FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Nexy Designer's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 30>
Author
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/13/2013 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by gmarziou gmarziou wrote:

According to my experience, only bad water glues stick too much.
I had problems with Tibhar glue and another brand I forgot but no such problem with Butterfly or Donic.
So why changing blade composition when it's easier to change glue brand?

Probably beacuse a manufacturer wants to be on the safe side, irrespective of what glue the customer is using. Because he knows that if the top layer splinters, the customer will blame the blade, not the glue.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/14/2013 at 6:41pm
So, I see that Demian 2 has hit the streets. Any news on what it's like?
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2013 at 3:26am
Originally posted by Rich215 Rich215 wrote:

Originally posted by GoldenDragoon GoldenDragoon wrote:

Thanks for the insight. So you used the carbon in a way as to retain as much "all wood" feeling as possible. I have come to like this feeling alot. You get more feel than typical composite blades but you also get that crisp feeling of power that carbon blades have. Its the best of both worlds in one blade.

I have been testing a Nexy Spartacus.....and I must say it is by far the best blade I have tried to date.  For me it allows me to play at my best right now with every shot type.  I really enjoy the feeling of the carbon used deeper in the plys.  The feeling and performance of this blade with the hinoki top ply, is the first blade I felt a high degree of comfort and confidence on almost every hit!   This blade is also the first one that I felt that my Rakza regular 2.0mm rubber would stay on.  I get more feeling and control with the regular Rakza on the Spartacus than on all the other blades wood, hinoki, or carbon blades I have used.

Excellent work Mr. Moon....keep up the great work innovating blade design and performance!   Thumbs Up

Thank you.
Spartacus gave me very good insight for the next two blades, Inca and Arirang.
Arirang will be specially similiar to Spartacus in many ways.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2013 at 3:31am

Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Thanks for the insight. [...] Its the best of both worlds in one blade.

Btw, this is also what Butterfly did for their Innerforce blade series.

Yeah I saw that the other day, but BTY don't make a decent handle, especially IF series which has a handle sizedesigned for kids.

That's true.

But what makes different is that Nexy designs the depth.
Nexy has a clear planning about depth of the touch.

When I design a blade, depth is a kind of established category to differentiate blades.
So, it's not only about location of composite layer problem, but also all things are working together to make a specific depth in your feeling of touch.

For an example, you can feel that Lissom has deeper feeling than other most 7 ply blades.
Calix is appealing, because with it's only 4.9mm thickness, it has deep touch than most other carbon blades.

But in Inca, the coming new blade, I intentionally made the depth shallower than Arirang, to make different function and feeling by differentiating the depth.

So, this is very important factor in Nexy's design work.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2013 at 3:36am

Originally posted by Nexy Nexy wrote:

I think hard surface became popular not because they are better in many ways, but somehow, many brands led by Stiga found out a new way to make use of these hard wood layers. That was to use very thin hard wood, mainly because of its good shielding power against stickiness of water based glue, and support it's weakness by soft second layer.

This argument sounds a bit strange to me.
I had problems with Tibhar glue and another brand I forgot but no such problem with Butterfly or Donic.

I think I forgot to add this important issue in my before writing.
The first thing many blade designers considered about the speed glue ban policy was not stickiness of water glue. It was speed.
They thought we would not have good speed as we used to have, when we were not allowed to use speed gluing.
So, they tried to reinforice the speed of the blade, and hard surface was an easy answer.
And sooner or later, they came to realize that Limba and Hinoki surfaces are too weak to sustain the water glue's stickness.

Any way, if you look at the market, you can see lots of Japanese blades using Hinoki surfaces are now sealed or grinned very smooth and touch, in order to solve this stickiness problems, which made the hinoki surface blades stronger in the end.
But the actual feeling of the blades are not the same we used to have before.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2013 at 3:37am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Probably beacuse a manufacturer wants to be on the safe side, irrespective of what glue the customer is using. Because he knows that if the top layer splinters, the customer will blame the blade, not the glue.

Yes, you made a good answer.
As for me, that't quite true.
And I think that also applies to some other brands, too.
Thank you.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2013 at 1:52pm

Thanks for the insight. So you used the carbon in a way as to retain as much "all wood" feeling as possible. I have come to like this feeling alot. You get more feel than typical composite blades but you also get that crisp feeling of power that carbon blades have. Its the best of both worlds in one blade.

I have been testing a Nexy Spartacus.....and I must say it is by far the best blade I have tried to date.  For me it allows me to play at my best right now with every shot type.  I really enjoy the feeling of the carbon used deeper in the plys.  The feeling and performance of this blade with the hinoki top ply, is the first blade I felt a high degree of comfort and confidence on almost every hit!   This blade is also the first one that I felt that my Rakza regular 2.0mm rubber would stay on.  I get more feeling and control with the regular Rakza on the Spartacus than on all the other blades wood, hinoki, or carbon blades I have used.

Excellent work Mr. Moon....keep up the great work innovating blade design and performance!   Thumbs Up

Thank you.

Exclamation  MUST RESIST DESIRE TO TRY Arirang.................LOL  

Will the Arirang be slightly faster and more solid feeling compared to the Spartacus?    And what about the dwell difference......I really love how the Spartacus has that feeling of grabbing the ball with good control. 
GoldenDragoon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldenDragoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2013 at 4:30pm
RESISTENCE IS FUTILE!
Blade: Nexy Spartacus FL 84g
FH: Evolution FX-P Max Blk
BH: Evolution EL-P 1.9 Red
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/18/2013 at 6:42pm
You know you're going to get one. If you don't, I'll get one and torment you with posts about how great it is. And you don't want that, do you?   :-)

Looking at the construction, it could be a hybrid of Oscar, Calix and Spart. Like an Oscar, with burned core, and carbon deeper in. Sounds like a mind meltingly good proposition at the moment.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2013 at 3:43am

Thank you.

Exclamation  MUST RESIST DESIRE TO TRY Arirang.................LOL  

Will the Arirang be slightly faster and more solid feeling compared to the Spartacus?    And what about the dwell difference......I really love how the Spartacus has that feeling of grabbing the ball with good control. 

Yes, I think your guess is correct.
That's what made me to design this new blade.
It's faster, but has fantastic dwell time, and the touch of impact happens deeper than most other blades.
But I can not say that Arirang will be always better to all the players.
There could be some people prefer Spartacus to Arirang.
But if you are willing to test similiar but faster, then Arirang will be good answer.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/22/2013 at 3:47am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

You know you're going to get one. If you don't, I'll get one and torment you with posts about how great it is. And you don't want that, do you?   :-)

Looking at the construction, it could be a hybrid of Oscar, Calix and Spart. Like an Oscar, with burned core, and carbon deeper in. Sounds like a mind meltingly good proposition at the moment.

Thank you, Andy.
I think your comment seems correct in most guessing about Arirang.

By the way, all forumers, please, let me stay little more with Inca.
Inca is another pair of Arirang, with Tibhar brand name.
This blade has more direct touch, and easier control.
I think Inca will surprise many people who are not satisfied with other Tibhar blades,
and it will be a very unique and historic blade for Tibhar.

I need to tell more about Peterpan, and Inca....just I need more time and more vocabulary.
Too pity with this small terminology and limited time to write.
These days, God deprived me of time to wirte, and I love to read a lot, instead of writing.

Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2013 at 10:32pm

Peterpan

This space will be updated later.
I deleted one article, and I will rewrite it again.

Edited by Nexy - 04/02/2013 at 12:13pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/08/2013 at 12:04am

Peterpan - Never cease to dream!!!

When I look back on the paths I walked on, I don't see manything still waiting for my concern.
I've done petty much I wanted, and I tasted a lot of things already.
I have had lots of different kind of jobs.

Why did I move around that much?
For a job I wanted to be sure about my ego? For money? For self satisfaction?
What if I call it a "dream"?

I think when a man stops dreaming, that's the time for him to start getting old.
If you keep your dream, stay there, whether other people admire it or not, then you will not get old.

This age, where many countries are in big trouble with finance, so many nations are in hunger, so many people in so many countries are never stop to take a rest in their hustle for money, when people stop to believe that the poor can make a road to the rich class, I think we have to cherich more than any other age the energy to dream.

People are saying that true poverty leaves no dream on chidren.
I've seen children with no dream, and that hurt me deep.

As a business man, I visited China a lot.
But normally, I stay in a big city.
In cities, there are many allies to the heart of the city, meandering through the dirty and narrow paths, but I did not dare to get in there for many years.
I believed there could be nothing much to attract me.
As a Korean boy, I used to grow in one of the alley, and I know what it would be like.
Korea used to be poor, and it's not very long that we became rich.

But three years ago, I happened to starta journey through on alley.
It was in Guang Zhou. Big city with big population.... maybe 3 tlousand million people, I heard.
The road is too narrow, that two people can not pass by without shoving their shoulders in.

I know many people from America or Europe are not feeling comfortable walking in Asian streets, such as Seoul in Korea, Beijing in China, because people don't care who are passing by, and they always bumps with their arms and shoulders, but if you live in that kind of small but crowded cities, it becomes nothing peculiar to shove in with your bodies through other people.

Any way, it started with a small walk, but got a long journey, because that narrow path did not end in a short time. It went deeper and longer than I thought.
I could meet lots of people in that narrow streets, many men with only underwear on their upper bodies, and sometimes they did not wear any clothes on, except for shabby pajamas.

They did not look having some real work to do. There were many shops on the walls, but people inside the window did not seem to be interested in people walking by the window, who could buy someting from their window shop. In Chinese cities, there are many indoor shops where you can buy small candies, or eggs... , through the window. But the people waiting for the customes inside the windows looked dark under no light inside, and did not seem to be live much from my eyes.

It felt strange. People were teeming inside the street, and they were chatting and idling away with their ways, but with those noisiness, still it did not feel that the street is alive.
Because people were not laughing, and people were not chasing after something.
And the narrowness stuffed in my throat, and I felt like pressured under thick and dark colored air.

But on the way to the center of the city, I felt something different is pulling my legs.
My ears start to search for the sound. My eyes became curios about what would turn up after several small corners. Yes, it was the sound of smile. It was the sound of smile from little children.
The street was still narrow, walled by neighboring houses, and still no room for two passer-by's.
But in that narrow space, there were decades of people hanging around the walls, looking through the windows.

It was a kinder garden. In that building, I could see through the window that many small children are singing with their loud voices, and the people hanging around several windows seems their parents or grand parents.
That wall were gleaming with smiles from parents and grandparents.

If I were to live there, even though I don't like that small and dirty street, with many dangers and probably germs, hold my kids, but whatelse I could possibly do, without letting my children playing with other chinese children, on the street, inside the kindergarden?

Whatever I could see to the point of that moment did not prevent me from feeling some joy inside my chest.
Yes, the sound of smils from children, the look of their parents' faces, warmed my heart.
I could find the identical parenthood, unstoppable passion and admiration towards children.

So, I don't know what life you have there.
I know we have different lives per each country.
But we share the same feeling, same heart, and in many cases, we feel the same emotions.

And I think the feeling I felt on that day means what make people live on.
We need that.

Oh my God, where my writing is going?
I started this article with the aim to explain the blade "Peterpan", but it's got into an alley which meanders through many different kinds of feelings.

But I felt like writing this article starting from the story what happened in that moment,.
At that point of my life, suddenly I came to realise that I'm not that much different from those parents in that narrow street, looking into the window, filled with joy.
Life is not easy, but we have something to rely on, and that makes us live.

We can call that in many different forms.
Hope, Dream, Kids, Youth, Future, Faith, Trust, Love, Affection, Passion..... you name it.
There could be hundreds of words we can say.
We need those things, because we are human.

I thought I lived in better country, and that was true in some ways.
I had many difficuties running business with Chinese people, and I did not like much of they way they did.
But that was the monet that I came to realize we are not very different.
They were born in that country, with so many population and harsh societal system.
And Korea was almost the same in some years ago.

I travel many countries per every year.
I don't know all the country, but I've seen people living in the street as beggars in most cities.
Homeless is not a small problem in Amrecia, either.
So, we can not weigh the heaviness of burdens in people's lives just by judging what it looks like.

Some of you might think that I need to apologize for this article to Chinese people.
Yes, if you had stopped inbetween somewhere in the past written part, then I might have to say sorry.
But please, don't stop, and come a little further.

What I want to say is that I was wrong when I thought life in China was more miserable than mine in Korea.
Life is miserable everywhere, but life is also something valuable to live whatsoever country you live.
Because you have something to rely on.
I know there are some people kill themselves by commiting suicides.
But I want to say that even at the moment they killed themselves, they might have seen something beautiful.
Something flashes with light, burning with brightness, whisphering they might meet something better.
I don't think they kill themselves for nothing.

That's why Jewish people drew art on the walls in the prison under Hitler's dominion, while they knew they would die soon.
Hitler might have killed the Jewish villages, but he could not be able to kill the spirit, sense of love and art, jeal for life and God.

I'm not a philosopher, but from that moment, I don't see the world as two different things.
Some people who can help, some other people who need help.
I use big money considering my sales to help poor people, but I don't think that's something big.
That's just one way to live. We can live helping or struggling.
When you help, you feel better, and you can leave your struggle for life behind (even maybe for some time being though.)
So, helping could be counted as a selfish deed, too.
Anyway, I chose to live that way, and that's nice.
But I don't think I'm living where I don't need help.
And I don't think I'm helping who is desparate of my help.

In it's true meaning, I'm just one of those who are desparately in need of help.
Who else is not?

But still, we have some feeling about something far better than this real world in our hearts.
We know what's beautiful, what's good, what's nice, just a child knows what's sweet in his mouth.
And those things were not gained by our endeavor.
And we have high senses for art, music, and happiness.
We have fear when we are exteremely happy, because we know any kind of bliss can not be long enough to carry away those fear in our heart.
We can feel something burning inside our mind when we meet great art, what genre is may be.

So sorry for you people who wanted to meet some simple explanation about blade design.
But Nexy's third wave came not only with functional idea, but with the whole new point of view about life and world.

In short, we need something to live on. Something to rely on with our eyes, with our touches, withour senses of our lives, to live by.
I don't know what to call this feeling,
So, when I could not find the right word, I could find something like a clue, or a shadow.
One of them was Peterpan.

We all have beautiful memories in our past, and that memory keeps us to live on.
That's one of the thing we can live on.
We can recall what we used to be, when we think of something flashed in our past, such as Peterpan.

I liked the name "Peterpan", because Peterpan is the character who lives by that belief we need something to live on.
Peterpan can not live without being young, being a child.
I think most of us are already the same as him.
Specially when I think of table tennis players, even though we are just amateur players, we have the passion and hope for being a better player.
We live a dream life as a better player, in our mind, no matter what level we are in.
And that's one thing we can live on, live by.
That's important. In that point, we are the same, regardless of our mother country.
We can be African player, American player, Asian player.
We can be rich, or poor, but that does not bother us to live on table tennis.

When I try to read this age, I can say that we need something bright, brighter than our actual lives.
With it, we can have safer life. Without it, we are in helpless fear, in many ways.
So, I know it's just a sports, what we enjoy, but we can see this in the different direction.
This is the antibiotic beverage, which protects us from being hopeless, joyless.
This is the balloon we used to look up when we were kids, which made us feel happier only by knowing that we had one balloon up there tied up on our writs, which meant that they were ours.
This is what we could feel that there could be still some left icecream inside the corn even though we saw it as almost eaten.

When we stop dreaming, hoping, that the moment we start to get old.
That's the moment we start to be aware of how sad and miserable life we have.

Am I becoming someone to be looked over, meaning nothing much to share with?
I don't know.
I just want to say that I did not want to sell a blade with fancy name.
I wanted to put something really happened in my mind.

So, this is the story why I put the name "Peterpan" on one of my blade.
I wish you could accept my apology for this long writing.

Let's move on to the fuctional explanation.

1. Structure
   This blade is using natural Limba wood for the surface.
   I did not take thermo- process for the surface wood.
   But I burned the other two sencond layers and the center wood.

Burnt two inside layers make the blade faster than other normal blades, not making is heavier.
   And they can make the feeling more vivid.
   But the blade does not vibrate much.

Raw Limba used for the surface gives feeling to embrace the ball as a face, not as a point.
   It makes the touch of the ball deepter together with the second layer's touch,
   which is ayous, and that makes the feeling as a point, supported by the depth.

2. Depth
   Nexy has been always focusing on this item.
   I don't design a blade without checking the depth of the touch.

This blade has a feeling of the touch deeper than most other blades.
   But I did not make it very deep as I did with Lissom.
   If I say the touch of the Lissom stays in 30% of the total thickness, then I would say that Peterpan has 20% depth.

This a little big loosened concept of depth makes the blade more generally acceptable.
   Not very different from other blades.
   But still unique and intentionally reorganized in the concept of depth.

3. Variable resilience
   I think this is opt expression for the Nexy's second wave.
   I always tried to maxmise the variability of resilience for the second wave blades,
   such as Lissom, Spear, Amazon, Spartacus, Calix, CalixII and Qabod.
   Now this feature remains with the third wave blades.
   But with third wave, I don't try to maxmise it.
   Rather I want to make it harmonised with all other characters.

So, this blade does not bounce of the ball when you use it for blocking.
   But it has good power when you try to attack with power.

4. Speed and spin
   Burnt center wood gives bigger power.
   And the burnt second layer gives good spin.
   Nexy tested this spin generation function with the "AYOUS" second layer with the second wave blades enough,
   and the result was dedicated for this blade, too.
   But the spin and speed were modulated in the hamonised mixture,
   so, the staying moment designed by the blade structure resunlts in good speed and spin together.
   This blade does not show the oposite character of speed and spin.
   Normally, when a blade has good speed, it does not make good spin, and the the opposite way is also true.
   But with this blade, you can see both functions are eqaully updated, compared with other 5-ply blades.

In the conclusion, this is well balaced, and upgraded 5-ply wooden blades.
And I think this will show what other brands thought there could be no more, no better.
I wish you could be satisfied with this blade.

Thank you for reading this all, long and somewhat personal article.

Edited by Nexy - 04/08/2013 at 12:05am
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2013 at 2:44pm

Launching Arirang

There could be only a few who have heard of this word “Arirang”.

Arirang is the name of old Korean folk song. It has been sung by many generations, and we don’t know from when and where this song started. But Korean people have very strong feeling from this song.

The song’s title means one road running over a mountain.

I don’t know what other nations feel from thinking of a mountain.

Some people might think of greatness of nature, which does not easily permit humans to walk on, and some other people might think of forest filling up it, and going for a simple hiking on it. But it will be unusual to find what Koreans feel from hearing this name “arirang”, the path runs on mountain.

This small path means separation.

Look what the song sings to your ears.

Arirang, Arirang, Arario

There is a man walking on ‘Arirang’, which goes over the mountain.

This man who is leaving me behind, shall fall on the road,

And shall get hurt, not reaching a few miles away from me.

Very simple lyric.

It’s not easy to understand why Koreans like this song much, and what kind of deep feeling and meanings stay in this lyric.

But let me go further with this song.

In this song, the speaker is a woman. I can imagine she is trying to keep her tears in her small whisper to herself. Maybe she wants to cry out, punching at this man’s chest, begging not to leave her, but she can’t. The only thing she can do seeing her lover is leaving over the mountain is to wish that he might fall on the road.

I don’t want to say anything about feminism, or what was better way to stop him from leaving. This song is not for judging. But please, try to imagine what this song means.

Korea has a long history, but over many thousand years, our nation suffered lots of bad things. So, we know what sadness means, what separation means. Many mothers heard their sons are not returning from war, many wives saw their loved husbands are leaving for the war.

But under Korean culture, when a man leaves a woman, the woman is not supposed to say ‘no’. It’s not only for a man leaving for a war field, but a man leaving for another new lady.

From this song, we can basically think of two possible reasons for this man’s leaving. Maybe for war, or for a new girl. But this young lady just cries in her whisper. Sadness, frustration, all possible deep sorrow stays only in her patient tears welling up in her eyes, and she does not try to call him back. Just she is watching his back, walking away from her, and her bitterness comes in her mind with a small wish that he might fell on the road away from her.

Actually, the exact meaning of her wish is that he might have painful sickness on his feet. You may think of the pain he might have while walking over the mountain path, leaving her behind.

If he is leaving her behind, because he has another new love, then it will be the reasonable pain he should take, but if he is leaving her because he was called for a war, and now he is leaving his wife and several kids back, then what would be his pain in his heart?

We can not tell what was the reason for his departure. But anyways, we can read the pain and sadness moving around this song.

But all this pain, sorrow, bitterness is only expressed in a witty wish, that he might have pain in his feet. She does not curse him, regret over her destiny, and try not to express her inner pain out on her mouth. Only small whisper is the all thing she can do, and that is what she is now doing.

What do you usually do when you have big agony in your heart?

Have you ever be in a situation that you can not express that?

In this song, we can see that Korean people tried to scatter this difficult hardship by whispering this one witty wish. It’s very sad song, but also a very humorous song.

So, the name “Arirang” means something blocking you from your love, but your love is walking for it now.

If you look at the blade, then you can see black and red lines, which seem like mountain in Asian old pictures. Yes, they are. This symbolize a path thought a mountain, and also mountains where this man is walking on, leaving his love behind.

Here is two links you can hear the song “arirang”.

One is played by Orchestar in the street, another one is played by me with a piano.

Some of you might know that Nexy has tried three big changes.

I call it as the first wave, second wave, and the third wave.

In the second wave, I tried to maxmise the gap between absorbing force of the blade and the bouncing off speed in one blade. Because we need good control and short rebound when we defend or block, but in the other hand we need big power and speed when we make bit offensive shots. I don’t know what to call this function. But this function was the main concern for all of Nexy’s second wave blades.

So, I tried to apply this functional feature to many different kind of blades. And in result, second wave products are very large in numbers, and also widely different among themselves. Some are thick, some are extremely thin, some are all wooden, some are using artificial materials, some are soft and some are stiff.

While I keep on making those blades, I came to realize that there is a certain ideal blade I want to really make. It was not about abstract descriptions. I got to an island, where I can make clear about all these varieties. I coul get exact size and shape of the handle I prefer, I could be sure what size is optimum for my blade design, and what thickness range, what power and control and so on.

So, in my second wave, I tried to scatter the function I like into many varieties of different blades, but in my third wave, I now try to gather those varieties into something more central and harmonized one. Well balanced, but upgraded from all other similar kinds

I can say that I tried to decentralize with my second wave feature, and now I’m trying to centralize those blades into several optimal ones.

But with this functional factor, I tried to do something further than this table tennis things.

I came to think of this idea.

Ok, now I made many blades already. Then with those blades, what I have done for people? All things were only about function. Yes, that’s enough. No one expects more from a blade. But is it all? Is it all I can do with a blade?

Before starting this table tennis business, I was one of crazy amateur table tennis player. Newly bought blades used to sleep on my chest or beside my pillows, the first night in my house. I could not cover the blade surface with rubbers, so I kept on looking at the blade several days, until I cover it with rubbers. When I covered it with rubbers, I could still see the blade title and several sentences the maker wrote about the blade.

Yes, they are not only about function, but also about some emotional attachment. I gathered money to buy them, and after buying them, I wanted to make them play like what I dreamed of. I wished that they could understand what my wish was. I wished I could insinuated what I was into the blade, pretending that they have soles.

Was I the only crazy maniac?

I don’t know what else other people are doing with their blade. But I was that way.

In 2006, just after becoming the agency of Tibhar in Korea, I had some talk about blade with the president of Tibhar. I asked whether it was possible to insert one gem onto the blade. But he could not understand me. He explained if I make a blade feminine way, then women will not buy it, nor men either. Because women wanted to play like men, and men did not like to show like women. But I could not agree with his explanation. It’s not about woman or man. It’s about how to deal with a blade. I wanted to eulogize it with something shinny. It was not about adding weight, making less functional. It was about how I can decorate, how I can make it look special, unique, and different.

So, after 7 years later, I put gems on Tibhar’s “INCA”.

This is huge thing. It was only small gems, but it meant that I did not want to show the blade only a sports material. It has to be more than that.

Ok, some people might now say that one or two gems don’t make big change.

Yes, it’s true.

But it’s a symbol of what Nexy is trying to change.

I now try to show NEXY’s philosophy through nexy’s blades. And Arirang is one of them.

In 2013, what falls on my mind is “hope”.

With Peterpan, I wanted to make people recall back their old days, as young children, what they used to dream of. With Inca, I wanted to symbolize what I lost. Lost dream, lost hope. What we have to take care, in order not to lose our valuable hopes. And with “ARIRANG”, I want to think of the lost and oppressed dream we have in us. We call it they are not possible to get. There are something we can not reach at all, and they should stay only in our deep lost thoughts.

I became talkative, with my third generation blades. And I don’t know this is good or not.

People from different country have different feelings and ideas. Something practically exists in me related with this blade will not affect on some other people from some other country, I know that. Yes, I know that all these writings will be regarded only a marketing tool from one Korean company for some people. Maybe now I’m gathering people who don’t understand what one Korean man is trying to say.

Any ways, with all these possibilities, there are something I have to say.

I want to explain what I’m doing. It’s not only about a functional factor. You can read more than that, if you like nexy.

Now I try to relate this feeling with the function of “arirang”.

As a third wave blade, Arirang uses “burnt wood” in it’s center. And raw wood is covering the surface. But the composite material, “aramid carbon layer” stays under two wooden layers, because I want to keep the function of this layer deeper than the second layer, as the woman is oppressing her deep sorrow in her whisper.

This blade symbolize what people, who lost their beloved ones by war or by betrayal, might have gone through. But we know we can not stay there for a long time, because that sorrow will do no good but to kill us. Therefore, we need to overcome it, by twisting it with witty wish, as the woman wishes in her mind, singing “get hurt on your feet on the way of arirang”.

So, the composite layer, still remaining on the third layer, has to exert it’s full power through two other wooden layers. I had to find the optimum thickenss in those two layers. It had to be dealt with depth, not thickness. I carefully decided with what thickness in all, this composite layer will generate it’s full power when used for attacking, and this composite layer will stay calm when it needs to absorb the power of coming ball. It took long meditation and testing.

After two years of research, now I got the final answer.

And Nexy is now proud of this result.

I don’t know this article make sense or not. My writing is too much Korean. And I’m not sure it’s good for marketing or not.

But I don’t want to be international in my writing. I want to do what I can do best as a one man. I don’t want to pretend I’m more than what I am. Emotionally bounded one man, under one culture and history.

But we are not very different in the end.

That’s what now people are realizing little by little.

There is no nation to be enlightened, no nation to be thought little of. Culture have many faces, and all faces have their own value.

So, now Arirang is about to be released.

I skipped writing something about peterpan , Inca and Oz, but please forgive me.

This article and Arirang itself will show some more about understanding those other blades, too.

If you have any question about Arirang, Inca, Peterpan and Oz, please, leave a message here. I will keep on writing until I back up all those skipped information.

Edited by Nexy - 07/14/2013 at 2:45pm
Brand Manager of NEXY
nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2013 at 9:08pm

The traditional Korean folk song "Arirang" embraces the joys and sorrows of the Korean people.

"The song of Arirang"

Edited by nexy.com - 07/14/2013 at 9:32pm
Everything you need for tabletennis: nexyttstore.com
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2013 at 9:13pm
can you please state the effect of having a pruce wood layer as an inner layer of a blade compared to ayous for example?
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2013 at 7:18am
I think I have already shared some information about this.

