Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Tibhar Evolution FX-S & EL-S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
mog1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 12:23pm
I'm switching to EL-S on backhand too.
just got to decide now between Stratus Powerwood and Force Pro blue
think it might be the stratus as EL-S is fairly medium hard sponge, so the flex might help with loops.
Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
FH: Evolution EL-S
BH: Evolution EL-S
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 12:51pm
I tried the EL-S with a couple of layers of booster last night, It felt extremely close to the t80 on my backhand.
Blade: Timo Boll ALC
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05
My Feedback
mog1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 1:15pm
wow im not sure it needs boosting?
Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2017 at 1:55pm
Well, it was on a friend's paddle, he had boosted it
Blade: Timo Boll ALC
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05
My Feedback
WeebleWobble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeebleWobble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 9:33am
I have el-s on my backhand donic true carbon and it feels a bit too hard for me. Should I try fx-p or would another brand be preferable.
tom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 9:49am
Weeble, what do you usually do on your backhand?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeebleWobble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Weeble, what do you usually do on your backhand?

It's the only rubber I've used on the true carbon which is new to me as well.  For a few years I used Joola Rhyzym 420 on a Rossi Emotion but I found the rossi to be too light and unstable. 

Then was using adidas P3 on backhand of NCT maplewood V.  Looks like P3 and the 420 have similar hardness. 

I have El-s on the NCT maplewood backhand as well and it feels softer than on the true carbon but I haven't really been using that setup.  Using the true carbon.

Made a lot of changes all at once.  I was playing at a crappy place with no space so was always close to the table and using celluloid balls. 
Now I'm playing with more space, plastic balls, and a fast blade so it's a lot of adjustment to make. 

Just lost confidence in my backhand, I used to have a great one when I was right on the table but now I find myself backing up and that requires a loop instead of more of a drive.
tom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 1:17pm
Weeble, can't help exactly the way you want because I haven't played with the FXP thought I have played with the ELS alot and have two DTC.  From what you have said I suggest from one of the combos MAXXX-P for your BH.  good control and spin, adequate driving power and should be close to softness to you Rhyzm.  I estimate the FXP is softer than that range.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeebleWobble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 1:19pm
Is there just one kind of Maxxx-p?  I guess you mean just different thicknesses. 

Looks good but not cheap...

Edited by WeebleWobble - 02/16/2017 at 1:25pm
tom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2017 at 1:57pm
just one kind and just a few bucks more
mog1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 8:18am
my EL-S has arrived for my bh in 1.9mm so lets see how that works out
Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 26 minutes ago at 6:34pm
Maxxx-p is a different rubber compared to els. Els is spinnier and feels harder.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of ADIDAS, STIGA, TIBHAR, NEXY, JOOLA, ALSER & XVT

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
mog1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 55 minutes ago at 4:05am
yogi, would you agree you need good technique to get the spin out of el-s, probably because of the hardness?
Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 22 minutes ago at 4:38am
Not really tbough you would need to know how to brush the ball properly.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of ADIDAS, STIGA, TIBHAR, NEXY, JOOLA, ALSER & XVT

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
mog1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 19 minutes ago at 4:41am
it must be me with rubbish technique. ha ha ha

I do like el-s though
Tibhar Stratus Powerwood
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic