FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Yinhe SP-17 robot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yinhe SP-17 robot
    Posted: 05/06/2019 at 11:22am
I have a new robot I want to review, the yinhe SP-17

Background: I had a praktissmate robot for many years which is a homemade robot that could do tremendous spin. Unfortunately it was quite cumbersome with the net in particular and it did not work with the new 40+ mm plastic balls, so it sits in my garage, somewhere. I been exposed to the newgy robots at my club, but am not a big user. I have not used an iPong, any of the paddle palace robots or really anything else except the two already noted.

The yinhe robot is almost entirely plastic, but is very easy to set up. I did not really need the instruction manual which comes with both chinese and english directions. It was a 5 minute assembly process. 

One really nice thing is that the robot came with a plastic ball sizer. If the ball fits through the sizer it is good for the robot. Of all my 40mm+ balls, the only ones that did NOT fit (ie too large) were kingnik and some first generation gambler 40+ (the ones with the huge label). All my NP 40+ premium, butterfly G40 and A40 and new DHS balls fit as did all my yinhe/XSF. The ball bucket is large. I did not get an exact count, but it will hold AT LEAST 100 balls. 
The table clamp fits my butterfly centerfold table, but just barely due to the large lip. I can measure the maximum clamp height and I would not be surprised if some tables may have too big a lip. 
I use a serve net I have had to catch the balls. It is a non-recycling system, but I use it for stroke technique, not for cardiovascular training.

This is a two headed robot. But VERY importantly (and unlike the praktissmate which was probably 4x as expensive) the heads rotate in ONLY ONE DIRECTION. If they made the heads with the ability the rotate in different directions you could generate much higher topspin. With 2 heads you can make a no spin ball-but rebound boards do that just about as well.

I have not used it extensively yet, but it makes for a nice training aid for me. It is no substitute for butterfly amicus robot. There is no programming and again no ball collection system. I feel it is a decent robot for home use. I did get it via Cole at cost and I do not know what it could retail for or even IF it will be available in the United States. I would be willing to pay up to $300 or so, but not above 400 US dollars.

I will take questions if anyone has any. 

Best video review of the same robot is linked; I have no affiliation with this video and linked it as a service. 
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic