Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Designer's diary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 30>
Author
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2015 at 2:20am
so im not sure how i've been on this forum for many years and totally missed this nexy trend!!!!

realized this. did some research and now am SO EXCITED.

question tho: can anyone compare peterpan vs zealot? 

also how are the handles? i'm hoping to get some bigger/chunkier handles or even conical shape if there are any
Sponsored Links

Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2015 at 11:40am
Bh-man, sorry for your lost.
Is there any chance nexy can make peter pan with larger handle??

Its already been a great blade but i wish i could had one of those with a joola ST.

And also after a year and a half I can see craking in between kiri and ayous layer.(no traumaic history though)
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2015 at 2:10am
Nexy Korea president hears things like that every once in a while on the forums, but there really isn't enough demand for it in the industry to make it worth the production run.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2015 at 4:54am
Thx you, anyway im still sticking wit it as my main.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2015 at 11:04am
Vicktor K wrote about how he modified his handle to make it bigger to suit his preferences. Worth taking a look.
Tony72 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 12:10pm

Nexy / Tibhar Actium

I had the opportunity to try the Nexy/Tibhar Actium for 2 weeks. The following review needs to be taken with a grain of salt – the transition from the celluloid balls to the polyballs occurred during the time I played the Actium. Therefore, along with playing new material, I also had to deal with adjusting to the new ball.

I think most of us would agree that the BTY Joo Sea Hyuk is considered one of the fastest ‘defensive’ blades out there. Well, if you think the JSH is fast, then buckle up, because the Nexy Actium is even FASTER, on both forehand and backhand. However, with that being said, the backhand is noticeably slower than the forehand. Which is on purpose, because that’s the whole point – a unique combination blade that provides more control on the backhand and a brutal amount of power on the forehand.

I’ve tried many so-called combination blades over the years, but the Nexy Actium is truly unique and by far superior to any other models I played. Usually, combination blades lack balance and for the most part, they don’t even deserve to be called that, because both sides are pretty much the same. This is not the case with the Actium. But despite the fact that both sides play differently, it ‘feels’ right. This is difficult to describe unless you try it for yourself. Again, the best way for me to put it is ‘well-balanced’.

During my two weeks gig with the Actium, I tried the following pips: Curl P1 R (1.3mm) which is my regular rubber, Feint Long III, and Curl P4. In the beginning, I had trouble controlling my chops. But it got better after some adjustment. Key is to play a smooth up-downward motion while diving into the ball. The Actium is not as forgiving when your stroke is not executed properly. So position and proper stroke execution are crucial. In return you get a tremendous amount of backspin on the ball – it’s almost like you can hear the ball hissing with spin as it travels to your opponent’s side.

I don’t chop with my forehand, but counter-loop or drive instead. Because of the blade’s speed, I lacked control. My drives landed all over the place and were more often than not far long/wide (again, keep in mind what I mentioned earlier regarding the transition to the polyball!!).  Despite all efforts, I could never develop a good feel for the ball. I then decided to categorically counter-loop each and every ball on my forehand from mid and far distance. Et voila…my error margin dropped by a lot. Because of the high trajectory and the fact that I just kept swinging ‘come hell or high water’, my opponents had trouble to respond. So in other words, by consequently attacking with my forehand I made fewer mistakes compared to trying to play a ‘safe’ ball.

In sum: I was able to make shots with the Actium that I couldn’t do with any other blade – but ultimately, it was too fast for me and I lacked control. I would have continued playing this blade if I was willing to invest more time in the adjustment. But that would have required me to practice more often, etc. and I was not willing/able to do that.

The Actium is a high-quality, unique combination blade with tremendous potential for all versed offensive choppers. It might be a bit too challenging for beginners, because of its speed.  However, it is also a great choice for close to the table attackers, block ‘n’ smashers who like their forehand fast and the backhand a little bit slower. If you get a chance, try it out. I guarantee that you never played a blade like the Actium before, it is truly unique and might be just the perfect choice for you!

tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 1:25pm
Actium is my current blade of choice . . . great blade. I think Actium flies under the radar, so to speak . . . not as popular as other blades, but that should change!

Edited by tommyzai - 06/29/2015 at 1:26pm
For More Info, PM or Email me: [email protected]
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 2:55am
the Peterpan is the best thing to happen to my game since i switched from cpen to shakehand, the dwell time is AWESOME!
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 7:09am
Tommy! What about Chedech? Did I miss your review! Smile
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 11:09am
Originally posted by berkeleydoctor berkeleydoctor wrote:

the Peterpan is the best thing to happen to my game since i switched from cpen to shakehand, the dwell time is AWESOME!

Can you compare it with a viscaria please?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

yeah, so overall the peterpan gives you significantly more control on almost all strokes. 

Playing Style: My playing style is very aggressive. I loop on both sides and open with the looping game basically anytime the ball comes off the edge on forehand or backhand. Occasionally flick, but I'd rather push and then block and transition into a counter looping rally. My backhand is more consistent then my forehand, but my forehand is more powerful. I only really play in 2 zones: close to the table and short/mid distance (4-8 feet). Pushing is probably my weakest area, but I rarely get into more than 1-2 pushes per point.

Speed: Peterpan is slightly slower on passive strokes and slow hand speed strokes, but on big loops the speed is about the same

Spin: The peterpan lets the ball stay longer on the racket allowing you to be able to make those small adjustments during the stroke. With the viscaria, I felt like if i added too much wrist the ball would be gone before i could adjust it. So this lets you spin the ball more with the peterpan, but without those small adjustments, they are pretty equal, both have very good spin.

Control: Here is where the Peterpan really shines. The combination of the dwell time and the feedback from the Peterpan really gives you so much control. I noticed it especially in counterlooping from short to mid-distance (4-8 feet away from the table). With the viscaria when i tried to BH counterloop someone's opening, it would typically go long. The exact same stroke hits the table with the peterpan, which astonishes me. I never really gave too much thought to blades (focused more on rubbers) because i thought the differences were negligible, but dang the increased control makes a big difference in a match.

Looping: Both are easy to loop with, but again the feedback and dwell time make it just that much easier with the peterpan.

Smashing: i feel like this is where I struggled with the peterpan. It could be because I'm adjust from using a carbon blade to a wood blade, but I felt like several of these went into the net. Will play more and report on this again.

Handle: I loved the peterpan FL handle. It is nice and large, making it really comfortable for my big hands. The viscaria FL was very skinny and uncomfortable. 

Overall: I'm sticking with the Peterpan, getting several more shots in with small sacrifices in speed are well worth it to me. I think if you went with a harder carbon like ZLF the difference in speed would be more significant, but viscaria is a softer carbon and the speed is only a touch more than this fast all wood blade. The difference is just not worth the loss of feedback. 

Edited by berkeleydoctor - 07/02/2015 at 12:43pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 12:42pm

yeah, so overall the peterpan gives you significantly more control on almost all strokes. 

Playing Style: My playing style is very aggressive. I loop on both sides and open with the looping game basically anytime the ball comes off the edge on forehand or backhand. Occasionally flick, but I'd rather push and then block and transition into a counter looping rally. My backhand is more consistent then my forehand, but my forehand is more powerful. I only really play in 2 zones: close to the table and short/mid distance (4-8 feet). Pushing is probably my weakest area, but I rarely get into more than 1-2 pushes per point.

Speed: Peterpan is slightly slower on passive strokes and slow hand speed strokes, but on big loops the speed is about the same

Spin: The peterpan lets the ball stay longer on the racket allowing you to be able to make those small adjustments during the stroke. With the viscaria, I felt like if i added too much wrist the ball would be gone before i could adjust it. So this lets you spin the ball more with the peterpan, but without those small adjustments, they are pretty equal, both have very good spin.

Control: Here is where the Peterpan really shines. The combination of the dwell time and the feedback from the Peterpan really gives you so much control. I noticed it especially in counterlooping from short to mid-distance (4-8 feet away from the table). With the viscaria when i tried to BH counterloop someone's opening, it would typically go long. The exact same stroke hits the table with the peterpan, which astonishes me. I never really gave too much thought to blades (focused more on rubbers) because i thought the differences were negligible, but dang the increased control makes a big difference in a match.

Looping: Both are easy to loop with, but again the feedback and dwell time make it just that much easier with the peterpan.

Smashing: i feel like this is where I struggled with the peterpan. It could be because I'm adjust from using a carbon blade to a wood blade, but I felt like several of these went into the net. Will play more and report on this again.

Handle: I loved the peterpan FL handle. It is nice and large, making it really comfortable for my big hands. The viscaria FL was very skinny and uncomfortable. 

Overall: I'm sticking with the Peterpan, getting several more shots in with small sacrifices in speed are well worth it to me. I think if you went with a harder carbon like ZLF the difference in speed would be more significant, but viscaria is a softer carbon and the speed is only a touch more than this fast all wood blade. The difference is just not worth the loss of feedback. 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 12:43pm
sorry double post, not sure how to delete it
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 5:13pm
These are simply the benefits of an all wood blade in the OFF- range, especially with limba outers.  I could write the same thing about my Samsonov Force Pros or my Yasaka Extras.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 5:57pm
Thanks for the detailed review " berkeleydoctor "

I read on a lot of descriptions of the Nexy blades, especially on their website it states that these blades are meant for defenders or people using pips? Does that mean these blades are not good for offensive play???

Edited by unstopabl3 - 07/02/2015 at 5:58pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

These are simply the benefits of an all wood blade in the OFF- range, especially with limba outers.  I could write the same thing about my Samsonov Force Pros or my Yasaka Extras.

most likely the case, but i was just writing my observations
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 6:46pm

Thanks for the detailed review " berkeleydoctor "

I read on a lot of descriptions of the Nexy blades, especially on their website it states that these blades are meant for defenders or people using pips? Does that mean these blades are not good for offensive play???

i think some are made for defense, but the peterpan is definitely good for offensive
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2015 at 9:33pm

To all nexy friends, Thank you for staying in this place.

I am really glad to know that my diary thread has not been dormant, while I have not been here.
I worte a really long letter for all people, BH-MAN, Tommyzai, Tony72, Berkeleydoctor, but with a one mistake movement of my finger, I lost them all.
So, instead of my long greetings and sharing of my ideas, I just leave a short message to you all.
Thank you, and please enjoy NEXY. New and more adventurous products are wiaiting for you.
Brand Manager of NEXY
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2015 at 11:21am
The Nexy blades designed specifically for defense are the Labinithos/Tuvalu/Actium/Oversized Lissom. 

Some other blades are designed as offensive blades, but are very useful to certain defensive style players, like those who us OX LP on their BH. They tend to like very fast stiff OFF and faster blades. Kanaph and Akrasia are two that come to mind for this.
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2015 at 11:41am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

The Nexy blades designed specifically for defense are the Labinithos/Tuvalu/Actium/Oversized Lissom. 

Some other blades are designed as offensive blades, but are very useful to certain defensive style players, like those who us OX LP on their BH. They tend to like very fast stiff OFF and faster blades. Kanaph and Akrasia are two that come to mind for this.

Interestingly, I'm an offensive player who's used, and enjoyed a lot playing with, two of the Nexy designed blades "specifically" for defense: Actium and Oversized Lissom (my current blade)  :o)

99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
Tony72 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2015 at 12:24pm

Nexy Lissom Oversize – A CONTROL Monster ‘par excellence’ 

I’ve been playing the Nexy Lissom Oversize for about 4 weeks now. Before that, I’ve been using the BTY Joo Sea Hyuk for 2.5 years.

Long story short: To me, “Nexy Lissom Oversize” stands synonymously for “Unsurpassed Control” – without lacking speed and bite! I have absolutely no idea whatever secret sauce the Nexy Designers brew in their labs but who cares, the fact is: It works fabulously!

When I played the Lissom Oversize for the first time, I used my standard T80 in max on the forehand, combined with a Curl P1R on the backhand in 1.3mm. I immediately noticed (especially on my backhand) the tremendous increase in control. Specifically, I was able to play quality service returns with good placement. My service return game is one of my most obvious weaknesses, therefore, to me ‘quality’ means solid ball placement, so my opponents don’t kill me with the third ball.

In addition to that, chopping with the Lissom Oversize is like playing a blade with built-in remote control – it’s almost impossible to make unforced errors.  This is especially true for my backhand (since I don’t chop with my forehand). The control is absolutely incredible. However, the chops don’t lack speed or spin – quite the opposite, because of the increased control, I can execute my strokes faster (which creates more spin) or slower (for less spin or dead balls).

And while I don’t chop with my forehand, the same concept applies to strokes such as counters, drives and counter-loops, close and far off the table.

Two weeks ago, I changed the Curl for a Hellfire in 0.9mm. The pips and blade harmonize perfectly. Some of my opponents told me that they felt like playing against a chopper who’s using short pips. The Hellfire has even further enhanced the level of control in my game and added (according to my opponents) the additional aspect of having more variety in my chopping game.

In sum: The Nexy Lissom Oversize is like a chopper’s dream come true if you prefer to play with a blade that is considerably fast with an amazing amount of control. While I hesitate to make a direct comparison to the Joo Sea Hyuk blade (because they just ‘feel’ different), I think – for argument’s sake – the following statement is appropriate: The Nexy Lissom Oversize is similar to the Joo Sea Hyuk in terms of general characteristics (Off- defensive blade), but with a tremendously enhanced level of control. Therefore, the Nexy Lissom Oversize is not only an interesting alternative for choppers, but also offensively oriented players who like oversize blades.

As with any equipment, my perception of the Nexy Lissom Oversize might differ from what you may experience when playing this blade. But I feel very confident in stating: I highly doubt that there’s any other model on the market that combines all desirable aspects of a fast oversized blade in this unique way. I instantaneously secured two of the three available (here in the US) Nexy Lissom Oversize blades. And I would buy an additional two if Nexy decides to make more available, which I do hope they will at some point.

P.S. Funny side anecdote: One of my regular training partners just texted me to see if I would be available to play today – I told him that I can’t because I’m about to leave town for a little while. He then texted this back: “Ok, enjoy your getaway and when you come back : STOP CHOPPING”. Background: the other day I played with him for 3 hours straight and he had a very hard time with my chopping game with the Nexy Lissom Oversized paired with the Hellfire in 0.9.  

P.P.S When I come back, I will put a little video together for you guys and post it here in the forum.

42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2015 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

BH-Man, Does Nexy make a blade that feels like the Stiga Clipper? At the moment I use the Stiga Oversize Clipper and i do find this blade very close to my perfect choice and the only exception is the blade is 96 grams. I find the blade a little head heavy and hoping to find something a tad lighter around the 90 grams area and still retain the aspects of the oversize clipper. Thanks for your time and attention. Smile
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2015 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Tony72 Tony72 wrote:

P.P.S When I come back, I will put a little video together for you guys and post it here in the forum.

Perhaps we can make the video together - you playing modern chopper's game with your Lissom Oversize and I playing allround offensive style with my Lissom Oversize :o) .... so people can see the blade's true range/capabilities.

[Disclosure: @Tony72 and I are Team Nexy Members, play at the same club, and have been regular practice partners for several years]
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2015 at 11:37am
Nexy doesn't make a Clipper clone.

The important properties of feel of ball, ease in creating topspin, good top gear, crisp block with firm pressure and ability to block soft, I think these are best represented in a different and good way in the blade I use, Nexy designed Kim Jung Hoon, then Peter Pan, then Lissom (but at slower speed). Kanaph might be a Clipper on steroids on top end and similar speed on low end.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2015 at 11:47am
The Calix series also has a different twist on what properties Clipper users like (but these are thin composite blades) with Calix II right in the center of the range.
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2015 at 12:24am
The new generation of Nexy blades are much different than the Clipper; however, from my experience with both . . . Nexy does make some solid, fast blades that can get Clipper-ish results.
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 11:53pm

Launching "Olam"

(1) 1st and 2nd Generation of NEXY blade

NEXY’S 4TH GENERATION

Before launching another 4th generation blade “OLAM,” I have prepared a brief report describing the special features of this new generation along with a summary of the previous generations, which illustrates the process that led us to this new line of blades.

1. FIRST GENERATION BLADES

The 1st generation of Nexy was initiated by the idea that we could fill a market need that other global brands could not. So, the basic line-up for the 1st generation blades shared some similar qualities to popular blades available on the market — proven good and accepted in many countries. But, I tried to include features and characteristics that went beyond what was available.

DEXTER: Hinoki surface, 5-ply blade, but with extreme speed. Normally, 5-ply blades are believed to be balanced in most factors, but I tried to make a very fast wooden blade that featured a Kiso Hikoki top ply, which was not previously believed to match well with other wooden layers because it is very soft and peculiar. This wood has clear lines that give players a unique feeling and performance. Therefore, it’s not surprising that Hinoki is most commonly used for one-ply blades. But Nexy successfully created an excellent harmony between a Hinoki top ply and other wooden sub-ply layers, e.g., DEXTER!

HANNIBAL: Hinoki surface carbon blade, with wooden feel. Carbon fiber was not generally regarded as a blade material with good control and feeling, but with Hannibal, I made a composite blade with an extremely natural wooden feel.
OSCAR: Computerized control with powerful attacking ability in a natural feeling composite structure. Arylate carbon blades are supposed to be good in most functions, but lack a wooden feeling in a player’s hand. Yet, OSCAR had a very good natural wood feeling, while maintaining power and a consistent blocking ability.

2. SECOND GENERATION BLADES

When I created the 2nd generation, I introduced a new concept in blade design, which I called “dual speed system,” also known as “dual impact.” I consider dual speed system as more of a direct image of what the blade truly is. I tried to make use of this concept in various blades. I also introduced a “thermo process” that helped create fast blades that were much lighter. Many of these blades were big hits and continue to be a popular choice for many players.

LISSOM: Unique features and made with white ash. The first blade that proved Nexy is quite different from other brands. And with this blade, Nexy could differentiate between the 1st and 2nd generation. Still lots of players love this blade as it represents a good, solid Nexy blade.

SPHERE: Thick, solid blade. This blade adopted a popular ply composition that is very powerful for most forms of attacking. The thin limba surface absorbs the ball deeply.

CALIX: Thin, 4.9mm attacking blade. Calix opened my eyes to the possibilities of the “thermo process,” and also gave me many good ideas on which I could build upon for CALIX II and QABOD, as well as establishing the basic concept of the 3rd generation.

CALIX II: Upgraded version of CALIX. This was aimed at achieving an overall satisfaction, which helped me to find the target area for blades' speed, control and size for the next generation. CALIX II is flawless, and we confidently recommend it for most attackers.

QABOD: Thin, stable, fast, and powerful. Nexy could consummate its 2nd generation with this blade. In addition to speed and power, this it has a very soft and comfortable feeling. Many players were touched by its unique design.

Edited by Nexy - 10/01/2015 at 12:17am
Brand Manager of NEXY
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2015 at 12:40am

Launching "Olam"

(2)3rd Generation of NEXY blade

3. THIRD GENERATION BLADES.

For the 3rd generation, I kept the dual speed system, but adjusted it into a specific range. I did not try to make a series of blades with extreme characteristics.

Instead, I designed unique blades that shared similar features: good control, modest dual speed function, and a good attacking power. With the 3rd generation, I divided function and feeling, and for the surface I used natural wood, but other plies were usually burnt by a thermo process.

Thus, I made them fast, but light and with good feeling on the surface. Also, for the 3rd generation, I made a new category for blade design that I called, “depth factor.” I tried to keep the feeling of impact a little deeper than standard blades, which promotes a “bang impact” (a topspin shot, which enables players to feel the ball impacting deep into the wood, through the rubbers), as well as good control for blocking. However, this depth factor was focusing on one point where a player could feel the impact, and that set the stage for the 4th generation blades.

PETER PAN: Boldly illustrates all the qualities of its generation — optimum speed, optimum control, optimum dual impact, and all around optimum balance. This is Nexy’s prototypical 5-ply blade among the 3rd generation.

ARIRANG: Powerful Hinoki surface with a Korean touch design. It also boasts a perfect balance of speed, control, and dual impact. In addition, it features a bang impact, whereby the contact point of the ball feels deep.

KIM JUNG HOON: Nexy blade made under Tibhar brand label when Kim Jung Hoon signed-on with Tibhar. This is 7-ply blade has a good feeling and extreme attacking power. It has a powerful bang impact that enables additional topspin power.

ACTIUM: A combination defensive blade, with distinct characteristics, feeling, and power on both sides. The backhand side focuses on dual impact (2nd generation), while the forehand side focuses on a balanced attacking power (3rd generation).

Edited by Nexy - 10/01/2015 at 12:40am
Brand Manager of NEXY
tommyzai View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Senior Animator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommyzai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2015 at 1:08am
What an amazing journey for Nexy and Nexy users!!
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/01/2015 at 9:38am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvYnULWq_EI
A video of selected point from tournament($500) I won 2 weeks ago using Lissom oversize(after 3 hours of practice with this blade).

Excellent control. Easy to play with. I still have some adjustment to do - balls sailed a bit too high for higher level but I think I'll get better with some practice. Plenty of power that Defplay Sensor can't provide.

Edited by bogeyhunter - 10/10/2015 at 7:33am
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 30>
  Share Topic