Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Where are you ordering your Butterfly stuff from?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Where are you ordering your Butterfly stuff from?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where are you ordering your Butterfly stuff from?
    Posted: 05/09/2014 at 9:28am
With TT Japan gone and LoveTT missing, where are you ordering your Butterfly blades and rubbers from?
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 9:47am
I'm not. And even if I was, I would think that it would be a bad idea to publically broadcast the names of any webshops who were prepared to break through the Butterfly blockade.

So, if anyone has a nice source, perhaps send via PM to the OP.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
tt4me View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tt4me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 10:47am
When I do I order it from the Paddle Palace.  I have tried to cut back but T05 really isn't such a bad deal if you consider that T05 lasts a long time.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 10:58am
I use Megaspin because of great customer service and very fast delivery.  When I specify a weight, they generally find me one in the range and if it doesn't exist they tell me.  They mail the same day they get the order.  Once when a blade arrived badly damaged, they sent me another one, no questions asked.  Their prices are the same as everyone else in US but I am quite loyal to them now.    Like everyone else these days, some popular blades will be back ordered. 
figgie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote figgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 11:32am
If you know... hush up.

It was in no part thanks to posts here and else where and the US butterfly crying a river that they put those rules in effect.
Assume all companies are on board and if you get lucky... keep it to yourself!!
Speed glue, booster, tuner free since 2006!!!
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 1:24pm
The problem is still that many butterfly blades are out of stock in all US sites. 
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 1:45pm
tabletennisstore.us, awesome customer service. 
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 4:15pm
I do not understand what this means.  Can somebody please explain?  Thanks,  Is there a plot against Butterfly??
figgie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote figgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by bschap bschap wrote:

I do not understand what this means.  Can somebody please explain?  Thanks,  Is there a plot against Butterfly??

Against?

No.

Bty made it known that they were not happy with the globalization and how people in Country X where buying the same item from Country ZZ for less. This was no thanks in part to BTY of country X complaining about people going else where... fast forward to today and there you have it.

no plot except the one created by BTY themselves.

Edited by figgie - 05/09/2014 at 4:42pm
Speed glue, booster, tuner free since 2006!!!
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 4:54pm
Butterfly is promoting local stores to sell low quality and fake butterfly , they did not take the burden of finding why people are buying from tt-japan , instead of working hard and finding the reasons and try to solve it, instead they shut it down. What a shame .
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 5:34pm
sorry guys, I guess I am being dense but I still don't understand.
chituan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chituan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

tabletennisstore.us, awesome customer service. 

Does it ship outside the US ?
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 6:13pm

Butterfly dealers presumably have a sales territory that they can only sell to but it was not strictly enforced.  Apparently, enough Butterfly dealers have complained to Butterfly corporate about TT-Japan poaching their customers that Butterfly corporate has decided to enforce the territory restrictions.  It's still unclear as to why other Butterfly dealers can't compete price-wise with TT-Japan.  Maybe they can but are unwilling due to greed?
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 6:16pm
That is interesting.  Usually "authorized dealers" have specific prices they must sell the goods at.  So TTJapan either was not an authorized dealer or Butterfly was letting them sell at a lower price.   Does anyone know which?
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/09/2014 at 8:05pm
Butterfly enforces a Minimum Recommended Selling Price for their equipment in each country. In India, this is INR 4400 ($72) for T05.
In Japan this is much lower. No dealer is allowed to sell below this price.
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2014 at 1:24am
For me it´s very simple: if I want to buy the manufacturer MUST sell. If the manufacturer does not want to sell or creates any barrier, I simply go for a product of another manufacturer. It´s valid for clothes, cars, food, anything.
I gave up Butterfly products long ago, not because of this restriction, but because of their prices. For me some of their absurd prices was clearly a barrier.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2014 at 1:40am
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

For me it´s very simple: if I want to buy the manufacturer MUST sell. If the manufacturer does not want to sell or creates any barrier, I simply go for a product of another manufacturer. It´s valid for clothes, cars, food, anything.
I gave up Butterfly products long ago, not because of this restriction, but because of their prices. For me some of their absurd prices was clearly a barrier.

EXACTLY!   Mind you my first custom rubber was BTY and i was in love with it. I still kept my first 729 wood from 11-12 years ago Just to have.  I said screw them once Tenergy got raised to an absurd price.<.length;r++var>

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
murraylp2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraylp2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2014 at 12:36pm
Anyone know where lovett2011 is and if hell be back? 

Ive heard that hes meant to be setting up a club in his local area and that hes busy with that but surely that cant have taken this long? Also could be health related as im sure he was gone for a week due to health problems a few years ago?

Going to miss him as a great seller and hope this is only temporary
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2014 at 1:12pm
TTNPP.com has Viscaria and OO rubbers in stock if anyone is interested.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2014 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by GMan4911 GMan4911 wrote:

Butterfly dealers presumably have a sales territory that they can only sell to but it was not strictly enforced.  Apparently, enough Butterfly dealers have complained to Butterfly corporate about TT-Japan poaching their customers that Butterfly corporate has decided to enforce the territory restrictions.  It's still unclear as to why other Butterfly dealers can't compete price-wise with TT-Japan.  Maybe they can but are unwilling due to greed?
they buy the tenrgy for $42 and the price is set by butterfly at $64 thats how it is in the us
now some dealer give you a 10 to 15 % break if you negotiate
i cant reveal my source but i pay for my tenergy $ 55  
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2014 at 2:05pm
And in Japan Tenergy is around 50usd in retail. Too expensive nevertheless.

fb.me/spinnier
murraylp2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraylp2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2014 at 2:18pm
Does anywhere in Japan ship to UK though? 
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2014 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Purett Purett wrote:

Originally posted by GMan4911 GMan4911 wrote:

they buy the tenrgy for $42 and the price is set by butterfly at $64 thats how it is in the us
now some dealer give you a 10 to 15 % break if you negotiate
i cant reveal my source but i pay for my tenergy $ 55  

yeah my dealer told me a similar scenario, i get mine for $59 shipped
kajba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kajba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2014 at 4:13pm
In sweden a Tenergy sheeet cost 78$+.. Just buying 2 sheets of those makes you cry though I have never bought any of them. If anyone can pm me where they sell it for cheaper and send to sweden please PM me.
Primary blade:
Appelgren Allplat V2
FH: DHS H3 NAT
BH: Donic M2

BTY Viscaria
FH: DHS H3 NAT
BH: Mark V
murraylp2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murraylp2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2014 at 4:22pm
The is painfull enough but in britain its $85! And tenergy 80 fx is currently $110!!!!!!!!! Although i expect it will go down once it is no longer viewed as being new!
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2014 at 5:23pm
I won´t never buy any Tenergy again unless they set more reasonable prices. In Spain it´s 56.90€ which is close to 80$. That´s insane, considering we´re over 5 millions of unemployed citizens, still too much for an average spanish wallet.
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Pondus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pondus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2014 at 11:16pm
In Denmark it's $92 for any of the Tenergy rubbers!!!
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 1:14am
Beside the Big Mac lndex, the Tenergy Index should be established, too.

fb.me/spinnier
nittakuball View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nittakuball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 1:49am
I buying US$55 in our local shop
DHS 032
Butterfly Bryce Highspeed

Singapore & Canada

MonkeyDDragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MonkeyDDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2014 at 1:58am
in your signature it's says your using a Tenergy tho lol...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic