Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Andro Rasanter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
Author
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2017 at 6:49am
Originally posted by col6628 col6628 wrote:

what blade do you recommend  r47 ?

It's fast, linear, good spin.  Suits lots of different blades depending on your needs.  It lacks initial catapult, so if you need that then it might be better on a harder, bouncier blade.  But it's all down to your own style really and I haven't used it on a blade where I've thought "yuk" yet.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
Sponsored Links

kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2017 at 6:05pm
*deleted. wrong thread lol

Edited by kurokami - 07/04/2017 at 6:28pm
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2017 at 8:11pm
Whenever I am ready to place a big order and R47 is out of stock. I give up. Dead
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2017 at 8:16pm
Megaspin has some now
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
player87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote player87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2017 at 12:36am
I didn't find it good enough on S5 as well which is similar to violin.

It is more difficult to kick in this rubber on this blade. Touch shots also not understandable. It can be dead to certain moment and sometimes just shot quickly.
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2017 at 11:37am
Originally posted by jpenmaster jpenmaster wrote:

Megaspin has some now

Too bad they charge tons of money to ship oversea. Last time I check the minimum postage is $50!
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2017 at 1:40pm
I sold my R47, I simply do not have the strength required to use it on my fh, the rubber is a spin machine, and almost feels like a well juiced hurricane provincial.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2017 at 4:23pm
On one hand, I am annoyed because I wanted that sheet.

On the other hand, your early descriptions of the rubber were confusing. Thanks for returning to my reality.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: Rakza Z
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/08/2017 at 6:56pm
NL, sorry I didn't know you were interested in that sheet, I would have given you mine but i had tried falco'ing it to see if i could salvage it, but nope, no such luck.

I think my initial impressions were wrong, as I had only used it in practice, where i was mostly in the right position to be able to hit the ball. But after playing matches, I realized how much better my technique/footwork needs to be to utilize this one effectively. 
carlotech View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlotech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 10:36pm
after 3 day here it is. topsheet is starting to form a bubble.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 4:41am
It could also be a bad glue job.
Cybershape Carbon
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 6:58am
Yup - reglue it, see if it flattens out.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2017 at 3:11pm
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Tajny1989 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tajny1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2017 at 7:12am
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 9:12am
Andro Rasanter
As a Player
I am a casual, intermediate player. Using Single-sided Cpen blade, close/mid table, 3rd ball attack, FH Looper/Drive, Alot of reactive and passive blocking on my BH side, will do the awkward BH drive whenever possible.

Equipment
Above picture shows Rasanter Red R47 Ultramax on Yasaka 3D Extra Cpen (83g) and Rasanter Red R47 2.0mm on Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon JTTA version (86g).
No boosting on the rubbers, balls used were mostly Nittaku Premium NP40+ / DHS New ABS 3*/ TSP New CP40+ ABS 3*

Rasanter Ultramx R47 on Yasaka Extra 3D
I first started with the Ultramax on the Yasaka 3D Extra. On this combination, After 3 sessions of play, about 7 to 8 hours in total. I still did not really get used to it.
On slow spinny loops it performed exceptionally well. Same goes with slower topspins returns that I passively blocked.

On active punch blocks and placements this started the problems for me. Especially with shakehand power-players. Most of the time when I expected the ball to land, it just flew right off/over shot the table. And on passive blocks slight angling of the blade, the ball went up too high.

I really lacked consistency on this set up. While YE 3D blade is a good and relatively slow control blade. Paired up with the R47 Ultramax, it seemed erratic and I could not feel any benefit especially to my close-table game. Sometimes it compresses and engages sponge and blade, sometimes only the sponge? With the YE3D having a soft feel it was just ??? for me. So really.. anything speedy/ powerful opponents - I lacked control on this set up.

R47 Ultramax proved to have a really good grip on the new balls, looping, drive, smashing feeling was good for me. Especially Spin, was also good enough for me.

Therefore on my next blade, I was sure that I wanted something similar in blade weight ~ 85g is good for me. Thinner sponge, and a harder but not too fast blade.

Rasanter R47 2.0mm on Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon JTTA Version
Which is why I ended up with the above setup.
I only needed the first session about 3 hours to get used. Initially the balls were going to the net from mid distance drives, and over shot the table on active blocking.

From the 2nd session, everything went well as expected. My attacking shots were all going in at good speed. Consistency at close table play was back and I could control against the same power-players.
The added carbon gave a good feel (Hard-Backing) which added to the consistency of my blocks and placement.

With the thinner sponge, I was able to push/block and sidestep for my FH shots; Balls were all in now.

All in all, a very good setup. I will be keeping this for long!

Just some of my thoughts! YMMV!
Cheers! Smile
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 10:07am
These rubbers shrink substantially over time. While they don't have a prominent booster smell, it would be interesting to see evaluations of the longevity.
Cybershape Carbon
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

The bounciness of the not too hard R47 2.0 makes me wonder if I could handle R50 2.0.

Definitely food for thought.
Cybershape Carbon
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 12:49pm
You gotta go for the R50 Ultramax. This poor model needs some love.

I honestly haven't read anything good about the R50. Nearly every review says it is too hard. Equally, nearly no one plays with the 2.3mm, which points back to my argument - too many choices.

Edited by zeio - 07/25/2017 at 12:51pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 12:52pm
No sheet. I'd GRAB a Rozena for that price.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

I honestly haven't read anything good about the R50. Nearly every review says it is too hard. Equally, nearly no one plays with the 2.3mm, which points back to my argument - too many choices.

I tried it... it was too soft for FH. Then I put it on the BH, and it didn't have all the gears I wanted, and I couldn't spin as much as with H3.

Edited by Chairman Meow - 07/25/2017 at 3:18pm
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Chairman Meow Chairman Meow wrote:

I tried it... it was too soft for FH. Then I put it on the BH, and it didn't have all the gears I wanted, and I couldn't spin as much as with H3.

Quote Your profile is spin driven. You will take the lead with spin at maximum speed.

As a high to pro level player you have what it takes to master the power of this top level 50° hardness sponge boosting your topspin play.

Your full throttle short strokes will activate unseen spin performance at maximum speed. Set a new benchmark with the R50 and be feared. Be honest to yourself and read above text about skills needed again.

Having less gears makes sense, but at 1.7mm. Hmmm, wha?

Edited by zeio - 07/25/2017 at 4:15pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 4:50pm
I meant that everything was fast with it on the BH, it was very difficult to keep balls short and/or slow. I might have figured it out with time, but I liked the feel of H3 more as well. I allowed for much easier opens on the BH and a more controlled feel overall, with the speed still available if needed. I am just much more used to H3, and have built my stroke and game around that.

Edited by Chairman Meow - 07/25/2017 at 4:53pm
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 6:04pm
Chairman Meow swings like a base ball pitcher/hitter and pushes like drug dealer.  So when he says he needs his gears, he needs his gears.

Edited by NextLevel - 07/25/2017 at 6:05pm
Cybershape Carbon
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 9:39am

No sheet. I'd GRAB a Rozena for that price.

For zeio: here is a comparison between Rozena and R42 (ultramax):

Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

Originally posted by ericd937 ericd937 wrote:

I've been playing with the Rozena
for about a week. Probably 15 plus hours so far. I'm still debating if I
prefer this or R42 on the backhand. 

Can you compare Rozena and R42?
Weight, hardness, speed, throw angle, bottoming out on blocks.

Thanks

• Weight - I didn't weigh it. The difference is negligible for me. I play with pimples on my forehand which are quite light. 
  • Speed
    - I guess Rozena is slightly faster, especially on drives/smashes, but I
    have some issues with Rozena bottoming out on hard blocks and smashes.
    R42 in supermax sponge thickness never bottoms out (I use it on
    backhand). You could probably make it bottom out if you played it on
    forehand and you had viscous smash capabilities. I've also had some
    issues with the ball slipping of the Rozena topsheet in humid
    conditions. 
  • Sweet-spot - Rozena has a tiny sweet-spot. R42's sweet-spot is like 80% of the face of the rubber.
  • Spin - Honestly, a lot of the characteristics aren't that much different except spin. I rate Rozena 7/10 and R42 9.5/10.
  • Summary
    - While these rubber have a lot of similar characteristics, I find R42
    superior. My loops have more spin and thus more arch. R42 topsheet has a
    lot more grip, which allows me to take more risks and make shots I
    couldn't with Rozena. Rozena isn't a bad rubber by any means. I actually
    prefered serving with Rozena, but i had a hard time opening up the
    attack with it. However, on the instance where i did execute my stroke
    and contact perfectly, I made some extremely nice shots with Rozena. It
    just couldn't quite get zoned in with it.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 2:12pm
Reminds me of that review in a few months' time.

Particularly on Chinese forums, many EJs were looking for the T05/T64 replacement/alternative when Butterfly jacked up the price. Many frontiers embarked on an adventure and came back with impressive and promising initial status. That is, until I entered the For Sale sub by accident. Lo and behold.

The activity has died down a lot ever since 2012, around the time when ESN came out with the rainbow color series. Some of them later admitted the cost of trying out the alternatives added up quick and simply was not worth it.

I witnessed a similar trend at my club.

Now with the release of Rozena at the original price point of Tenergy at a time when ESN Tensors have crept up to that, the choice has never been easier.

Sales figures don't lie.

Edited by zeio - 07/26/2017 at 2:17pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 2:37pm
zeio, FWIW, 85% of original T05 users at my club (the majority of members & especially the ones that used T05 for FH) in the US have switched to ESN (with MX-P being the most popular). And this is in a relatively affluent part of the country. Mind you, T05 is generally the easiest rubber to acquire in any US club (any club store here almost always carries it). Most club members end up buying the good ESN rubbers for anywhere between $30 to $38.

The only group that has had almost no defections to ESN is that of the H3 Neo users (mostly kids of Chinese origin who spend their summers in camps in China).

Albeit, in a neighboring club (that has a strong BTY affiliation), that isn't the case as the main coaches are / were BTY sponsored US team players (the kids there mostly use T05 as the coaches recommend the rubber - the parents are generally, completely unaware of the choices available).

So, perhaps, there is a difference in perception based on where one resides in. I can see how ESN is unpopular in China. I wonder how it is in clubs in Germany and in the UK (perhaps some European members can chime in).

Edited by slevin - 07/26/2017 at 2:39pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/26/2017 at 4:56pm
I Finally made my mxp feel close to tenergy, it only took 2 Heavy layers of zeropong victory tune
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2017 at 4:51am
I'll never understand people who compare two different rubber series, made by different manufacturers, find that they are different, and then call that difference a failure in some way.

ESN rubbers are high performance, are used by pros, and have a massive selection to pick from.  Are they clones of Tenergy?  No.  I'm glad that they aren't.

If you like Tenergy to the the extreme that you just can't cope with the idea of trying something else because it might be a bit different, then you're stuck.  Spend the money.  Be at peace with your inflexibility and admit you have a personal problem.  If someone genuinely feels that Tenergy is the only thing they can play with then there is no hope for them.

Switch to ESN (or whatever) and take the time to adjust to the differences.  Or don't - Tenergy might feel right to you, so stick with it and spend the additional cash.  But don't fool yourself into thinking that you have to spend that cash, or that Tenergy is objectively better in some way, and (crucially) that all other rubber series are therefore inferior.

Sales figures tell you how popular something is, not how much "better" something is.  Rozena is a good rubber, but it's still a lot more expensive for me to buy than something like Aurus Select which does a very similar job (and feels better to me in many ways).  Why would I spend more money on a rubber that feels and doesn't perform as well for me?

Butterfly has one big advantage when sales figures are concerned - fan boys.
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2017 at 2:31am
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

The key with that rubber is you can't stay close but 5 feet away it really shines.
Are you saying that the rubber is too fast for close to the table play even in 2mm?
mycuzinvinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycuzinvinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2017 at 10:54am
Will be trying the R42 (max) tonight, will give my impressions after.
Donic Epox Offensive
Tenergy 05 FX Max (FH and BH)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic