Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

DIGNICS 05 at 104.99$ (Per butterfly Website)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Will you even try the new Butterfly rubber when it comes out?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
63 [86.30%]
10 [13.70%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DIGNICS 05 at 104.99$ (Per butterfly Website)
    Posted: 02/25/2019 at 8:27am
All, yesterday a friend of mine (jpenmaster) send me a screenshot as he found on Butterflyonline.com website of the NEW Dignics 05 rubber at 104.99$  I could not believe my eyes!!!
Even if this rubber plays on its own, I will not take a leap to even try it. I rather spend the same $$ for new Michelin tires for my car (same price).
Sponsored Links

ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 8:33am
Crazy expensive, butI'm sure lots of people will buy it. Hopefully one of them will let my test their setup. Thumbs Up
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 9:14am
No way I will pay more than $100 for ONE table tennis rubber. It´s insanity. Things have run out of control here.
That said, I can´t figure what could be the feeling of spending $210 for a pair of Dignics and get beat in the first tournament by someone using a pair of Palio AK47´s...
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 9:53am
They need a premium price product so that tenergy looks cheap in comparison :p
pgpg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pgpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 9:59am
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

No way I will pay more than $100 for ONE table tennis rubber. It´s insanity. Things have run out of control here.
That said, I can´t figure what could be the feeling of spending $210 for a pair of Dignics and get beat in the first tournament by someone using a pair of Palio AK47´s...

That feeling is absolutely awesome (I'm using AK47...)
USATT: ~1810
Butterfly Defense Alpha ST - H3 Neo - Cloud&Fog OX
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by pgpg pgpg wrote:

Same feeling like when HZM beat ryu using a 20$ raquet
obesechopper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Crazy expensive, butI'm sure lots of people will buy it. Hopefully one of them will let my test their setup. Thumbs Up

Are you kiddin? That kind of setup is only for looking at! LOL

Super ZLC with dignics on both sides, set it up on the fireplace and wait for the wife to come home 
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

LOL! I used to have that same amused feeling when I had a cheap LKT set up that I would beat club kids with speed glued Bryce and later on Tenergy.  Having a sword does not a Samurai make.  But eventually, the kids improve and they do learn to harness the built in speed glue effect of their rubbers and give me a beating.  That is really the beauty of table tennis.  You use what's best for you regardless of the cost.

And let's not celebrate He Zhi Wen too much.  For sure, he's a legend and he's done well with his cheap racket.  But eventually, at some stage in a tournament, he gets stopped by somebody.  I mean, who would you rather be? RSM who wins an Olympic gold medal and loses to HZW or HZW who beats an Olympic gold medalist but doesn't win anything? Nice serves though!

But back to Dignics, once Butterfly starts advertising that the pros are using Dignics, expect the sheep to follow.  When Tenergy was introduced (was it $70?), people had sticker shock but people eventually bought it.  It seems nowadays, with the introduction of ZLC and Super ZLC blades, people are becoming kinda numb with Butterfly's price increases.  I know I am.  I expect Dignics to settle in the $90-95 range and why would I not pay it if it's just a short little jump from Tenergy? But I have to be honest, the $40-50 range rubbers like Rakza and Rasanter series are looking mighty good right now Smile
mykonos96 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mykonos96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

Originally posted by mykonos96 mykonos96 wrote:

LOL! I used to have that same amused feeling when I had a cheap LKT set up that I would beat club kids with speed glued Bryce and later on Tenergy.  Having a sword does not a Samurai make.  But eventually, the kids improve and they do learn to harness the built in speed glue effect of their rubbers and give me a beating.  That is really the beauty of table tennis.  You use what's best for you regardless of the cost.

And let's not celebrate He Zhi Wen too much.  For sure, he's a legend and he's done well with his cheap racket.  But eventually, at some stage in a tournament, he gets stopped by somebody.  I mean, who would you rather be? RSM who wins an Olympic gold medal and loses to HZW or HZW who beats an Olympic gold medalist but doesn't win anything? Nice serves though!

But back to Dignics, once Butterfly starts advertising that the pros are using Dignics, expect the sheep to follow.  When Tenergy was introduced (was it $70?), people had sticker shock but people eventually bought it.  It seems nowadays, with the introduction of ZLC and Super ZLC blades, people are becoming kinda numb with Butterfly's price increases.  I know I am.  I expect Dignics to settle in the $90-95 range and why would I not pay it if it's just a short little jump from Tenergy? But I have to be honest, the $40-50 range rubbers like Rakza and Rasanter series are looking mighty good right now Smile

What I meant is that HZW needed a cheaper raquet to beat younger and better players
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 6:07pm
Greg Letts prophecy of Tenergy 105 he made in his bty parody vid has been FULLFILLED like a motor scooter.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2019 at 10:56pm
Insane.

And at that price it should have a better name.

Edited by Baal - 02/25/2019 at 10:58pm
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 12:13am
SPEEDY
Viscaria Super ALC ST
JOOLA Rhyzen CMD(FH)
Nittaku Moristo SP (BH)
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 2:13am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 8:28am
Only if someone let's me but no one I know will be getting it including international players, some with a bigbig butter discount due to sponsorship.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 10:09am
Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Are you kiddin? That kind of setup is only for looking at! LOL

Super ZLC with dignics on both sides, set it up on the fireplace and wait for the wife to come home 
it might not work unless you post the $$$$ with setup as the wife will not know the insane price tag
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 11:42am
As is always the case, the market will determine if the price is justified.

A sheet of Tenergy 05 lasts me almost double of what MX-S that I played with before used to last.  In other words, T05 costs me about the same in real dollars as MX-S did or close to it.  Dignics will be a little more expensive, but if it lasts me around six months, which is similar to what T05 lasts, the cost of it is in the noise.  I spend more money on coffee.

In other words, I'l buy a sheet and see if I like it more than T05.  Price is not a deterrent if the durability is on par with Tenergies.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
mentortt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mentortt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 12:34pm
Compared to tournament fees and big travel costs, this sheet cost is nothing. But we need to know, is this new rubber worthy it or not? We are very happy with Tenergy 80 FX so far. Hope several early testers can provide some suggestions.
Dream1700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream1700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

A sheet of Tenergy 05 lasts me almost double of what MX-S that I played with before used to last.  In other words, T05 costs me about the same in real dollars as MX-S did or close to it.  Dignics will be a little more expensive, but if it lasts me around six months, which is similar to what T05 lasts, the cost of it is in the noise.  I spend more money on coffee.

In other words, I'l buy a sheet and see if I like it more than T05.  Price is not a deterrent if the durability is on par with Tenergies.

ILya

Does T05 at half-life play similar to Rozena? Or is Rozena more like T80 at half-life?
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 1:10pm
Extended durability over T05 is actually a selling point of D05.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 2:14pm
What a horrible name for a table tennis rubber!

I suppose there's no review yet? 
In any case....I'll pass Butterfly, thank you very much!

FdT.
patelaaaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patelaaaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 6:21pm
Predicting future of Butterfly rubbers in 2020: 
Introducing Butterfly Dumfac 05 with SpringSponge XXX
Barameters: Spin 5000%, Speed 7000%, Deception 10000%(sticker price LOL)
Price: Only $500 

Players: Shut up and take my money
Clap

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by patelaaaa patelaaaa wrote:

Predicting future of Butterfly rubbers in 2020: 
Introducing Butterfly Dumfac 05 with SpringSponge XXX
Barameters: Spin 5000%, Speed 7000%, Deception 10000%(sticker price LOL)
Price: Only $500 

Players: Shut up and take my money
Clap

======================
Great post.
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Dream1700 Dream1700 wrote:

ILya

Does T05 at half-life play similar to Rozena? Or is Rozena more like T80 at half-life?

It is always greippier than Rozena, even at half life.

Ilya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/26/2019 at 11:15pm
In my opinion, Rozena plays like a muted version of T80. Slower, less spinny, less durable. Rozena has some catapult feeling out of the box, but not so much as T80. Rozena is also more susceptible to problems relating to moisture and slippage on the topsheet. Most people would be better off playing with Baracuda than Rozena if for some reason (too fast, too expensive, too much catapult) you didn't want to use T80.

Edited by ericd937 - 02/26/2019 at 11:17pm
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 1:07pm
speaking of high prices....wow.....just....wow....

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 1:14pm

I spend more money on coffee.

you can save this money if you will make coffee at home :)
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

speaking of high prices....wow.....just....wow....

what a rip off.DeadDead
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 2:23pm
EGYPT IS SOME PARADISE ON the Eath.

You can purchase T05 in Cairo sports centre at 40 USD.   Butterfly pricing greed is varying from country to country amazingly.
FruitLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FruitLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 7:31pm
Wonder what the cheapest local tenergy price is. Nigeria maybe? What's it go for there? SEA somewhere? 
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2019 at 9:32pm
Standard price for Tenergy Vietnam is vnd1,400,000 which is about 64usd. if you know the shop owner or a coach you can get about 5 bucks off. 

A higher level player than myself once told me that Tenergy in lower priced markets isn't actually as good as Tenergy bought in higher priced places. Is that true?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic