tabletennis11.com

Topic ClosedRating estimation experts.. Rate those players

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 2:44pm
2.10.01.13.02      his or her opponent touches the table with either hand before striking the ball; 

- - - -

that's why i was wondering, if on a net dribbler (many of us have had those) - where you basically have to dive for the ball, if your racket hand touches the table - but you are successful in digging the ball and putting it back over the net (usually a desperate lunge)

then, you lose the point?

:)
Sponsored Links

jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by in2spin in2spin wrote:

2.10.01.13.02      his or her opponent touches the table with either hand before striking the ball; 

- - - -

that's why i was wondering, if on a net dribbler (many of us have had those) - where you basically have to dive for the ball, if your racket hand touches the table - but you are successful in digging the ball and putting it back over the net (usually a desperate lunge)

then, you lose the point?

Not sure but that rule may only apply to wheel chair contests.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 3:05pm
on that play:  the net dribbler, where you dive forward

i've thrown my racket (in a frisbee motion) and got the ball back to the other side, before

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 3:08pm
Throwing rackets take the racket out of a playing hand and loses the point.

Edited by NextLevel - 04/21/2014 at 3:09pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 3:11pm
i know

but, it was pretty cool

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 3:20pm

i know
but, it was pretty cool
Nah... Look bad.  Damage table/blade too. LOL
ByeByeAbout View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

Rick,
It is all make sense to me now. That was why all your Claimed High Level Skill turned to be disappoint Low Level. You undermined Larry to beat u as luring him in cash game. Impressive strategy.

Umm.... Wait a minute? Larry was pushing u to do Cash game since the beginning but u dodged and dodged. You even were shameful begging for big handicap points. Superior Athlete. Clap

And umm.... Wait another minute... Larry beat u with 11-0. Your total 4 games scores were  like 10 points. Dead
Very good job for camouflage your real skill. Next time let him beat u with closer points. It will be more collaborate with your story. Not totally BS like this.

hodges was sent packing with his tail between his legs.    he had two chances on two separate nights to put up the cash that he said he would then balked.     you're not thinking it through...if he legitimately beat me the first night...you know...creamed me...then why would i go back the next night for more punishment?    the only plausible reason, which is lost on a simpleton, is that i was trying to sucker him him.     again....strangest thing ever that after a guy thinks he's just destroyed you...twice...he *still* won't play for money.    guess my acting skills are not as good as i thought they would be....   also...fwiw...he looked to be about a solid 1700 player.....canadian.

to this day i still chuckle about him backing out.LOL

regards
rick

Edited by ByeByeAbout - 04/21/2014 at 9:54pm
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by ByeByeAbout ByeByeAbout wrote:

hodges was sent packing with his tail between his legs.    he had two chances on two separate nights to put up the cash that he said he would then balked.     you're not thinking it through...if he legitimately beat me the first night...you know...creamed me...then why would i go back the next night for more punishment?    the only plausible reason, which is lost on a simpleton, is that i was trying to sucker him him.     again....strangest thing ever that after a guy thinks he's just destroyed you...twice...he *still* won't play for money.    guess my acting skills are not as good as i thought they would be....   also...fwiw...he looked to be about a solid 1700 player.....canadian.

regards
rick

You haven't responded to my challenge yet.. Are you going to play me for $300, one match best of 5 if I come there this summer or fall?
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 10:14pm

Rick,
It is all make sense to me now. That was why all your Claimed High Level Skill turned to be disappoint Low Level. You undermined Larry to beat u as luring him in cash game. Impressive strategy.

Umm.... Wait a minute? Larry was pushing u to do Cash game since the beginning but u dodged and dodged. You even were shameful begging for big handicap points. Superior Athlete. Clap

And umm.... Wait another minute... Larry beat u with 11-0. Your total 4 games scores were  like 10 points. Dead
Very good job for camouflage your real skill. Next time let him beat u with closer points. It will be more collaborate with your story. Not totally BS like this.

you know...creamed me...then why would i go back the next night for more punishment?    

regards
rick

you know...if you got banned from forums multiple times...then why would you find some way to sneak back in just to post more?

I'd say your acting skills are probably 2200/800...USATT/TTCAN
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 10:25pm

Rick,

hodges was sent packing with his tail between his legs.    he had two chances on two separate nights to put up the cash that he said he would then balked.     you're not thinking it through...if he legitimately beat me the first night...you know...creamed me...then why would i go back the next night for more punishment?    the only plausible reason, which is lost on a simpleton, is that i was trying to sucker him him.     again....strangest thing ever that after a guy thinks he's just destroyed you...twice...he *still* won't play for money.    guess my acting skills are not as good as i thought they would be....   also...fwiw...he looked to be about a solid 1700 player.....canadian.

regards
rick

I usually stay out of the Rick arguments but being that this one is extra entertaining I gotta say man- If you legitimately lost on purpose to sucker Larry then that's the WORST hustle ever. Who on earth is stupid enough to agree to a money game with someone they just beat that bad in a non-money game? If someone gets beat that bad and they are then willing to bet money right away, that's the most stupid and obvious hustle in the book. I'd expect better from anybody. It's insulting to someone's intelligence to think that anyone would go for something like that. 

The only simpleton here is you for thinking that a hustle like that would work and for thinking that you're good at this trolling game. But you don't sound that stupid, you speak very well and I can tell you at least have knowledge of the game. But again you're just a troll, and not a very good one. Being a good troll is an art form, something of subtlety that is often lost on your audience because you create the suspicion but introduce the doubt of whether or not you really are a troll. On purpose of course. Some people are really that crazy. Meaning that at the end of the day, it's likely just an awfully obvious attempt at a BS excuse for getting beat by Larry Hodges- really bad

So you're either a horrible hustler, or an even more horrible troll. 

Either way you're the dummy here. 

Regards, 
B-Ray. 

Edited by beeray1 - 04/21/2014 at 10:28pm
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 10:53pm
Ha Ha, Still not giving up on BS. Save it to your kids bed time, Mate.
But But... Daddy, they all know the truth, Daddy. Larry was a real man. He came to our hometown to back his words.  And they said you dodged left and right but unfortunate u couldn't  from your internet fame and ego. Larry handed you your ass, shut your mouth with 11-0 score.

Sometime Ret.rd gotta get massage twice to get it in their heads.
(Plausible reason)

He flew to play u. And it was him backing out. LOL

.if he legitimately beat me the first night...you know...creamed me...then why would i go back the next night for more punishment?    the only plausible reason, which is lost on a simpleton, is that i was trying to sucker him him.     again....strangest thing ever that after a guy thinks he's just destroyed you...twice...he *still* won't play for money.    guess my acting skills are not as good as i thought they would be....   also...fwiw...he looked to be about a solid 1700 player.....canadian.

regards
rick
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 11:14pm
11-0 is very difficult to achieve

really hard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

hodges was sent packing with his tail between his legs.    he had two chances on two separate nights to put up the cash that he said he would then balked.     you're not thinking it through...if he legitimately beat me the first night...you know...creamed me...then why would i go back the next night for more punishment?    the only plausible reason, which is lost on a simpleton, is that i was trying to sucker him him.     again....strangest thing ever that after a guy thinks he's just destroyed you...twice...he *still* won't play for money.    guess my acting skills are not as good as i thought they would be....   also...fwiw...he looked to be about a solid 1700 player.....canadian.

regards
rick

You haven't responded to my challenge yet.. Are you going to play me for $300, one match best of 5 if I come there this summer or fall?

dear cheater

lol...$300 bucks...is that it?   ROFLMFAO...LOLLOL

you going to cash your welfare check to come up with all that money? 

it's $10,000 or nothing....

i put it to you...

regards
rick

Edited by ByeByeAbout - 04/21/2014 at 11:34pm

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Rick,

regards
rick

I usually stay out of the Rick arguments but being that this one is extra entertaining I gotta say man- If you legitimately lost on purpose to sucker Larry then that's the WORST hustle ever. Who on earth is stupid enough to agree to a money game with someone they just beat that bad in a non-money game? If someone gets beat that bad and they are then willing to bet money right away, that's the most stupid and obvious hustle in the book. I'd expect better from anybody. It's insulting to someone's intelligence to think that anyone would go for something like that. 

The only simpleton here is you for thinking that a hustle like that would work and for thinking that you're good at this trolling game. But you don't sound that stupid, you speak very well and I can tell you at least have knowledge of the game. But again you're just a troll, and not a very good one. Being a good troll is an art form, something of subtlety that is often lost on your audience because you create the suspicion but introduce the doubt of whether or not you really are a troll. On purpose of course. Some people are really that crazy. Meaning that at the end of the day, it's likely just an awfully obvious attempt at a BS excuse for getting beat by Larry Hodges- really bad

So you're either a horrible hustler, or an even more horrible troll. 

Either way you're the dummy here. 

Regards, 
B-Ray. 

sting ray

nice speechClap   i think we're all very impressed with your passion...albeit misguided.  just fyi....not all hustles work....   i really thought i lured him in by throwing 2....but he wasn't buying it...whatever...at least i had a plan.....

now go pick up the ball

regards
rick

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/21/2014 at 11:42pm

11-0 is very difficult to achieve

really hard

not if you play with your off hand....rather ez actually.

regards
rick
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 12:01am

dear cheater

i put it to you...

regards
rick

Welfare check
You obviously don't know too much about my financial situation but if you check my tournament history, you will realize that it's hard to travel all over the country on a regular basis on a welfare check...
We can do $10,000, sure.. More money for me. If you are serious, I'm coming in June right after the Meiklejohn tournament in California.. We both wire $10,000 to a independent 3rd party and we both sign the contract agreeing to 1 table tennis match best of 5 for $10,000, notarized by a certified notary and mail a certified copy to a 3rd party we agree on. I just want to make sure that you won't back out. Once the third party confirms receipt of your $10,000 and mine, I will fly up and we will play. There has to be a "no show" clause that if one of us won't show, the person who shows will win by default!

Are we on? Also, Canadian $10000 or US$?? Not really a big difference..

Edited by Pushblocker - 04/22/2014 at 12:03am
2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 12:05am
If rick wants to make more I'll put up another $10,000 on pushblocker. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 12:08am

dear cheater

i put it to you...

regards
rick

Welfare check
You obviously don't know too much about my financial situation but if you check my tournament history, you will realize that it's hard to travel all over the country on a regular basis on a welfare check...
We can do $10,000, sure.. More money for me. If you are serious, I'm coming in June right after the Meiklejohn tournament in California.. We both wire $10,000 to a independent 3rd party and we both sign the contract agreeing to 1 table tennis match best of 5 for $10,000, notarized by a certified notary and mail a certified copy to a 3rd party we agree on. I just want to make sure that you won't back out. Once the third party confirms receipt of your $10,000 and mine, I will fly up and we will play. There has to be a "no show" clause that if one of us won't show, the person who shows will win by default!

haha...you have money, ? 

make it $100,000 or stay home and eat cheetos...

you going to chicken out like feather boy from maryland?

regards
rick

Edited by ByeByeAbout - 04/22/2014 at 12:13am
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Rick is getting his pants pulled down lol... I warned him.

Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

I would think this is the largest prize money match in North America. Well Done Gentlemen! Can't wait to see the match!
Butterfly MPS
TonyL View Drop Down

dear cheater

i put it to you...

regards
rick

Welfare check

Pushblocker, I've been watching pretty much all of your table tennis match videos, including the one with Schlager, one of my idols, and I can't wait for you to upload the one with you against Rick. 

Looking forward to it!
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 12:11am
make sure it doesn't matter which hand you play with

details details

roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

I would think this is the largest prize money match in North America. Well Done Gentlemen! Can't wait to see the match!

r.a. is the ultimate Fart-man...all gas no action, as usual.

Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

shaibu View Drop Down

dear cheater

i put it to you...

regards
rick

Hey - who are the mods here? Is that so hard to ban a troll?
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 12:14am
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

Originally posted by jrscatman jrscatman wrote:

r.a. is the ultimate Fart-man...all gas no action, as usual.

In this case Rick made an offer and Pushblocker accepted - I'm not a lawyer but I believe it's a done deal! The match has to be played.
Butterfly MPS
bns7117 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 12:19am
why do I still not see Mr. Rick accepting the challenge or is it just me?
shaibu View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 12:20am
And to PB and other guys talking to BBA - don't waste your time - he's just trolling you. He's never going to agree to play that match (and he doesn't have $10K).
TonyL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 12:23am
Originally posted by shaibu shaibu wrote:

And to PB and other guys talking to BBA - don't waste your time - he's just trolling you. He's never going to agree to play that match (and he doesn't have $10K).

Of course not. He doesn't have $10k, let alone, $100k. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 12:23am
Originally posted by bns7117 bns7117 wrote:

why do I still not see Mr. Rick accepting the challenge or is it just me?

it's just you.

it's 100k or nothing.

we're waiting on the man from non glad.

regards
rick

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/22/2014 at 12:25am
Originally posted by TonyL TonyL wrote:

Originally posted by shaibu shaibu wrote:

Of course not. He doesn't have $10k, let alone, $100k. 

cute.....guess you don't know what i do for a living.

just because you're financially strapped... don't visit that misery on the rest of us who managed to figure out how to make some money.

regards
rick
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic