Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dima Ovtcharov was a guest of Grace Lin TTC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 12:52pm
There should be a new thread specifically calling out this TTimpossible kid on his plagiarism. Does the French education system not teach about ethics/honesty or have a anti-plagiarism policy? Or did this kid fail in school?
Sponsored Links

cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by cagaragesales cagaragesales wrote:

There should be a new thread specifically calling out this TTimpossible kid on his plagiarism. Does the French education system not teach about ethics/honesty or have a anti-plagiarism policy? Or did this kid fail in school?

The kid (Thomas Garnier) is an asshole for stealing other people's videos, no doubt, but you're no better for stereotyping the entire French educational system just because of one scumbag.

Edited by cmetsbeltran15 - 09/03/2012 at 1:27pm
amateur View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amateur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 1:37pm
Indeed... as if plagiarism and fraud didn't exist in other countries. Happens in the US every day too, even among high-profile journalists, writers, politicians...
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Indeed... as if plagiarism and fraud didn't exist in other countries. Happens in the US every day too, even among high-profile journalists, writers, politicians...

Yeah the whole world is like this - Apple copy from other people, Samsung copy from Apple and someone else will copy from Samsung etc, that is why you need to copy right things.

I don't see how any one can sue any one if it is not copyrighted and infact if the person copy rights it first, he/she can own the rights and require so lengthy court battles to win back your right of ownership.

If TTimpossible is using it in making profit - then that is not good, if he is using it to give him credit - that is not good, but if he is sharing it out of good deeds - it can be okay - just maybe he needs to have few words of credits from the orginal source.

Plus, youtubing it and worry about plagiarism - then please don't put on youtube, but rather have your own website that prevents downloading.

I download videos to show to my students (that cannot afford a computer, yet alone have internet connection). I hope I don't need to pay you guys royalities for doing that?

frontosa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frontosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 7:06pm
That interview was also my interview that I had done for tabletenista.com.  I had informed Roberto (tabletenista.com) that I was going to have lunch with Dimitrij on thursday and I would interview him and asked Roberto what questions he wanted me to ask.  Instead of transcribing the interview, I just used my iPhone and used it like a voice recorder.

This really sucks about doing the work and a jerk takes credit for it.  If you guys doubt me, go send a message to Roberto at tabletenista.com.  I forwarded the interview that I posted in private on youtube and Roberto posted the sound byte.

Thanks, Albert.

Gerry

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 7:33pm
I just had a look at http://www.ttimpossible.com/
http://www.ttimpossible.com/2012/09/interview-with-dimitrij-ovtcharov-at.html

I see that all the quotes from the interview is like:

TTimpossible: "asking question"
Dima: "answering questions"

Okay - that is wrong.....

Atleast he should use your name or not just a name at all and just "share" the information than oppose to making it sound like those words came from him.....
I can understand if he shares the oringal source, he may also require to get permission from you, or have it removed if the owner is not happy. But to modify the dialog is fraud - that means one can also modify Dima's answer to the question too

Edited by ZApenholder - 09/03/2012 at 7:40pm
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 7:47pm
This french kid is 13 years old.
His English is not perfect, or defiantly not interviewer material

I think he sure spends a lot of time on the internet - FB, Twitter, Youtube, Google+ and his blog (where most of the text are copied from tabletennisvista.com). I thought those social networking sites don't allow 13 year old kids to join?

Maybe one day when he gets older he can become a proper journalist and write his own articles than oppose to copy from others.

cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by ZApenholder ZApenholder wrote:

Originally posted by amateur amateur wrote:

Yeah the whole world is like this - Apple copy from other people, Samsung copy from Apple and someone else will copy from Samsung etc, that is why you need to copy right things.

I don't see how any one can sue any one if it is not copyrighted and infact if the person copy rights it first, he/she can own the rights and require so lengthy court battles to win back your right of ownership.

If TTimpossible is using it in making profit - then that is not good, if he is using it to give him credit - that is not good, but if he is sharing it out of good deeds - it can be okay - just maybe he needs to have few words of credits from the orginal source.

Plus, youtubing it and worry about plagiarism - then please don't put on youtube, but rather have your own website that prevents downloading.

I download videos to show to my students (that cannot afford a computer, yet alone have internet connection). I hope I don't need to pay you guys royalities for doing that?

Can't see the difference between downloading a video to show to someone without a computer, and taking someone elses work and rebranding it as your own? I used MR Chua's videos in the past in a video I made, first asking and receiving permission to use it, and including credits in the video description, seems there was no problem there. If TTimpossible is a Youtube partner, then he is indeed making profit, and this violates the terms of use contract which I know as I was invited to be a partner. 
frontosa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frontosa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2012 at 9:56pm
Thank you, and yes you did ask permission from me to use my videos.  This is the right way to do this. Why I have not posted any photos from tournaments on my website gerrychua.com since Dec 2009 because I am sick and tired from people stealing my photos.  That is the reason why I started to watermark the photos in the middle and this makes the photo not to my liking but I had no choice.  I have given away photo mostly to kids and some adults since 1990 and all I ask is the photo be used for personal purpose only.  Nothing commercial.  It is very upsetting to see your photos used in a promotion for a summer camp.  The pics used had the watermark 1/4 from the bottom.  The photographs were cropped to exclude the watermark.

I just had correspondence with Roberto of tabletenista.com and he is appalled to see ttimpossible.com's content had been lifted mostly from tabletenista.com.  You cant make an excuse for a 13 year old or a 30 year old.  What is wrong is wrong regardless of age.  I have been criticized for being very strict with my son, Ethan, when he trains and plays table tennis.  My father brought me up to be responsible at a very young age and there is no excuse for bad behaviour just because you are 10, 12, 16 or 19 years old.  Bad behaviour is bad behaviour.  If one keeps giving a young person a free pass because of their age, when are they going to learn?

Gerry

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2012 at 3:40am
Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

Can't see the difference between downloading a video to show to someone without a computer, and taking someone elses work and rebranding it as your own?

I thought TTimpossible was only sharing videos (given him the doubt of sharing with good deeds), and not redistriputing the whole tabletennisvista site, which includes Frontosa's and other peoples properties as TTimpossibles own....

Now finding out the truth, I am also very disgusted by this 13 years old's action.

Frontosa - appologies for not understanding the full picture before posting my other posts earlier
Gutzan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gutzan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2012 at 7:33am
Originally posted by TSuBaSa TSuBaSa wrote:

Dima uses t05 thats for sure. blade... Well people says its a butterfly tb alc or tbs with donic handle but who knows for sure?

Dimitrij Ovtcharov is sponsored by Donic. His blade is  Waldner Senso Carbon.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic