Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  Help Desk Help Desk  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Speed Axel Review
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Speed Axel Review

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
infinite_loop View Drop Down
Super Member
Super Member


Joined: 12/21/2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 154
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infinite_loop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2011 at 3:59am
Originally posted by pnachtwey pnachtwey wrote:

Power has units of force*distance/time.
Speed has units of distance/time.
People generate power by converting energy from one form to another.
Paddles don't have a power or energy source.
Rubbers and blades don't generate power unless you burn them.

People use the terms power and energy for a multitude of concepts different from the physics concepts of power and energy. Those words were in usage well before physics borrowed them. One can't expect every usage to be in accordance to physics definition unless it is a formal physics discussion.

What next? Claiming a certain tensor rubber is not a tensor, and quoting the physics definiton of a tensor?

Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Avatar
Dark Knight

Joined: 06/28/2005
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 4964
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2011 at 6:17am
Originally posted by channyboi channyboi wrote:

You get the idea-bouncier/like a tensor.
And that's how I define it.
Please keep in mind that this post is about table tennis, and not physics.

Yes I agree... I only asked about it because I wanted to know how you defined it, amd now that you've clearly answered it, we should get back on track.

So lets not derail this thread into a physics thread, thanks guysWink
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Back to Top
Derf59 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 10/31/2005
Location: France
Status: Offline
Points: 51
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derf59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2011 at 8:00am
...

Edited by Derf59 - 09/06/2011 at 8:22am
Back to Top
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar

Joined: 02/05/2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 4992
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2011 at 8:07am
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Originally posted by channyboi channyboi wrote:

You get the idea-bouncier/like a tensor.
And that's how I define it.
Please keep in mind that this post is about table tennis, and not physics.

Yes I agree... I only asked about it because I wanted to know how you defined it, amd now that you've clearly answered it, we should get back on track.

So lets not derail this thread into a physics thread, thanks guysWink
I sometimes don't get Haggisv. Mostly he is quiet and diplomatic more than a swiss troubleshooter, but here he is more assertive than a US Army Special Trooper. WTF? What did dude do to get Haggisv fired up? Must have been something sever or I really missed something, because I wa out of the net last night when I had to cycle 20 KM all the way back home late cause the last train recovering my bicycle stopped way short and I was pizzed to all ends. hey, at least I lost another KG of fat cause of it:)
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Back to Top
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Avatar
Dark Knight

Joined: 06/28/2005
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 4964
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2011 at 6:48pm
I'm not sure how you can read my post to be so assertive? I was simply agreeing with channyboi... now that his has explained what he meant by the terms Power and Speed in his review, the discussion should continue about his topic, not about the technical meaning of the terms...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Back to Top
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 11/25/2004
Location: Philippines
Status: Offline
Points: 6922
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2011 at 8:17pm
@haggisv, need i tell you more that we should get rid of annoying people who hijack threads???
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Back to Top
pnachtwey View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: 03/09/2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Status: Offline
Points: 2035
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pnachtwey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2011 at 1:13am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

@haggisv, need i tell you more that we should get rid of annoying people who hijack threads???

And who is hijacking the thread yogi?    I am not the one posting wrong and useless information. I saw HaggisV's hint about avoiding more facts and I was willing to stop but I can't let your comment pass.

Yogi, I have evidence of you deleting my posts and even editing my posts and you can't provide any evidence of six warnings you claim to have given me. How can there be 6 warnings when you have deleted my posts? What posts are there left to give warnings to?   Simply, you are a liar and a forum bully. You will have to answer to the other forum moderators. I have web archived the thread so there is no need to modify it further. I am going to demand that you be removed as a forum moderator.
Grin and bear it yogi.
Back to Top
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Avatar
Dark Knight

Joined: 06/28/2005
Location: Australia
Status: Offline
Points: 4964
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2011 at 2:27am
OK, you've both had your say, now lets get back to the discussion of Speed Axel.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Back to Top
tims89 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 04/27/2011
Location: Russia
Status: Offline
Points: 27
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tims89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2011 at 1:51pm
hi guys. i want to use this booster. is there a difference between speed glue and water glue, because instruction says that i must put some layers on clear sponge, then put some water glue, and then another layer of booster. What happened if I will use speed glue(petrol)??? 
Back to Top
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
Avatar
This is FPS Doug

Joined: 10/31/2006
Location: Maine, US
Status: Offline
Points: 5196
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2011 at 9:34am
Use water glue; these boosters are designed to be compatible with water based glue and weird uneven stretching can result if you combine boost and speedglue.
US1260.RC1042 . Virtuoso AC : K1 + EL-P
Back to Top
tims89 View Drop Down
Member
Member
Avatar

Joined: 04/27/2011
Location: Russia
Status: Offline
Points: 27
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tims89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2011 at 4:34am
thanks!
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.141 seconds.

Become a Fan on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Web Wiz News
Forum Home | Go to the Forums | Forum Help | Disclaimer

MyTableTennis.NET is the trading name of Alex Table Tennis Ltd.

Copyright ©2003-2020 Alex Table Tennis Ltd. All rights reserved.