Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Nexy Karis M and M+ reviews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
patrickhrdlicka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickhrdlicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2017 at 4:00pm
It just feels" disengaged, almost like hitting with a frying pan (just to exaggerate a little bit)  
Adidas Challenge Force, MX-S (FH), TSP Spectol (BH).

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=69419&title=feedback-patrickhrdlicka

USATT rating: 2k+
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/14/2017 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

It's totally a feel thing.  M+ just feels "not right" to me.  I can't really say why. People say it is faster than M, but I didn't feel that so much.  Just not a pleasant feel. 

The rubbers I had used before it are certainly not soft.  Overall (topsheet plus sponge) M is harder than any Tenergy FX (except for T25FX) or FX-P, so with M you would still be stepping in that direction.

However, ViktorK likes M+.

For some people, faster means they can loop harder and still get the ball to dip (which usually means less spin at lower swing/contact speeds).  For some people, faster means quicker rebound.  M+ is definitely faster by criteria 1.  It is possibly fast by criteria 2 though I don't think so per se.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Testing
FH: Karis M B
BH: Karis M R
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 10:38am
After a month with Karis M I tried out EL-S on a Viscaria.  The only way I could keep the ball on the table was with pitiful half strokes!  Funny.  I was not in best form anyway -- feet felt like lead -- but still felt much more comfortable with Karis.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

After a month with Karis M I tried out EL-S on a Viscaria.  The only way I could keep the ball on the table was with pitiful half strokes!  Funny.  I was not in best form anyway -- feet felt like lead -- but still felt much more comfortable with Karis.

I know the feeling.  A high level opponent thought I was using Chinese rubber because he kept wondering how I was able to keep some of his most powerful loops in the vicinity of the table even when they didn't go on, which they often did.  Until I used Karis, I never really appreciated how many points poor defense was costing me.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Testing
FH: Karis M B
BH: Karis M R
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 3:19am
I have said it often, one of the biggest reasons I moved to Karis right before the NA Teams is I can stay in more rallies and still trouble opponents.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 6:30am
When would nexyusa have karis in 2 mm ?

Edited by viva - 02/16/2017 at 6:31am
My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback
sspark80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sspark80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 6:35am
Originally posted by viva viva wrote:

When would nexyusa have karis in 2 mm ?

Hi, Viva.
They have 2.0 in stock now. I bought a sheet already.

Mine was the M version, not the M+.

Edited by sspark80 - 02/16/2017 at 6:36am
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 12:27pm
I want one of each
My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback
Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 9:40pm
well, i think i'll try the M+, even if is not the most popular among most of you Smile. Hopefully i'll start using it on sunday

Anyway, i just added both rubbers to the www.tabletennisdb.com website. (the cover images will show up soon and i hope the admin fix a typo made on the M page).

Why don't you guys copy your reviews over there, helping nexy get more exposure on the TT world.

The only thing that bothers me is that nexy don't have Speed, spin, control scales to fill up on the page and compare Disapprove

fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2017 at 12:28am
I go to the post office Saturday morning to pick my rubbers up; I have the feeling I want to like the M+ and I am afraid I will find reasons to do so, like thinking of myself good enough to take advantage of what it has better than M on the fh; dangerous path... 
I will judge with what happens in matches and I will separate feel/fun from results; that's what I repeat to myself now.

Edited by fatt - 02/17/2017 at 1:02am
stuff fs ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback / vega pro st - m2 - baracuda
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2017 at 12:33am
Fatt, maybe it would have been better if you had not read any of this!  Just see if you like one of them. Dont over-think it.

Maybe you will hate them both.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2017 at 1:01am
I have thought that more than once. I will put those 2 suckers on a brand new vega pro and compare with a combo I like: baracuda bh and m2 fh on the same blade (same weight, same skull test sound). I won't let my review dictate my reason; the opposite will be true.
shaibu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaibu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 6:57pm
If I order Karis rubbers from nexyusa and choose "free shipping" option - how will they be shipped? USPS? With or without tracking #?

Thanks
Tibhar Stratus Power Wood
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Tibhar 5Q Sound
Feedback
smackman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I have thought that more than once. I will put those 2 suckers on a brand new vega pro and compare with a combo I like: baracuda bh and m2 fh on the same blade (same weight, same skull test sound). I won't let my review dictate my reason; the opposite will be true.
when you get the rubbers most of us would have retired
Ulmo Duality,tibhar 5Q sound black, Dtechs grass ox red
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website,
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/21/2017 at 9:59pm
USPS should be an easy choice. I think they are best if you want cheapest shipping costs with tracking, especially with a company account.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 31 minutes ago at 11:29pm
Wasn't sure whether to post this here or on the Stiga Mantra thread, but figured it fits here better because what I learned tells me more about Karis than it does about Mantra, actually.

I tried Stiga Mantra M today, it comes form the same factory in Japan.  I compared it to Karis M, both on Viscarias. 

They were actually similar in a lot of ways, I was surprised that Mantra M was not really a lot faster (really not faster at all).  Compared to Karis, the internal pips of Mantra are about twice as long, but still quite short relative to a lot of other rubbers.  (The pips on the inside of Karis are incredibly short). It seems like the shorter pips is becoming a trend (see the various Rasanter threads here and at TT Daily) and I think it is a good trend (for most mortal players), taken to an extreme by Karis.

Mantra has a different color to its top sheet.  If I was describing it like a desert or an ice cream, I would say that it is more "rich and creamy".  Brighter color.  Very high quality.  Yogi Bear commented on that at some length and I see where he is coming from.  But just countering away, or looping while someone blocks or blocking someone's loops, these rubbers are really not all that different.  At the very least, they are cousins with family resemblance even  if they are not "identical cousins" (very old TV reference).

But here is the interesting thing.  After a month of Karis, you kind of get used to no surprises.  And with Mantra M, there were occasional surprises, just like with Tenergy, and Evolution and every other modern rubber I have tried.  Strange non-linearities that sometimes make you miss.  As Next Level said, until you play with Karis, you really have no sense of how often this happens.  I certainly didn't.

I attribute this to the internal pips because as best as I can tell, THAT is the one thing about Karis that is really different from Mantra and anything else out there.  Karis is like a thin topsheet sitting almost directly on top of a sponge, and their hardness is well matched, so they work together.  Pips can have all sorts of effects to change the angle the ball leaves the rubber, or how long it stays on the rubber and probably lots of different things, and sometimes it is a really good effect, and sometimes it is quite non-linear and not quite what you expected.  Karis eliminates this by coming as close as is possible to not having the pips at all.

Mantra M is really good rubber, and a lot of people will like it. Very grippy topsheet.  Nice arc to the ball, and I wanted very much to like it. And I do, actually.

But I will stick with Karis M for now.

One other thing, since my technique has evolved to use a slower rubber like Karis (slower compared to Tenergy or MX-P), I have no problem ripping balls fast and hard, and oddly enough compared to Mantra, I felt like my balls had more penetration with Karis.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 9 minutes ago at 1:51am
Originally posted by shaibu shaibu wrote:

If I order Karis rubbers from nexyusa and choose "free shipping" option - how will they be shipped? USPS? With or without tracking #?

Thanks

Bogeyhunter would be shipping your rubbers, he uses USPS from Florida with tracking number. Usually takes 2 days from there to upper East Coast. I would ship USPS if the customer was a West Coast and bought rubbers only or all the items ordered. I keep a smaller selection with me, most is in FL.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 7 minutes ago at 1:53am
Baal, the last two months using Karis, I would take a week to adapt back to MX-P. 

Karis just handles the topspin rallies for me so much better the percentages are just with Karis M on my blade... M+ on the LISSOM.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic