insensitive to spin. OX LPs are less so, but those who play the spin variation game using sponge LP actually *need* grip. But anyway.

I agree about how juniors are not encouraged to be choppers, thereby contributing to the lack of choppers at the top level. I disagree that defensive style is not "successful" - Joo is doing very well where he is right now, considering the circumstances. I'm sure if he'd won the 2003 WTTC the critics would be silenced. Nevertheless, there are more choppers coming up now (Gionis, Park, Wang etc).

Personally, I find playing the modern defensive style to be full of fun, whether it's a "successful" style or not.
Welcome to the Dark Side

BTY Joo Se Hyuk | Tenergy64 2.1 | TSP P1-R 1mm

Chop til you drop baby!
TT over Study View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT over Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2009 at 4:39am
Originally posted by RedMan RedMan wrote:

Sid Sid Sid. The last time I check your USATT rating it was 1740. In my book that's a long way from being a "solid 1900 looper". Too get me wrong now. 1740 is a good rating. But to get be a solid 1900 looper, you will need more than what your game has. I played you early last year when you were mid 1500s. You do have a avg game. I beat you pretty easily in 3. You were pretty cocky too. I don't know why, but you were. And yes I use LP and chop/block. You gave up trying to hit through me and resorted to lobing. Didn't work.
Someone else here said it perfectly by saying its easier to learn to loop. But when learning both, that's when you really get good.

hahahahahahaha sid
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2009 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by sidofmillenium sidofmillenium wrote:

I think chopper is way too predictable....

Ha ha ha I'm sure Redman is LOL when reading this.
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2009 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by TBS9x TBS9x wrote:

Everyone's game is unique because we dont play exactly 100% like others.Ding Song couldnt unleash such powerful fh loops all the time like Joo, and btw Joo has very good serves also, bear in mind that good serves dont give you point directly but they dont allow your opponent to give you back a strong attack or even give you opportunity to setup your attack.

show me a video where joo scores 2 or more points with his serve?. why do you claim that joo's loops are stronger.

good serves dont give you a point , has you ever heard of liu gl.. if the ball sinks is not direct point?
RedMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2009 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by bogeyhunter bogeyhunter wrote:

Ha ha ha I'm sure Redman�is LOL when reading this.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL catch your breath, its ok. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL its not his fault. He's just a kid. OK, just one more. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Blade: Victas Koji Matsush*ta FL

FH: Donic Bluefire JP03 in 2.0 Black

BH: TSP P1r Curl 1.5-1.7 Red
Recanter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Recanter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2009 at 1:19pm
He wins because he has a good 3rd ball attack as well as counterloop. You basically have to play him like a looper.

The moment you start pushing long or giving weak loops, he will start attacking.
Timo Boll ALC ST

FH: BTY Tenergy 64 2.1
BH: BTY EJ Max
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2009 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Everyone's game is unique because we dont play exactly 100% like others.Ding Song couldnt unleash such powerful fh loops all the time like Joo, and btw Joo has very good serves also, bear in mind that good serves dont give you point directly but they dont allow your opponent to give you back a strong attack or even give you opportunity to setup your attack.

show me a video where joo scores 2 or more points with his serve?. why do you claim that joo's loops are stronger.

good serves dont give you a point , has you ever heard of liu gl.. if the ball sinks is not direct point?

Ok, listen.I might be wrong when I say good serves dont give you point directly but most of the time, it's very hard to get a direct point at such a high level, although it's possible but it's hard.If Joo's serves arent good then he will never have a good 3rd ball attack, and dont tell me his 3rd ball attack sucks =)) His loops are not only stronger but more fierce, mightier also LOL I watched Ding Song playing so you dont need to argue with me about that man.And btw, I agree that LGL has very good HIDDEN SERVES that can give him direct points but it's ILLEGAL now so ... get out of here LGL ;)
ryanp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2009 at 3:32pm

If Joo's serves arent good then he will never have a good 3rd ball attack, and dont tell me his 3rd ball attack sucks =)) His loops are not only stronger but more fierce, mightier also LOL

+1

have you notice that when JOO attacks with his strong loops and counter, its 90+% done his point? JOO's amazing!
t05 fx, diamant & wing passion medium
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2009 at 5:22pm
isnt that too obvious (_ _") :D His loops are very strong and consistent also.You can watch the match joo vs mizuntani korean open 2009, everyone will get what i mean :D
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2009 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by RedMan RedMan wrote:

Originally posted by bogeyhunter bogeyhunter wrote:

Ha ha ha I'm sure Redman is LOL when reading this.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL catch your breath, its ok. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL its not his fault. He's just a kid. OK, just one more. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Okay, first of all, I have read it takes 10 years to become world champion level, I have spent 7 :)  Second, I understand that choppers spin is very unpredictable...but his placement is...also at the speed ball returns...its very easy to adjust even if its a surprise.  Third, the technique used to overpower spin with your own guiding it with right trajectory of topspin kill...and if the ball gets too heavy, then just slightly touch it..and topspin lob it back....thats what Schlager did a lot of times at 2003 World championship.  Ppl up there r faster, smarter, and better funded.  but the laws remain the same.  A more consistent player who is able to limit his options greater wins.  Therefore, a chopper can only win as long as the Looper is not consistent.(including psychologically)
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 2:06am

Okay, first of all, I have read it takes 10 years to become world champion level, I have spent 7 :) 

I'm pretty sure that only counts if it's 10 years under the top professional coach in the world, starting around the age 5, and with the best competition in the world, all assuming you are gifted and lucky enough never to get injured. What are you trying to say? In 3 years you'll be on par with Wang Hao? That's what it sounds like.
TBS9x View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBS9x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 2:10am
Well, chopper doesnt only chop the ball man ! They also attack aggressively especially modern defensive player so dont say therefore a chopper can win as long as the looper is not consistent.And remember that no one is 100% consistent even its WLQ or Schlager or Wang hao, Ma lin, ...
Leshxa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leshxa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 5:28am
I don't care how well all these top guys loop. Every time they play with Joo, they look like scared rabbits and they GRIND through the game. Lately, they play against Joo much more frequently and probably train against facing him more often. In the past ( a year back or so ), they were less adapt to playing that style.

Same goes for Chen Weixing's opponents. Although Joo is a much better master of that style.
Back to table tennis...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 10:26am
I know it only counts as professional training..but I feel I m a little smarter for that :)  
ryanp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2009 at 5:10pm
sid, you are too cocky for a 1740 rating, i just hope you know what you're talking about - just reading your posts here, it seems you don't. just keep practicing.
t05 fx, diamant & wing passion medium
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2009 at 1:20am
Cocky means thinking I m superior than others...since it is a competetive environment, I understand I might be sending out a wrong msg.  It has nothing to do with others.  Its just that, I know, through the flow my life has guided me through...I m quite different.  I take it as my strength.  Its my hope that my pain has a payoff.  My vision is more than a dream.  Although, I haven't made any realistic progress in terms of performance in terms of winning/losing.  But spectators have agreed that I m the most fun to watch b/c of my out-of-the-world shots and my CRAZY lobs...
TT over Study View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT over Study Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2009 at 12:09pm
Y does Sid lose? coz choppers r always lucky, getting all these nets and edges.. but his life flow is different so he will be number 1 in the world if losing counts as winning coz thats what happened in his dreams
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2009 at 12:35pm
well, actually its more than that, I have seen myself getting things that all others around me struggle with...I c myself as very intelligent.(I live in the company of nerds :)
asyraf View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asyraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2009 at 12:40pm
lol
Blade: TBS
FH: Sriver L 2.1mm
BH: Vega Europe Max
Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2009 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by asyraf asyraf wrote:

lol

I second that lol.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2009 at 4:41pm
Let me mention 1 thing...new rising star Dima...old almost retired Rosskopf...beat Joo Se Hyuk.  Whereas Joo everyone once in a while...ends up beating any of the top players.(when they r off their mental form...which happens quite often at high level)  So everytime they win...is b/c the other guy breaks down.  We see that happen all the time...it happened against Persson recently, and Ma Long some time ago.

An Attacker playing at his peak will annhilate a chopper...just like Wang Liqin did to Joo Se Hyuk.

Which is why a chopper can never win a big tournament...b/c everyone is playing at their very best.(they would have to be extremely lucky)
shaks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2009 at 8:07pm

Let me mention 1 thing...new rising star Dima...old almost retired Rosskopf...beat Joo Se Hyuk.  Whereas Joo everyone once in a while...ends up beating any of the top players.(when they r off their mental form...which happens quite often at high level)  So everytime they win...is b/c the other guy breaks down.  We see that happen all the time...it happened against Persson recently, and Ma Long some time ago.

An Attacker playing at his peak will annhilate a chopper...just like Wang Liqin did to Joo Se Hyuk.

Which is why a chopper can never win a big tournament...b/c everyone is playing at their very best.(they would have to be extremely lucky)

You seem to be suffering from the illusion that ping pong pro players will play at their best in tournaments.
You also seem to have mixed up human beings and robots. The neural network in our brain is extremely complex and it is futile to figure out completely someone else's game. The reason or reasons, why Ma long wins or loses or why Joo wins is though interesting for us lay men, is something that is deeply  personal to them and their coaches. If you understand this you may become a better player and a better person. Good luck with your practice & tournaments.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2009 at 11:58pm

I do not understand it.

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2009 at 12:05am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2009 at 12:12am

That is just a theory...there is no proof weather what u say is true or not.  There have been so many choppers since the sponge era...but not a single one has won anything.  Face the reality.  After Joo retires...choppers will be extinct.

Jonan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2009 at 12:24am

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidofmillenium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2009 at 12:46am
U r the one who has constantly been throwing insults.  I always try to put logic ahead of my ego.

Odds is not the only variable present, so u cannot hold that as being the only reason.  Which is why...odds r against u.

1.  Hou Yingchao
2.  Ding Song
3.  Chen Weixing
4.  Chen Xinhua
5.  Joo Se Hyuk
6.  Koji Matsush*ta

I mean something where good ppl actually participated.

Name 1 chopper that will be contender to be World no. 1 after Joo retires?

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2009 at 10:51am
Sid, next time you should quote his post - this way it will be visible in your reply and the other guy won't be able to erase it.

Jonan, I am telling you as a last warning - grow up a bit and watch your language. I can see that you realized yourself that you went over the top, and in the future you should do that kind of check before you hit Post button, not after.

Thanks.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2009 at 11:34am
The reasons (I think) that joo wins are:

1) if  he gets lucky enough to catch younger players who aren't as used to playing choppers.  Some of the older guys with maybe less talent don't have as much trouble as the younger guys.  I noticed I saw hou yinchao a lot more after joo's success.  Like they decided to put more choppers into their national mix so they could have top level guys to practice against

2) It seems that joo is simply a better athlete than most of his opponents
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic