Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how to teach a 7 year old

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
karq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to teach a 7 year old
    Posted: 10/29/2007 at 1:48pm
So my sister wants to learn how to play ping pong.But i dont know how to teach her.I tried so that I trowd ball's to her and she tried to hit them, but she misses all or sometimes she shoots the ball right or left not on the table.
How should I teach her?
Sorry for my bad english.
Sponsored Links

WLiqin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WLiqin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2007 at 1:56pm
instead of throwing the ball at her just let her bounce the ball on her paddle a certain number on times until she feels comfortable w/ making contact with the paddle. At this point she needs work on the hand-eye-coordination so all u need her to do is practice this then after that instead of throwing the ball maybe try to drop the ball in front of her nd have her hit the ball. That might work lol im not sure. 
Clipper Wood
H2 2.2
Refoma 2.0
back to EE2...
karq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2007 at 2:26pm
ok, going to try that.
gundam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gundam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2007 at 8:20pm
You can also ask her to walk around with a ball on the bat. Even have a mini-race with her. I have a 7 year old daugther and the first thing I teach her is hand-eye coordination and ball control. If she hits the ball and gets it to the other side, that's a bonus. In which case she gets a lollie (candy for my Northern American friends).

theman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2007 at 4:45am
child hood diabetes and obesiety lol, lol just kidding
i lost my racquet

Schlager u beast

http://www.youtube.com/MDSguy

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2007 at 7:53am
I began very early working on the hand-eye co-ordination with my son, bouncing a football (soccer) at the side of his cot when he was very young. Later when he was a little older rolling and bouncing a ball to him. When he was about 2 I gave him a TT bat and I bounced the ball to him in our kitchen for him to hit at first and later hit back to me in a controlled way. He also really enjoys playing swingball and football and is very good at both.
Strangely he hits the ball with his right hand in the kitchen and at swingball but now plays TT left handed.
Here is a vid I did of him a couple of days ago, he is now 4 1/2. Sorry to the people on DTTW who have already seen it.

It is just over 8 weeks since he first played on a Table Tennis table.
cagaragesales View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cagaragesales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2007 at 5:06pm
Hey Juan King Carlo,
Your sons pretty good. Those are some fast hits you guys got there! Big%20smile
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2007 at 6:08pm
I think he is pretty good, but I am biased. While he wants to carry on playing, I will keep practicing with him. I encourage him to hit the ball quite hard at some stages during practice as I think he quite enjoys it. He seems to have quite a lot of power naturally even off his quite short swing. He only has one shot at the moment though, he is too small to hit backhands at the table so I will have to find another way of working on that shot.
rustyfo View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2007 at 8:51pm
thats pretty impressive for a 4� year
Blade: Tibhar Samsonov Alpha

FH: Tenergy 05

BH: Acuda S1
masterbuten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masterbuten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2007 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by karq karq wrote:

So my sister wants to learn how to play ping pong.But i dont know how to teach her.I tried so that I trowd ball's to her and she tried to hit them, but she misses all or sometimes she shoots the ball right or left not on the table.
How should I teach her?
Sorry for my bad english.

pack her up and send her off to china lol LOL
Stiga OC CR
FH DHS TG2
BH DHS TG3
T h e N A M View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T  h  e  N  A M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2007 at 11:38pm
wow your son can rally better than many other adults...
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2007 at 12:57am
juan, dont bother with backhand yet. just let him develope a very strong and natural forehand. while talking to my coach when i trained in china, he said he will usually train them on pure forehand on 3+ years, before spending any time on bh at all.

Blade:Darker 7P-2A
Forehand: Donic Bluefire M2 MAX
Backhand: Palio CK531A 0.6
patlu08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patlu08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2007 at 3:18am
the bouncing ball idea i think is really good... a lot of new members or my ping pong club at school have REALLY poor hand eye coordination.

My old coach used to make kids do that in his group lessons when he was teaching another kid.

I'll make them do that while they wait... great idea!
Stiga OC CR - no wrb
FH: Globe 999t/Quattro 2.0
BH: Sriver L 1.9
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic