Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

warning about known scammers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
Author
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2016 at 10:27am
Do not buy blades from Hamilton2016
Sponsored Links

Danthespearton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danthespearton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2016 at 12:12am
holy moly! long history of scammers, oh man.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2016 at 11:39am
Do not deal with Pongster94, maybe named Chris (Lin)  Lee from Maryland/DC area (Glen Burnie, MD).  Probable scammer.  Offered blade in trade that he had already sold to someone else.  Several failed and extremely suspicious transactions.  Unreliable user of PayPal at the very least.

Also goes by Jong Min Lee, and maybe Lin Lee.  Goes by Chris.
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2016 at 1:23pm
what's wrong with this kinda ppl these days? They lost their moral compass or what or may be they never have any. They can't tell the differences btwn Right & Wrong? May be it's their upbringing which contributed to their unethical & dishonest behaviors & conducts?

Edited by tiehwen - 12/29/2016 at 1:33pm
Poseidon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poseidon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/29/2016 at 5:38pm
He's definitely a scammer. No doubt. He had a post looking for used Tenergies. I contacted him with pics of some of my rubbers for sale. He said multiple times during our communication that he would take them, but just wouldn't pay whatsoever. I was so naive to agree to keep the rubbers for him until 12/30 (which would be 5 days after he said he would take the rubbers), but I don't think he'll ever get back to me again. Please avoid him.

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Do not deal with Pongster94, maybe named Chris Lee or possibly Chris Park from Maryland/DC area.  Probable scammer.  Offered blade in trade already sold.

Edited by Poseidon - 12/29/2016 at 5:39pm
Pongster94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pongster94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2016 at 12:03am
Cool glad I scammed people not you guys are just making things worse again none of you are investigators so again when the blades arrive give me my credit.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/31/2016 at 8:40am
Pongster94 made a deal with KLHfans to trade a ZJK-T5000 for a Korbel with used rubber and 45 USD.  After receiving the Korbel and the money, he did not like the condition of the blade or rubber.  KLH has not received the ZJK, which was never shipped.  KLH offered to reverse the deal since Pongster was unhappy. While this was going on, Pongster offered the ZJK to multiple people in trades. That bothers me a lot (because of the timing, since at that time he already had received money and the Korbel).  Meanwhile he offers strange stories about his PayPal being frozen, so he can send or receive money but not add money to his paypal account.  His explanations about his PayPal seem highly implausible to me, and in any case, if your PayPal is messed up, you have no business trying to make deals here.  As of now, KLH has not had his Korbel returned, or had his 45 bucks refunded, or alternatvely received the ZJK.  On at least one other buy/sell forum (not related to TT) we have learned that people don't want to deal with Pongster and give him a low rating as a seller/buyer. This cannot be ignored.  Pongster94 now claims he has shipped a blade to KLH (I don't know if it is the Korbel or the ZJK) and another to fatt (a different transaction). We will see.  We have been applying pressure to get him to do that.  Issues with PayPal shoul not affect ones ability to go to the post office. 

I will keep members informed.  If the bades actuaaly are received bt fatt and KLH, I will post that here.  Pongster might want to avoid arrogant posting in the meantime, as he brought this onto himself.

I am willing to post his name, address, home phone, email, cell phone, and facebook page if this is not resolved, in a way that will appear on Google searches.  

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/01/2017 at 11:15pm
Pongster94 has now mailed blades to KLH and fatt. So for now this is resolved.   Please let me know if you have had a questionable transaction with him.  If you want to see the complete thread, it is here:

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=77920&PID=963252&title=request-pongster94-for-refund-of-paddle-and-money#963252
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2017 at 6:54am
Our latest scammer is BACARDI, who actually has another name here POKJESS.  If people can see that he has other identities here, please let me know.  He has been banned (both names).  He has sold blades that very clearly are not in the condition that he claims (using both names, I have now learned).  He has been a bit shady from the start, didn't want to post pictures, instead I allowed him to link to his Facebook page.  That kind of thing comes up from time to time (blades not being in the condition claimed).  Usually those things are resolved because most people here are honest.  If someone is unhappy, usually they just return the blade for a refund or some other mutually agreed arrangement.  From my perspective, I can sometimes be a referee, and usually there is no real problem -- unless lots of people have the same complaint, which has become the case for this guy.  By the way, that is one reason why I want people to post pictures or links to pictures, it can crowd source fake identification and it reduces misunderstandings (does not eliminate them).

The biggest problem, though, is that when his deals go badly and people complain, BACARDI sends endless deranged threatening messages, usually in French (he is Belgian) since his English language skills are low.  "I know the character of people in your country, I am going to come find you and teach you some respect".  Stuff like that.  He also uses his wife's email and name on occasion. 

Don't deal with him, he is nuts.  Son of wombats nuts.  Or as they say here in Texas, a couple of sandwiches shy of a picnic.  Or as they say in Norway "helt texas", their way of saying crazy (because it is true that Texans are collectively crazy and well armed, and it is not a complement, and by the way I live in Texas). 

His facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/bobladetrade/

I provide that as a service to our members who may buy from a variety of places, and who might want to avoid this one.

One last thing is that banned members often re-infest the site under a new name.  I recommend being cautious dealing with any member with a Belgian IP address who tends to post his for sale threads in French, especially for vintage blades, Old Stigas, Butterfly, etc.

Belgian members who are very well respected, like Kakapo, always post in English.  BACARDI/POKJESS generally reverts to French and when he writes in English it looks like he has used bad translation software.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/05/2017 at 8:01am
Andrei2412 has been banned for preying on potentially gullible buyers.  The last straw was his trying to sell a silver tag Viscaria for 700 UK pounds. 

If you send him money he sends you a blade and he sends money for blades he wants to buy, that is not the issue.  In that way he is different from other scammers.  In fact it is not quite fair to call him a scammer per se.  Therefore, although I know his real name I will not reveal it.  He is not in the same category as some of the other people on this thread.

The issue is the extreme inflated prices based on completely unsubstantiated (and extremely unlikely) claims about what he sells.  I feel an obligation to protect members from that, especially new ones who may be taken in.  I just can't let him do that here.  This decision is final.  If you want to pay those kinds of insane prices you can find him on facebook or ebay.  But it's not going to happen here.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 7:34am
I have banned the member Jjf26220, who may be a person named Joe Finch from Hemet, CA.  I am concerned by his behavior in selling an old Butterfly blade here.  If it is resolved I can reinstate him.  He is currently selling stuff on ebay where he goes by Halse Jaso (unlikely to be a real name).  I would use the highest level of caution in dealing with him.  Our member was smart and did not use Paypal friends and family option, and so is protected and will get his money back.  A good lesson for everyone.

Here is a thread this person started on ebay. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Rare-Butterfly-Anatomic-D-Patent-1039/302308698253?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D43782%26meid%3D7aa8681811fe44a683d9698d4179b4ac%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D272663900378
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 9:38am
His email is: [email protected]
And his email reached me with Joseph Finch as sender.
helmsman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helmsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2017 at 12:23pm
Google points to Joe Finch and Thomas Finch by searching for jjf26220. There are few email addresses pointing to these two names, like at aol.com, hotmail.com etc. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 4:22pm
So, he never did mail the blade.  Magic_M got his money back through Paypal.  So, anybody in the world, Joseph Finch of Hemet California is an internet scammer and not to be trusted.  Don't buy table tennis equipment, records, CDs, or guitars from this guy.

By the way, there is a Joe Finch in the UK who is a potter.  No the same guy.
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2017 at 2:38am
I think it would be very helpful if you create a list in the first message of this post with known scammers.
greeny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greeny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2017 at 10:50am
Just want to reiterate the point about pongster94. Wish I had the seen this before agreeing to a deal. 
DON'T DEAL WITH THIS GUY

He posted tenergy fx for sale back in January. Was very responsive and friendly until I sent the payment (via money order). It almost 6 months later, and no tenergy and no reimbursement! After 3 months of waiting he claimed he sent it out and usps lost the package, while providing no proof. He's been mostly MIA since. To say that I am pissed off is an understatement. He keeps apologizing, and promising, without delivering. Regardless of his intentions he has taken money, multiple times, without delivering. I do have his phone number and home address.  
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2017 at 6:24pm
I also had a strange encounter with Pongster94 where he tried to trade me a blade he had already agreed to trade with someone else.  
My Feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75703&title=feedback-mcollins
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2017 at 11:52pm
warning:manjurul fuad from bellevue, washington

offered $33 specifying for one on my listing of 2x tenergy at $80, then filed paypal claim it was not received because he wanted both.

Edited by kurokami - 06/27/2017 at 11:55am
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Poseidon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poseidon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2017 at 1:52am
Gee what's wrong with people these days...
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2017 at 9:56am
Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

warning:manjurul fuad from bellevue, washington

offered $33 specifying for one on my listing of 2x tenergy at $80, then filed paypal claim it was not received because he wanted both.

Kurokami, Is that person a member here?  Could you PM me more details?

---------
Meanwhile, referring back to another scammer, amazingly, I have received this PM from Pongster94:

"Just haven't had the time to send payment. Well I was OK with sending my other ones which were newer for the same price. I messaged him already."

This for a deal that was made in January!  He's a busy guy (who is also unreliable and maybe insane).  He is now banned permanently.

Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2017 at 12:53pm
pongster has been trying to set deals for some of my stuff many times in the past 1 to 2 months.....he is a scammer for sure since reading all about his deals this year......

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2017 at 3:02pm
Here is something i would suggest to people contemplating buying something here.  Be sure to look to see if there is actual feedback here on that person, meaning that someone here has bought from them and has then reported that they received the blade in the condition reported.  Note that we have a special feedback section for that!  Use it.

Don't just rely on appearances, such as it SEEMS like they have sold a lot of blades based on the For Sale threads that have been closed!!  (Bear in mind that I have no way of verifying that a blade transaction actually occurred just because somebody marks a blade thread as "Sold").  

Feedback actually comes from a buyer.  The more feedback there is the better.  Some people have been selling blades here for many years.  They are absolutely reliable.  I would estimate that at least 2/3 of the sales threads have been started by trustworthy people that fall into that category.  

Therefore, if someone is a relatively new member and you have had a successful transaction with them, you would be doing them a big favor to start a new feedback thread for them, or posting in one they started.

If you are really worried about whether you should proceed with someone, you can contact me and I may be able to provide some input on a seller, since many are well known to me.  I will probably regret making that decision since it will fill up my inbox.  But for now, I will try to do that.  Just do me a favor and try to search the feedback section before contacting me. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 7:40am
I am tentatively adding JoeWilmar to the list. He has not responded to my request for information about a transaction. He received payment for a blade and has not shipped it. He has blocked email communication with the buyer. He has not responded to my PMs asking for information. Until this is cleared up I think people should not buy from him or send him a blade in trade.  There may be an explanation, but as yet I don't have it.  I am trying to contact him through some other people.  I will let people know what I find out. 

Edit added:  Another member reminded me that JolWilmar had previously created multiple identities on the forum. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2017 at 4:25pm
JoeWilmar permanently banned. He has had a week to respond. But nothing.
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2017 at 8:45pm
Could someone please check into user Jkpro05? http://mytabletennis.net/forum/member_profile.asp?PF=35604

There are many similarities to Pongster, would be nice to get this checked out
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2017 at 11:02pm
I think now that this is quite likely.
riky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2017 at 11:10am
 Tvuj názor se nezakládá na pravdě a vaše tvrzení je nespravedlivý!Problém s emihem který řeší je o dřevěch, který nebyl doručen a žádný transakce neproběhla!Nejdříve si zjistíte fakta a každý zasilka, kterou dostávám, musím podepsat a má svůj číslo !!!Komunikace v angličtině je slabší ale řešil jsem s emihem i přes emal i o náhraděJe to od vás sprosté! !!!Ale po tomto neplatném obvyklém mu náhradní dřevo nepošlu !!!< id="foxcub_translator_popup_win" style="visibility:;width:0px;height:0px;border:0;padding:0;">
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2017 at 11:48am
Here is the google translation of what Riky has written (from Czech to English).  It is in response to a For Sale thread in which Emihet voiced concern about a transaction with Riky.  I hope this will all be resolved soon.  So far it has not.-------------------------------

Your opinion is not based on the truth and your claim is

unfair. The problem with the [transaction with Emihet] for you is about the wood thathas not been delivered and no transaction has taken place. First you will find outthe facts and every ticket I receive I have to sign and have my number !!!

In English it is weaker but I've solved with Emihet despite emal io replacing

It's odd from  you! !!!

But after this invalid usual the substitute wood will not send him !!!

riky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote riky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2017 at 2:15pm
Ty hvězdo, oba balíčky byly odeslány bez sledovacího čísla a doporučení byly levnější ale nese to svá rizika!Tak jak je mužem dohledat ?!Do nejde na pošty mi řekli, že bez sledovacího čísla a doporučení nejde dohledat!Rozzlobený
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2017 at 3:32pm

Google Translation. Czech to English, last post.-----------

You star, both packages were sent without a tracking number, and the recommendations were cheaper but they carry their risks! How can they be traced to a man? They do not go to the mail to tell me that without a tracking number and recommendations can not trace! Angry.

-----------

I understand that there was not tracking number and that you are not happy, but we will see how things work out.  For now there is some concern about your transactions but nothing in my mind is certain.  That is why I said that people should use caution.  If I was certain you would be banned.

I have asked you repeatedly to post in English, not Czech.  This is the last time I will tell you.  You MUST post in English here.  One of the things I warned our members about is that communication with you might be difficult because you can not or will not write in English, and Google translations are at best approximate.  You are proving this with each additional post you make.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 11>
  Share Topic