Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The pro's equipment -discussion and questions!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 195>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sebu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sebu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 7:17am
In the Qatar Open semifinal both Xu Xin and Ma Lin seemed to have a backhand rubber with yellow sponge. Does anybody have an idea what that would be?
Sponsored Links

ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 10:18am
gromousse i am going to answer you in short and to do you a favor.
from the very first time you get in the forum you look as an idiot wanting to be ma long.

with the time that first impression unfortunately it does not change.

it seems that the dhs 506 lab blade brings some strange behaviour to the owner. now there are several ones also looking the same. there must be the professional idiot looking. 
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 10:49am
So finally you reveal your real face ejmaster. You start to be nasty because you can't accept that anybody tell you the truth : yes, sometimes you're wrong. No, you don't own the Table Tennis Verity. As everyone here, but you're the only one that don't realize this fact. Because you are the best big headed of this forum.
Professionnal players are able to get better blades and rubbers that you can. Sometimes random players like us have the opportunity to get it. And yes, it's a real pleasure to play with, not because it's Ma Long's blade but because it's simply good, far better than your PG7 specially chosen.
Don't worry about me. I'm an idiot, but I'm happy. Your the best big headed and you're resentful. I'm so sorry for you... poor guy.
OSP Ultimate 2 / T05 / T05fx
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 11:10am
it is just a first impression. there is still time to change things. no problem gromousse.

i see you now are using a t64 pro in the bh. i am glad to see you keep improving.

i couldn't play better with a t64 max in the bh, but i am openminded to realize that the pro path is the way to go.

and i appreciate gromousse you are here to share your experiences with equipment eventhough the feeling maybe is too enthusiastic. 

Edited by ejmaster - 02/11/2012 at 2:12pm
EJ Club.

MM T05(fh)/Srvfx(bh); InfVps,LSW,Viscaria,RwV,TBAlc,PG7,yextsc,yeo. EJmaster wood.
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

it is just a first impression. there is still time to change things. no problem gromousse.

i see you know are using a t64 pro in the bh. i am glad to see you keep improving.

i couldn't play better with a t64 max in the bh, but i am openminded to realize that the pro path is the way to go.

and i appreciate gromousse you are here to share your experiences with equipment eventhough the feeling maybe is too enthusiastic. 

please relax ejmaster...
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by sa01 sa01 wrote:

Originally posted by ejmaster ejmaster wrote:

i see you know are using a t64 pro in the bh. i am glad to see you keep improving.

please relax ejmaster...
let me fight sa01. i am missing kamikaze avatar rr.
EJ Club.

gromousse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gromousse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 3:08pm
I've been using T64 on the backhand for 9 months now. before I spent 6 months to find a good setup with a hinoki 1 ply blade ; never been able to find a rubber I could control in the BH. Then I tried T64 on a CNT blade and it was a revelation. After that I tried a T64 pro and I found it better than the commercial one. And as you know there is only 2,1mm thickness with pro tenergys.
There is no need to fight according to me. I'm not Ma Long nore the best player in the world. But I have money to afford any blade or rubber. I can't do that for cars, but for blades and rubbers, it's ok. And I love to enjoy my racket. So... sorry you can't play with a T64 max on the backhand. It's not a problem for me. T64 is easier to control than a tensor rubber for example.

Edited by gromousse - 02/11/2012 at 3:09pm
OSP Ultimate 2 / T05 / T05fx
Lafetia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lafetia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 3:55pm
What shoe uses Timo Boll?

sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 5:45pm
some pics

http://www.xici.net/d128923189.htm
ejmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2012 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by gromousse gromousse wrote:

I've been using T64 on the backhand for 9 months now. before I spent 6 months to find a good setup with a hinoki 1 ply blade ; never been able to find a rubber I could control in the BH. Then I tried T64 on a CNT blade and it was a revelation. After that I tried a T64 pro and I found it better than the commercial one. And as you know there is only 2,1mm thickness with pro tenergys.
There is no need to fight according to me. I'm not Ma Long nore the best player in the world. But I have money to afford any blade or rubber. I can't do that for cars, but for blades and rubbers, it's ok. And I love to enjoy my racket. So... sorry you can't play with a T64 max on the backhand. It's not a problem for me. T64 is easier to control than a tensor rubber for example.

you are right. i was joking with sa01. there is no fight.
i also understand your point. there are lot of more expensive hobbies or ways to spend money than tt.

i can play with a t64 max on the bh. but i do not play better when i have to play with tough players.
EJ Club.

chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2012 at 7:51pm
After the glue ban WLQ was using a blade with light colored outer plies - supposedly, this is DHS "N860" - here are some pics, thickness is almost 6.9 mm, weight 90.7 grams, good balance, feels quite similar to p700.  Interestingly as you can see, the stripe in the handle is blue.

Edit: the serial number on this blade is in a different style, similar to others I've seen online.  Handle is nittaku, but its quite wide, like Stiga Legend.  One theory is that this blade is contracted from Nittaku, made in the same place as iruiru "limited" blades.

Edited by chronos - 02/13/2012 at 9:27pm
ztec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ztec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2012 at 7:37pm
How many pros are using Stiga Rosewood blades currently/recently? I know Xu Xin uses Rosewood V, any shakehanders? WLQ I know did a little while back, but I don't remember if he still uses it, I don't think so at least. It seems thus far Ebonholz is the more popular series among pros (esp. on the women's side)? 
Your play will change your opinion of your equipment more than your equipment will change your opinion of your play.
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2012 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by chronos chronos wrote:

After the glue ban WLQ was using a blade with light colored outer plies - supposedly, this is DHS "N860" - here are some pics, thickness is almost 6.9 mm, weight 90.7 grams, good balance, feels quite similar to p700.  Interestingly as you can see, the stripe in the handle is blue.Edit: the serial number on this blade is in a different style, similar to others I've seen online.  Handle is nittaku, but its quite wide, like Stiga Legend.  One theory is that this blade is contracted from Nittaku, made in the same place as iruiru "limited" blades.

The handle is of DHS make. Nittaku has had some versions of some DHS blade in the past (Hurricane Wang Nan)
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2012 at 10:26pm
Ian you're right, actually that handle is also DHS.  The blade came from a hong kong player, but I have no idea about its origin.
Nagatito View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagatito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2012 at 10:30pm
Wich is the equipment that Patrick Franziska uses?
Blade: Timo Boll ALC
FH: T05
BH: Roundell
sa01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2012 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by chronos chronos wrote:

Ian you're right, actually that handle is also DHS.  The blade came from a hong kong player, but I have no idea about its origin.

it looks just like a clipper....
Carbon TT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carbon TT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2012 at 11:31pm
What does Patrick Franziska use?
Primorac Carbon
MX-P | EL-P
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2012 at 11:55pm
sa1 I just compared with a 6.9 mm clipper - err let me try this a third time:

outer ply is the same thickness.
second from the outer is a little thicker compared to clipper.
third ply is the same thickness.
core is a little thinner to compensate for that bigger 2nd ply (on both sides).

I can post or PM a comparison if you're interested when I play with the blade.

Edited by chronos - 02/16/2012 at 12:09am
Lafetia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lafetia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2012 at 2:50am
Patrick Franziska use blade Timo Boll ALC and Tenegry 05. 

Lafetia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lafetia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2012 at 2:19pm
Timo Boll Shoe (エナジーフォース10)

cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2012 at 12:35am
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

I saw a snap of Lin Gaoyuan playing against Lee Sang Su. He uses Clipper CR non-WRB.

seems from the handle that it may be the WRB version? am i wrong on this?
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2012 at 12:57am
WRB version is clear; non-wrb is silver/ white as you see, I'm certain that's the non-wrb version.  Rubber looks a lot like h3, old topsheet though there's one little feature on the topsheet that seems off?  

Edited by chronos - 02/23/2012 at 12:59am
chronos View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2012 at 1:01am
Nevermind - that's definitely a DHS rubber, probably h3
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2012 at 1:12am
ah ok thanks for the clarification about being non-wrb. it is h3. 
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Lafetia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lafetia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2012 at 5:15pm
Wang Hao shoe. Mizuno Wave Drive A.

riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2012 at 9:48am
I did a search without success to see what Bokan Tokic uses. Blade is Tibhar Stratus Samsonov Carbon ST. Not sure of rubbers, although he is sponsored by Tibhar.

Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2012 at 9:52am
T05 both sides i think...
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

riker71 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riker71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2012 at 10:04am
Yes, the 2nd pic I can see the black butterfly logo, likely to be Tenergy 05
Stratus Powerwood
FH T05
BH T25
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2012 at 3:34am
A few pics from 2012 Asian Championship

YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
atv View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote atv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/08/2012 at 3:37am

YEO
FH: 729 08 ES
BH: Focus III Snipe
Senkoh-1
FH: H3 Comm
BH: 755
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 195>
  Share Topic