Spruce is totally different wood.
It has been widely used for many good blades, such as Offensive Classic from Stiga, and Hurricane King.
Specially it has been well matched with Limba surface.

The reason is, spruce is hard, and gives good speed on the ball.
But it does not give good spin. This wood is too bouncy.

Therefore, it can be ideal when it was combined with soft Limba.

But recently, those water based glue is too strong for a soft wood, such as Limba,
and many makers are using hard surface wood, such as ebony, walnut, white ash.
So, spruce became less popular in this current market.

Ayous is soft wood.
But it can hold the ball's impact with enough power, and I liked the feature.
So, Nexy used Ayou for many second and third generation blades.
You will find more information in my before articles.

Thank you.
Brand Manager of NEXY
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2013 at 8:22am

I don’t know what other nations feel from thinking of a mountain.

The Bulgarian national anthem starts with:

Stately Old Mountain...

Smile

Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2013 at 10:19am
Thank you for the comment.
Normally, we don't think of "separation" from a mountain.
High, lofty, solemn, big, nature, those things will be common.
But in Arirang, mountain means separation.
Brand Manager of NEXY
nexy.com View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nexy.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2013 at 3:32am

nexy office pictures.

Nexy office has table tennis room for testing many table tennis equipments.

We only deal with original products.

Nexy company has many brand of table tennis equipment.
I think, the number is highest among all other company's TT products in Korea.

True joy of table tennis, Nexy.

Edited by nexy.com - 07/23/2013 at 5:05am
Everything you need for tabletennis: nexyttstore.com
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2013 at 4:54am
Wow, I did not have any idea the office was so big!
The wooden display cabinets drew my attention, I hoped to spot any unreleased Nexy product! :-)
I was able to identify most blades in the central cabinet.

However, I don't know that blade on the bottom right. It does not look like an official Nexy blade. Is that a prototype or some other brand? It seems to have limba outer and a brown/lilac shaded handle, reminescent of Stiga, Nittaku or Avalox.
Also, what model are the blue shoes?
Join the Nexy Clan!
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2013 at 8:11am
Never mind those blades, Arg0...

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2013 at 11:14am
The test room is deceiving. It USED to be very wide like it looks in the picture, but there is barely any room in there are Nexy has run out of stockroom to put all the stuff they keep stocking and selling. There are hundreds of boxes of stuff stored in that room now barely enough room to test a rubber or blade, but enough.

They keep growing at his rate and they will be in a much larger place before the end of another year.

Now everyone sees why I recommend that anyone visiting Korea should make a visit to the Nexy HQ...
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2013 at 4:47pm
The Nexy HQ is a very nice place, I sat in that same couch in the picture... I bought a bottle of glue and my XIOM Fuga, and they threw in a nice free pair of socks, which I still use today, but I didn't know about the test room.

They looked like they were amused/amazed that I was Korean, yet I could only speak English.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2013 at 7:11pm
When I lived in Europe and USA I was frequently tasked to teach Korean to Koreans in your situation. Ironic as I look nothing like a Korean.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2013 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

When I lived in Europe and USA I was frequently tasked to teach Korean to Koreans in your situation. Ironic as I look nothing like a Korean.
I plan on learning Korean some day. I hear that it's a bit similar in structure to Japanese, in which I have some proficiency in. I've already memorized Gangnam Style and Gentleman LOL 
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2013 at 9:43pm
man that would be a dream job to work there hehehe
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2013 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Pondus Pondus wrote:

Never mind those blades, Arg0...

I don't know who she is....
Maybe a ghost appeared while we took picture of our office.
In Korea, young lady ghost is popular figure in many old stories,
who attracts young men, and harm them.

Brand Manager of NEXY
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2013 at 4:11pm
LOL!
Indeed, this is how the office looked in a frame of the CCTV system about one minute later.

Join the Nexy Clan!
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2013 at 4:18pm
Hahahaha... well, regardless, by the physical appearance of this lovely young ghost, I'd be okay with her doing some "harm" to me...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 30>
  Share Topic