Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

High throw Chinese rubber?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
4ugustu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4ugustu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: High throw Chinese rubber?
    Posted: 08/17/2017 at 11:55am
bump
Sponsored Links

4ugustu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4ugustu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2017 at 10:30pm
Great article.

Edited by 4ugustu - 08/17/2017 at 11:56am
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2017 at 6:05pm
I stumbled upon this detailed article about throw angle.

Im sure some smarty pants here will find something to argue about.

https://thoughtsontabletennis.wordpress.com/2015/09/07/throw-angle/

FdT
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2017 at 12:08pm
gambler outlaw classic is what your looking for!
4ugustu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4ugustu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2017 at 11:51am
im looking for chinese rubber with high throw too for my backhand.

any update?
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2011 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by Imago Imago wrote:

And what is the correlation between High throw and Long trajectory?

It is proportional, but negative. 
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
TheRobot99 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheRobot99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2011 at 11:16am
Thor's is from a Chinese company, but made in Germany.

As for the tacky low throw rubbers, you're supposed to brush loop them to attack the lower balls easily. As a matter of fact, that's the only way I get decent speed from them lol.
Ross Leidy Custom, DHS Hurricane III Neos, Nittaku Nodias

Xiom Fuga, Globe 999 National 39, Nittaku Nodias

JOOLA Torre All+, DHS Hurricane II #19 Sponge, Galaxy Moon 38

PTTC VP - 2011-12
bluebucket View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2011 at 2:31am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

palio thor's?

Thors can be highish throw but it's not Chinese, it's also probably much too fast for someone that can't play well with a mid throw rubber. As my sheets age I struggle with the speed a bit, straight out of the packet it's not excessively fast
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/30/2011 at 1:39am
I just tried T05 (six months old) and Sanwei T88-I on the same blade (Stiga Allround Wood NCT). It turns out T88-I has slightly higher throw, is faster, and spinnier. (T05 has more gears though.) So I apologize for all the fuss: it seems I already had a nearly perfect clone, and my memory was playing tricks. 

My next step is to try MercuryII 37 on the same blade with T05.
pg5x - mxd fh & bh - 2015 video
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2011 at 10:15am
palio thor's?
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2011 at 4:21am
Originally posted by tpgh2k tpgh2k wrote:

hmm....what you're asking for is pretty much a european rubber...i mean look at what everyone else in your club is playing with...

Actually I am asking for the throw of a european rubber and the spin of a tacky rubber. I don't want to give up the heavy and deceiving spin of Chinese rubbers.

In other words, I am asking for a faster MercuryII. :) Maybe I'll just try the 38 or 39 degree version. If the throw does not decrease, it will be perfect.

so of course the playing characteristics are not going to be the same. now about what your club mates said, it could be that your swing/technique just isn't suited for chinese rubbers.

I am not sure about that, but can tell you that I have a fairly wide forehand swing and I like to brush the ball from above. To the contrary, in your youtube videos, I am not sure if you are the penholder or the shakehand player, but both of you seem to drive the ball much more than loop it. Instead I like to always loop drive, going over the ball.

i don't know your playing level (you very well could be much better than me), but i'm thinking that you're just not spinning the ball enough regardless.

I play more or less like you two in the videos. (shakehand)

Thanks for the help.

Edited by seguso - 05/29/2011 at 4:30am
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2011 at 1:57am
Originally posted by seguso seguso wrote:

Here is what happens at my club: I was playing with Galaxy Moon on Stiga Offensive Wood NCT. All other players told me "it sucks, it has no arc and no spin, the trajectory is flat, the ball goes down". Here are the setups of these players:

• Stiga Rosewood + Donic Acuda S1: much higher throw than my setup.

• Stiga Ebenholz VII + Vega Pro: much higher throw than mine.

• Tibhar IV-T + Donic Acuda S2: much higher throw than mine.

I tried their blades, and there is no doubt that my setup has much lower throw and much less arc than theirs. I am looking for something with more arc.

---

Previously I was using MercuryII on forehand, which works very well for me; then I decided to try Moon and 729 higher on forehand. The result was: I had trouble lifting low passive blocks which fell just past the table. My loops against block went to net, unless I decided (A) to drive instead of looping, or (B) to open the blade face and move the arm more upwards than foreword, similar to how you lift backspin. But (B) is slower and less comfortable.

hmm....what you're asking for is pretty much a european rubber...i mean look at what everyone else in your club is playing with...so of course the playing characteristics are not going to be the same. now about what your club mates said, it could be that your swing/technique just isn't suited for chinese rubbers. i don't know your playing level (you very well could be much better than me), but i'm thinking that you're just not spinning the ball enough regardless.

i can't tell without a video to look at and analyze. the rubbers you are using are different than mine (H3) so i can't tell you much about the one's your currently use. if you are having trouble spinning and making your shots with H3, then i could help you out a bit more. i know for sure that H3 has plenty of speed and spin (low trajectory) as long as you know how to use it. you can also arc the ball pretty well too....just look at some of my old vids and you'll see.

good luck with your search though!
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2011 at 1:57am
If you can find a sheet of God Favored SP that has a higher throw than the Transcend version.
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/29/2011 at 1:55am

Originally posted by JKC JKC wrote:

Do you understand what a High Throw rubber is Seguso?

I think so... Geek What did I say that makes you think I don't?
The reason I ask is that I have used many chinese rubbers and think I know what I am talking about, but you are taking rubbers suggested by me and others (who know what they are talking about) and dismissing them as low or medium throw as though you know more than them. You also said that the throw on the Hurricanes and even G666 was the same and this just isn't true.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2011 at 4:53pm
Trying the Offensive Classic with faster rubbers, does strike me as a sensible option.

The W-6 also has a throw you would be happy with; but it won't be as light as your Offensive Classic. Another option worth considering is the Yasaka Extra, as it is possible to get that blade, in lower weights.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2011 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Peter C Peter C wrote:

The Galaxy W-6 is like the Yasaka Extra; which means it's a slower, more flexible blade, than the Clipper Wood. My one weighs 89 grams and it works well with Chinese rubbers and tensors too.

As you find the Offensive Classic too slow for you, you'll probably find the W-6 isn't fast enough for you either.

Don't get me wrong; it is a very good blade, for those who have the technique to generate their own power; however, it's not a blade I would consider recommending to someone like you.

Now you make me think of it, Offensive Classic was only slow for me because I was using untuned Globe 999, one of the slowest rubbers out there. So I had trouble finishing the point, even with a big swing. But with faster rubbers I could use it. The main problems would be that I am less precise with flexible blades (due to the variable throw), and that it's heavier than I like. But I like the high throw, so I could give it another try.
Peter C View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2011 at 1:24pm
The Galaxy W-6 is like the Yasaka Extra; which means it's a slower, more flexible blade, than the Clipper Wood. My one weighs 89 grams and it works well with Chinese rubbers and tensors too.

As you find the Offensive Classic too slow for you, you'll probably find the W-6 isn't fast enough for you either.

Don't get me wrong; it is a very good blade, for those who have the technique to generate their own power; however, it's not a blade I would consider recommending to someone like you.

seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2011 at 7:19am
Originally posted by sweetstrike sweetstrike wrote:

I have mercury 2 37 degree. The throw on CJ8000 42-44 degree biotech is just a little less than mercury. The 36-38 and 39-41 variants should throw more. Someone on the other forum claims 36-38 throws more than T05 but I havent confirmed it. ...

and it is only 8.50$ at ttnpp. I will try the 36-38 deg version. Thanks
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2011 at 7:15am
Originally posted by RyKnocks RyKnocks wrote:

Originally posted by assiduous assiduous wrote:

... What blade do you use them on? I think you have a stiff blade that punches the ball out before the rubber can bite it.

Yes, my blade (Stiga Offensive Wood NCT) is all wood but it is fairly low throw. Much lower than Stiga Offensive Classic, Stiga Allround Classic, Stiga Allround Wood NCT. However, the above ones are too slow for me.

I also have Clipper wood and the throw is the same as Stiga Offensive Wood NCT. Is Galaxy W6 supposed to be a clipper clone? Given that, you say with Galaxy W6 the throw will be higher? THanks

I just ordered the Galaxy W6 from colestt.com.  From what I read, it's a loopers dream blade and plays and has the quality of blades that are much more expensive.  I should be getting the blade in today or monday.

I currently use a Stiga Tube Aluminum WRB, which in my opinion, hits pretty flat in terms of throw, but has all the speed and power you need.  Once I get my W6 (with Dawei IQUL rubber), I'll let you know how it goes.  The Galaxy M6 is supposed to be good too, and K4 is supposed to pay like the TBS.  Since you have all this money to spend on testing rubbers, might as well invest in a cheap, but supposedly awesome, looping blade to see if it helps.

interesting. I am looking forward to your impressions once you try it. If it's a clipper clone, I am concerned about the weight (my clipper wood is 87 gr). Once I tried the 75 gr Stiga Offensive NCT I am reluctant to use something heavier. My overall bat currently weighs only 178 grams and it's a dream.

I am interested in Galaxy T2 and T11 which are supposed to be light.
sweetstrike View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sweetstrike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2011 at 5:55am

Originally posted by sweetstrike sweetstrike wrote:

Have you tried CJ8000 on 36-38 or 39-41 biotech sponge? Throw is pretty high for being not that tacky. Not as high as T05 but it's pretty close.
Interesting. Have you tried any of the following rubbers? Galaxy Moon, Galaxy Sun, Galaxy MercuryII. Can you compare CJ8000 with either of them? Thank
I have mercury 2 37 degree. The throw on CJ8000 42-44 degree biotech is just a little less than mercury. The 36-38 and 39-41 variants should throw more. Someone on the other forum claims 36-38 throws more than T05 but I havent confirmed it.

What I like about cj8000 is that it is a mechanical spin rubber and doesnt rely on its tackiness. The sponge does not catapult like a tensor so its more predictable for me. For the same reason it is a slower rubber. I have speed glued it though and it turns into a high throw monster (more than T05).
RyKnocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2011 at 5:52am

... What blade do you use them on? I think you have a stiff blade that punches the ball out before the rubber can bite it.

Yes, my blade (Stiga Offensive Wood NCT) is all wood but it is fairly low throw. Much lower than Stiga Offensive Classic, Stiga Allround Classic, Stiga Allround Wood NCT. However, the above ones are too slow for me.

I also have Clipper wood and the throw is the same as Stiga Offensive Wood NCT. Is Galaxy W6 supposed to be a clipper clone? Given that, you say with Galaxy W6 the throw will be higher? THanks

I just ordered the Galaxy W6 from colestt.com.  From what I read, it's a loopers dream blade and plays and has the quality of blades that are much more expensive.  I should be getting the blade in today or monday.

I currently use a Stiga Tube Aluminum WRB, which in my opinion, hits pretty flat in terms of throw, but has all the speed and power you need.  Once I get my W6 (with Dawei IQUL rubber), I'll let you know how it goes.  The Galaxy M6 is supposed to be good too, and K4 is supposed to pay like the TBS.  Since you have all this money to spend on testing rubbers, might as well invest in a cheap, but supposedly awesome, looping blade to see if it helps.
Imago View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Imago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2011 at 5:32am
Of course, Moon cannot compare to Acuda S1q but if you attach Moon 40 to a good composite blade, e.g., Shark 686, you will get enough high throw. Probably more than enough.
jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2011 at 5:15am
I have tried a lot of china rubbers and the one with the highest throw is DHS TG2, old model and RED (the black model has a softer sponge, really is like TG3). When it is new, you need some "helpfull" to wake the rubber up with some boost or similar.

seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2011 at 4:30am

when you're talking about low balls. low and short (still inside the table) or low and long (past the table)?

because even with a low ball that's 4 inches inside the table, you can still swing hard and loop pretty well. it's just a matter of trusting your swing.

are you having trouble making it over the net when this happens?

Here is what happens at my club: I was playing with Galaxy Moon on Stiga Offensive Wood NCT. All other players told me "it sucks, it has no arc and no spin, the trajectory is flat, the ball goes down". Here are the setups of these players:

• Stiga Rosewood + Donic Acuda S1: much higher throw than my setup.

• Stiga Ebenholz VII + Vega Pro: much higher throw than mine.

• Tibhar IV-T + Donic Acuda S2: much higher throw than mine.

I tried their blades, and there is no doubt that my setup has much lower throw and much less arc than theirs. I am looking for something with more arc.

---

Previously I was using MercuryII on forehand, which works very well for me; then I decided to try Moon and 729 higher on forehand. The result was: I had trouble lifting low passive blocks which fell just past the table. My loops against block went to net, unless I decided (A) to drive instead of looping, or (B) to open the blade face and move the arm more upwards than foreword, similar to how you lift backspin. But (B) is slower and less comfortable.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2011 at 4:18am
Originally posted by RyKnocks RyKnocks wrote:

Again, I haven't used any of the rubber you've listed here, but if you can't find something suitable after all that rubber then either you need a new blade to add that extra "oomph" or you gotta polish up that technique.

Do you have a favorite player that you try to model your play style afterwards?  If so, maybe ask yourself "If he can play like that with his setup, why can't I?"

Good point. That's why I am periodically trying to get used to low throw rubbers. IT's just that they require me to drive sometimes, instead of loop, and so far I don't see the advantage.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2011 at 4:16am

seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2011 at 4:12am
Originally posted by danhs danhs wrote:

SP Transcend is still available at Zeropong. if it's not high enough throw for you, nothing will be. It's higher than tenergy IMHO. When i used it (for several years), I played as you describe. On low balls just close the blade and rip... here it is: http://zeropong.com/product.php?productid=17668&cat=251&page=1

Thank you danhs. I could give it a try.
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2011 at 4:10am
Originally posted by JKC JKC wrote:

Do you understand what a High Throw rubber is Seguso?

I think so... Geek What did I say that makes you think I don't?
seguso View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seguso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2011 at 4:07am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

acuda s1 has a medium throw, vega pro is also medium

then could you please suggest a rubber with higher throw? (except T05) That would be awesome. Thanks
tpgh2k View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tpgh2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2011 at 3:08am

I don't see how this is possible. H3 forces you to open the blade more, and move the arm more upwards, so you have to decrease the arm speed compared to T05, i.e. be less aggressive in some situations.

when you're talking about low balls. low and short (still inside the table) or low and long (past the table)?

because even with a low ball that's 4 inches inside the table, you can still swing hard and loop pretty well. it's just a matter of trusting your swing.

are you having trouble making it over the net when this happens?
www.youtube.com/gsutabletennis
Timo Boll Spirit FL
H3 Blue Sponge Black FH
Tenergy 64 Red BH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic