Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > Pictures & Videos > Videos

My Progress Over Time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 4.90  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2018 at 6:20am
Looking better, but one thing that bothers me is your movements. They look very choppy. I said it last time and I'll say it again, you need to use your body more on the forehand. You have the time, so you should do it. Once you reach a certain level, you'll lack power with that forehand. Keep it up
balldance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balldance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2018 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

Looking better, but one thing that bothers me is your movements. They look very choppy. I said it last time and I'll say it again, you need to use your body more on the forehand. You have the time, so you should do it. Once you reach a certain level, you'll lack power with that forehand. Keep it up

I noticed the exact same things. But I assume his coach knows what to do. It will take time to improve those.
mickd View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2018 at 6:39pm
Thank you balldance and TtGold!

Yeah, that's one of the main issues I'm working on (along with many many others haha). During that session I worked with 2 coaches, we mostly worked on my backhand because it's a much weaker part of my game, but for about 30 minutes we did some forehand stuff.

With my main coach, we worked on timing (I hit the ball too far in front of my body, thus not allowing me to use my body), and trunk rotation (not wiggling my body from left to right and using more rotation to generate power).

With one of the other coaches (first time with him that day), we worked a little on weight transfer since I mostly have my weight leaning on my back leg, without properly transferring it into the other leg during the shot). Also, I have this bad habit of jumping forward when I smash the ball. So he was helping me with that. Better footwork!

In the video above I felt like I wasn't able to incorporate the forehand things we practiced well. Various parts of our backhand practice made it in though! I think the one area that did seep in a little on some shots was timing. I was thinking a little more about timing, waiting a little longer than usual to hit the ball.

It's actually interesting to see everyone pick up on the same thing. It means it's a big part of my game that needs fixing :) Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic