Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Karis M and M+ reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 4:24am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

I went to a small local-ish tournament this weekend
Hi Andy, didn't realise you'd be there. It's very local to me. had I known, I'd have come and watch a bit!

Local-ish? Where are you exactly? PM if you want...
Sponsored Links

player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 5:16am
To AndySmith
That is your perception. Nobody asked to "shut up". If this is your perception it is your problem or you read the thoughts of others?=) lol .

I will not go down to that level and follow your kind of conversation. Keeping this topic clean.
Have fun.

P.S. Example with google is just correlation. Understood wrongly... not surprised.

Edited by player87 - 01/24/2017 at 5:35am
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 5:49am
Originally posted by player87 player87 wrote:

To AndySmith
That is your perception. Nobody asked to "shut up". If this is your perception it is your problem or you read the thoughts of others?=) lol .

Of course you are.  You didn't phrase it so bluntly, and you wrapped your request in "I mean no offense" passive aggressive tags, but you specifically said:

But what I can see instead writing your reviews based on 1-2 sessions please take your time to understand your testing equipment. OR writing short comments such as "I played once it was .... " and then "I played some more and it was ..." etc.

This is explicitly asking people to pipe down, write less in the early stages.  My response to this is that you aren't even reading final reviews at this stage - this is just the chatty, conversational part where people discuss their early findings.

So I've respectfully considered your request, as quoted above, and my response is no.  To help you out a bit so this doesn't trip you up in the future - you're free to do things in your own way, and so is anyone else (as long as it doesn't violate the rules of the forum of course).  If you want to avoid wear and tear on your eyeballs, just check the first page of this thread from time to time and when the review index appears, you can go straight to the things you want without having to go through the background information.  I have edited my review in your honour so please don't feel that you haven't achieved anything, or touched my soul in some way.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 6:02am
Originally posted by Olio Olio wrote:

I went to a small local-ish tournament this weekend
Hi Andy, didn't realise you'd be there. It's very local to me. had I known, I'd have come and watch a bit!

Local-ish? Where are you exactly? PM if you want...

I'm in Staffordshire.  I think we were one of the most southern leagues to get the invites for the interleague - most players were from warrington/manchester/wigan -  but on a sunday morning it was a 45 minute drive so very doable.  It was a lovely little tournament, lots of juniors, plenty of games for the money you pay, and they put a lot of effort into placing people in groups of similar ability.  I had a lot more fun than any of the GPs I've been to in the last few years.  I'm sure we'll try to get to another one in the next few months.

Shame you didn't come along!  That said, I'm a bit like schrodinger's tt-playing cat.  I play OK until someone watches me, and then there's a 50/50 chance I might disappear entirely.  So perhaps come and watch, but pretend that you're not watching?  Smile
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 7:16am
To AndySmith

This is my last message about it. I've read a lot of reviews here especially about nexy's blade and I mentioned that a lot of reviews a written based on 1-2-3 days some of them based on several hours. It should help understanding the logic behind my post.

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 7:43am

To AndySmith

This is my last message about it. I've read a lot of reviews here especially about nexy's blade and I mentioned that a lot of reviews a written based on 1-2-3 days some of them based on several hours. It should help understanding the logic behind my post.

Thumbs Up
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 8:08am

Shame you didn't come along!  That said, I'm a bit like schrodinger's tt-playing cat.  I play OK until someone watches me, and then there's a 50/50 chance I might disappear entirely.  So perhaps come and watch, but pretend that you're not watching?  Smile

Let me know if you attend the next one so I'll know to hide!

/ end of off topic.
coffeeholic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coffeeholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 11:46am
is the karis m/m+ a good rubber for a developing player? given that the description so far seems that it doesn't have the noticable catapult effect of high tension rubbers and plays very linear with medium throw, perhaps it's a nice alternative to consider for someone looking for a controllable rubber that has enough speed to grow a long time from a lower level. thoughts appreciated!
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha | Yasaka Rakza 7 | Xiom OmegaIV Euro
Rubbers don't offer control. YOU are the control!
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by coffeeholic coffeeholic wrote:

is the karis m/m+ a good rubber for a developing player? given that the description so far seems that it doesn't have the noticable catapult effect of high tension rubbers and plays very linear with medium throw, perhaps it's a nice alternative to consider for someone looking for a controllable rubber that has enough speed to grow a long time from a lower level. thoughts appreciated!

If you never plan for them to switch to stuff like Tenergy, sure.  I think it is an excellent rubber for the developing player.  I would definitely give it to a starting student instead of a traditional rubber or a tensor (okay, I am biased for many reasons, so take that for what its worth).

I had a 1500 player/student ask me what I used on the forehand last week.  I showed him Karis and he tested it and said that he liked it.  He said he needed a forehand rubber (Tenergy and the ESN tensor whose name I can't remember right now weren't getting it done) because he could not link his swing to what was happening to the ball.  And immediately he hit with Karis, he got that.  I never told him why I used Karis before that either.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 1:09pm
Got my Karis M / M+ last week, put it on yesterday and tried it in a session.
Blade: Yasaka YEO pro (meaning it is thicker and denser than the regular yeo)
FH: Karis M+ (as I'm coming from chinese rubber, so I prefer a harder rubber for forehand)
BH: Karis M

Initial thought:
Both rubber is very easy to play in a training session, where all the balls land on the same spot as expect. Looping is effortless on the Karis M+, and I can easily land the ball on the table. One thing surprises me is how good it is for flat hitting. There were several occasion where my playing partner jammed the ball to my body and force me to flat hit the ball back, and the rubber totally give me enough power and catapult to return the ball with ease. I'd hope the Karis M+ is harder though, as it still feels soft to me, and lack of power when I try to kill the point with a power loop. May be the rubber can be better utilize with a different stroke, but with the full body whipping style of stroke it doesn't reward me much like hurricane 3 or tg3.

As for the Karis M, it's a lot softer than M+, if I put more power , I'll feel it hits through to the blade already, which works wonder if I punch block on my backhand. But it left a lot to desire for my backhand loop, I still need to find the perfect ratio or hit vs rub on the Karis M to create a quality backhand loop.

Thanks it for now and I'll continue after another session.

Picture coming soon! 
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
coffeeholic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coffeeholic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

You do answer to the question in your question :)
I never tried Karis but from what I understood so far about the rubber, through what I read here and there, I am about 100% sure you are strongly hitting the nail right on its head.

very true! :) but since it's an expensive investment (relative to other very good rubbers out there), added confidence/verification can go a long way Sleepy
Tibhar Samsonov Alpha | Yasaka Rakza 7 | Xiom OmegaIV Euro
Rubbers don't offer control. YOU are the control!
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 3:44pm

I have a strong opinion on this topic, which is that I find bouncy, non linear rubbers often detrimental to developing proper technique unless players have structured, profesional coaching. Among key reasons are that they allow for making shots without using body turn and proper weight transferred and that they don't give sufficient feedback for players to understand the reason for missing shots.

As such, I strongly believe that linear rubbers with lots of control, like Karis M, are better suited for developing players than faster and bouncier alternatives. However I realize and appreciate the fact that many recreational, developing players have more fun playing with Tenergy, etc, especially those who put higher priority on being able to rally with less effort and/or to hit occasional "amazing winners" than on developing proper technique and/or extending their rallies - to each his own.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by VictorK VictorK wrote:

I have a strong opinion on this topic, which is that I find bouncy, non linear rubbers often detrimental to developing proper technique unless players have structured, profesional coaching. Among key reasons are that they allow for making shots without using body turn and proper weight transferred and that they don't give sufficient feedback for players to understand the reason for missing shots.

As such, I strongly believe that linear rubbers with lots of control, like Karis M, are better suited for developing players than faster and bouncier alternatives. However I realize and appreciate the fact that many recreational, developing players have more fun playing with Tenergy, etc, especially those who put higher priority on being able to rally with less effort and/or to hit occasional "amazing winners" than on developing proper technique and/or extending their rallies - to each his own.

Agree. I do like getting more effect without putting as much effort, plus I have weak arms anyways, which is why I love tenergy, the rubber plays for you, you just need to tell it and it'll do it, plus the short game where you can get super tight pushes and serve receives.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by VictorK VictorK wrote:

I was going to make the last point to BRS, but he is already 1800, so he isn't so much a developing player, and we have a bet over who will switch rubber first, so I can't protest too strongly when he refuses to switch equipment given that I have an incentive for him to switch.  BRS is still improving with Tenergy so he should take it as far as he can. 
Cybershape Carbon
onehander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 6:50pm
Thank you qualizon for your perspective coming from H3/TG3.  Along with Baal's reactions, it is very clear now that Karis is much further away from H3.    Karis does not appear to be for players seeking out an H3 alternative.  OVA and Hybrid K1+ would be the better alternatives.  

Edited by onehander - 01/24/2017 at 6:55pm
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 7:00pm
IMO, VictorK's comment is more applicable to people who combine bouncy rubber with too much blade. Like me the two years I used tb zlf + 2×t05 rated between 1400 - 1600. Now I'm using a yasaka sweden classic at 1800 and life is much better.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

IMO, VictorK's comment is more applicable to people who combine bouncy rubber with too much blade. Like me the two years I used tb zlf + 2×t05 rated between 1400 - 1600. Now I'm using a yasaka sweden classic at 1800 and life is much better.

Definitely a good point on speed, but not on spin.
Cybershape Carbon
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 9:48pm
One thing I don't like T05 is overly bouncy behavior at short game.
It's great when you play aggressive short game like flipping flicking or sort of that behavior but when come to short ball drop on receiving, chopping close to table, it is overly bouncy. 
T05 ruin your behavior(developing player), you will never swing full stroke cause the rubber force you not to. ( Especially player with fast blade) and also force you to play outside the table.

For PRO it's another story, pro with T05 is GIGADESTROYER. 

Edited by Crowsfeather - 01/24/2017 at 9:55pm
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/24/2017 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by viva viva wrote:

Weird question but here it goes, does this require a stroke mechanics like that of hurricane or other Chinese rubbers or is it an out and out ESN ?

I think it's a good question. I see it as kind of in between, but closer to non Chinese. I had that thought from the first five minutes of using it. I'm not a huge EJ and don't have much appreciation at all for Hurricane, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think Karis responds well to that way of swinging (as if you wrer using Hurricane). I get great power when I mentally visualize that, altnough in realith my stroke is nothing like that.

I still think it is a class of its own overal. l
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 12:37am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

Weird question but here it goes, does this require a stroke mechanics like that of hurricane or other Chinese rubbers or is it an out and out ESN ?

I think it's a good question. I see it as kind of in between, but closer to non Chinese. I had that thought from the first five minutes of using it. I'm not a huge EJ and don't have much appreciation at all for Hurricane, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think Karis responds well to that way of swinging (as if you wrer using Hurricane). I get great power when I mentally visualize that, altnough in realith my stroke is nothing like that.

You don't need chinese rubber stroke, in fact, it won't give the same result with chinese rubber stroke. I have to agree with Baal,  this rubber is somewhere in between. I've compared my TG3, a Bluefire jp01 and the Karis during my session, and Karis is definitely not as bouncy as jp01, but also not as "chinese" as the TG3. 
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 5:33am
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

You don't need chinese rubber stroke, in fact, it won't give the same result with chinese rubber stroke. I have to agree with Baal,  this rubber is somewhere in between. I've compared my TG3, a Bluefire jp01 and the Karis during my session, and Karis is definitely not as bouncy as jp01, but also not as "chinese" as the TG3. 

It's japanese, and has a definite japanese character.  But what does that meeeeeean?

I know we tend to lump euro and jap together as eurojap when discussing rubbers, but that's more of an effort to say non-chinese really.  And even that's become a historical label now because "chinese" rubber includes all sorts of non-tacky, porous-sponged, "euro-style" offerings.  The waters are very muddied these days.

But go back 10, 15 years and things were more distinct.  Chinese rubber was mostly 729 or DHS, hard-sponged, tacky.  Euro was Joola Energy, Palio Macro Era - elastic, catapulty, bouncy, non-linear.  And japanese was Mambo, Sriver, Bryce - some catapult but not as bouncy or as wild as euro.  Back then, Jap rubber in general was in the middle of "chinese" and "euro", but closer to "euro" in most ways.

I think Karis is an extension of the old "jap" category from back then.  Butterfly went their own way with tenergy, but if we exclude that for now then Karis most reminds me of a lightly-glued Mambo or even Ekrips (if anyone remembers that) in terms of speed/catapult, but with a much more modern topsheet.  In terms of the evolution of this class of rubber, Karis is an obvious next-step on from Airoc or Alhelg, but they themselves have their roots more in the non-Butterfly made-in-japan area.  So if anyone here remembers the good old days of japanese rubber, this might paint a picture.

In terms of placing it in the modern hierarchy of rubber, I totally agree with Baal.  As much as many current-gen ESN rubbers have become much more linear and less bouncy than the old days of PME and Energy, Karis still sits above them in terms of usability and linearity (or below them in terms of catapult, depending on your preference).  
Makelele View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Makelele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 10:01am
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

Karis blocks like a dream, but i found that leading me to push and block and generally play more passive points, which is not where i want to go. And I lost spin on serves (a very big deal) and loops (less big but still not good)

This is my main concern about Karis. That it would hurt my attempt to become (in my dreams,ha) a good offensive-style player.  

I haven't tried the rubber, but if its features are like BRS say, I think that I would be really tempted to play a lazy game if I use Karis. If I have to work with my body (arm speed, rotation, etc.) to make a really dangerous offensive stroke (at least, less dangerous than with another type of rubber) but, at the same time, my defensive strokes are rewarded, I bet that my lazy reptilian brain would take the "passive mindset" and would tell me in the ear: " Hey buddy, let´s not waste energy, we are playing soooo well being passive, just keep it this way, we just don´t need more". 

I know that I am exaggerating a bit and that to become a really good offensive player, you have to be able to handle counter attacks, and that third balls winning points are not everything, etc, etc....but you get the idea of my concern.  
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 10:14am
The characteristics of a rubber should never shape the way you play the game. If it does, then you have bigger concerns. I doubt anyone here, myself included, will be maxing out the speed and spin of any modern rubber to the point where its holding you back. There are plenty of top players who play their games with rubbers that are far from the optimal in speed and spin. If you like the feel and can put quality balls on the table with it, use it. 
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

The characteristics of a rubber should never shape the way you play the game. If it does, then you have bigger concerns. I doubt anyone here, myself included, will be maxing out the speed and spin of any modern rubber to the point where its holding you back. There are plenty of top players who play their games with rubbers that are far from the optimal in speed and spin. If you like the feel and can put quality balls on the table with it, use it. 

I kinda get what you mean, but I also think you are an advanced enough player to see with some reflection that this is not and cannot be right.  You have the major extremes of long pips vs inverted, but even amongst inverted rubbers, subtle differences enhance and deter specific things.  The ease of looping with T05 would encourage me to loop more and the difficulties I have blocking and pushing would encourage me to block less.  They might not be radical changes, but there are subtle control adjustments I would be making all the time due to my technical limitations with the rubber,

Even top players talk about subtle differences in their rubbers, blades and overall equipment.  It's not something we make up at the lower levels, the issue is when someone thinks that this will play a huger role in long term improvement than technical improvement and adjusts his approach to TT improvement to fit this misguided mindset.
Cybershape Carbon
bard romance View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

I kinda get what you mean, but I also think you are an advanced enough player to see with some reflection that this is not and cannot be right.  You have the major extremes of long pips vs inverted, but even amongst inverted rubbers, subtle differences enhance and deter specific things.  The ease of looping with T05 would encourage me to loop more and the difficulties I have blocking and pushing would encourage me to block less.  They might not be radical changes, but there are subtle control adjustments I would be making all the time due to my technical limitations with the rubber,

Even top players talk about subtle differences in their rubbers, blades and overall equipment.  It's not something we make up at the lower levels, the issue is when someone thinks that this will play a huger role in long term improvement than technical improvement and adjusts his approach to TT improvement to fit this misguided mindset.

Fair enough, I should have specified that I was more referring to the flipside of the spectrum of your Tenergy 05 example. So, no doubt some rubbers are less conducive to certain types of shots, but, I don't think a rubber having "too little spin or speed" and thus being less able to attack is a relevant concern for anyone under something like 2500. 

And yeah, more alluding to the last sentence of your post. While this rubber might not be a beast suited to two wing power looping like Tenergy is, I don't buy that any modern day offensive rubber would prevent someone from being able to develop an offensive game. I've used, and know very good players who have used Joola Rhyzm which to me is a jack of all trades but master of none type rubber. Even though I read things that seem to align with this view a lot. That part I stand by. 

Edited by bard romance - 01/25/2017 at 1:50pm
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 2:24pm
"I've used, and know very good players who have used Joola Rhyzm which to me is a jack of all trades but master of none type rubber. Even though I read things that seem to align with this view a lot. That part I stand by. "

I would be curious to know if Karis belongs to this category, if we could call it a category, of rubbers that can do most things well without excelling at anything in particular. And you mentioned Joola Rhyzm, I would also be curious to know which other rubbers might also fit in this category.

FdT
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 4:19pm
I don't have a lot of experience with Rhyzm, but from what I remember, the answer is mostly no.  Karis is actually easier to use and feels quite different. 

One thing true is that there is no one thing that I can point to that says Karis is great for this one thing.  So it is kind of a jack of all trades kind of rubber, but it still won't feel like Rhyzm.  So I would say is maybe it's not really a category?  And yet teh same kinds of players would probably like it.  The caveat to this comment is others here have probably spent a lot more time with Rhyzm than I have.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 5:57pm
I don't don't consider either Karis or Rhyzm to be jack of all trade rubbers, whatever that means.  The main thing is that Karis feels as if its output matches your input in a way that you understand.  That does not mean it does nothing well or that it does everything well. Someone could just as well argue that H3 does everything well or that Tenergy does everything well.
Cybershape Carbon
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 6:13pm
All just words anyway. "Output matching input" is no more meaningful than "jack of all trades" (since we are trying to describe a feeling, it is not like any of us have subjected the rubber to some sort of engineering analysis). Karis doesn't feel to me like Rhyzm. With Karis I have greater confidence in a lot of shots, both offensive and defensive. People will get their own impressions if they try it. A lot of threads get bogged down over terminology that sounds more precise than it is and people get heated and don't even disagree.

Also, strengths of a rubber are player-dependent.  One thing I do real well with Karis is counterattack right of the bounce. I can also chop balls that I would have lobbed or fished with T05 -- because with Karis they go where I want them too (on the table and low).  Those are two quite different things that I like about what Karis does for me.  
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/25/2017 at 7:28pm

All just words anyway. "Output matching input" is no more meaningful than "jack of all trades" (since we are trying to describe a feeling, it is not like any of us have subjected the rubber to some sort of engineering analysis). Karis doesn't feel to me like Rhyzm. With Karis I have greater confidence in a lot of shots, both offensive and defensive. People will get their own impressions if they try it. A lot of threads get bogged down over terminology that sounds more precise than it is and people get heated and don't even disagree.

Also, strengths of a rubber are player-dependent.  One thing I do real well with Karis is counterattack right of the bounce. I can also chop balls that I would have lobbed or fished with T05 -- because with Karis they go where I want them too (on the table and low).  Those are two quite different things that I like about what Karis does for me.  

Good points and a much better way of saying what I was trying to convey without my substitution error.
Cybershape Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic